Blissdom is rapidly approaching and I’ve started to really think through what I’m going to bring this year. Besides your a-game, there are a few other things you’ll want with you at a blog conference. I’ve rounded up a few of what I think are essentials, some things that you may want to consider adding, what’s not necessary to bring, and –of course– beauty essentials!
1. An extension cord. I think hotels hate wall outlets since there are only about 4 in one room, and usually they are hidden behind the bed. And how are you supposed to curl your hair when you can’t plug your curling iron in? I mean, c’mon!
2. A power strip — to make outlets accessible.
3. A laptop or ipad — for “taking notes” or tweeting, blogging, emailing, searching, pinteresting, instagraming, etc.
4. A notepad. sometimes it’s easier to write things down.
1. Last year I brought my DSLR and didn’t even touch it. So, if you are debating between bringing it, or just using your phone, I’d suggest sticking with your phone. It’s easier to manage.
2. Unedited blog posts that you think you are going to finish while you are there. It was difficult to find time to work on my blog, but if you need to, the evening is probably the most likely time you’ll have to blog.
3. Leave your books at home. Roommate chats can run late into the night.
1. Find a small pouch to stash all the business cards you will gather during the conference.
2. Hand cream will keep your hands in tip top shape during all the meeting and greeting.
3. A few snacks are good to throw in your bag. Typically the food is just fine, but it’s good to have something to grab.
4. I prefer to start fueling up with coffee while I’m getting ready for the day, so bring something you can start in your room.