wall art : decal

I am so excited to finally reveal this huge decal I added to a wall in my office! I considered hanging it above my desk, but I was worried it would be too busy. So, I placed it behind the desk where I make jewelry.

I’m absolutely thrilled with it. It’s on the wall directly across from the door, so you can see the decal when you are walking in the hallway, and I love that.

Michele, who is also the mastermind behind Diesel + Juice, runs Wallums, an online decal store with her boyfriend Steve. I’ve used four Wallums decals (this one, this one, this one and this one) and they are very easy to apply. My mom helped my hang this one, and she told me she’s had trouble in the past with decals from other stores not sticking as well, OR sticking too well to the backing. She was impressed with the quality of this decal as much as I was.

Each decal comes with application instructions as well as a tool to rub it onto the wall. It’s my favorite way to change up a room, especially since we are renters.

Some of my other favorites are. . .
Caffeine & Pastries

Browse the site here if you are interested!

Have a great weekend!

*I recieved the decal as a gift, all opinions are mine.

Comments

This is so great! I’ve always been hesitant to try wall decals since our whole house has textured plaster walls and I wasn’t sure how well that would go, but if I ever move or decide to try them anyway, I’ll totally be checking out Wallums! That coffee one is adorable too.

So do you have to put each letter or word on individually or is it truly one big piece? I have had one before that we had to do invidually and it was hard to keep it straight.

• says

It came in 3 sheets, and each sheet had diamond shapes (about 1×1 inches) to line up to make sure everything was straight.

Totally thought all your pictures were from a magazine until I saw your cat (who matches the room so well btw)! Beautiful! Going to have to get the coffee decal we have the perfect spot in our kitchen and the hubby is a coffee nut!

Marissa

Hello! Kate you have inspired me to give it a go doing my own blog! I have a question that may be really silly but as I said I’m new to the blogging world! What are the links at the top of your page ( about, beauty, hair, etc) called? I’m trying to add them to mine but can’t figure out what to call them to look up the right code! I know this isn’t related to your post but I’d appreciate your time-or anyone who sees this and knows!

In addition there are screening process techniques that seek to gauge the knowledge in relation to Big Idea Mastermind and marketing from the aspiring associates. On program as well as enrolling within the website, movies tend to be provided for the emails from the aspiring associates.

6. Jess Golden says

Love it! Thanks for posting! Truly a great way to decorate. I think simple wall decals (with class) can really add life to any room. I recently bought some wall silhouettes (safari animals) from http://www.LifeSizeSilhouettes.com to dress up my boy’s room. What a difference! I was really pleased with them. Keep up the good ideas!