Triple Topsy Tail Pony Tutorial

Today’s tutorial is quick, simple, and casual. It’s a fresh way to change up a typical ponytail, without adding to much time or effort!

All you need is a few clear elastics and a bit of hairspray. Optional: texturizing spray/dry shampoo

1. Dina says
    Posted March 18, 2013

I never saw this kind of look before, great change from your typical ponytail! Thanks for sharing 🙂

xo, Dina
    Beauty to Sparkle

2. Posted March 18, 2013

This looks very pretty! I must try it sometime 😀

❁【s ᴜ s ɪ ᴇ v ɪ ʙ ᴇ s】❁

p.s. Come join my big giveaway! ;D

3. Posted March 18, 2013

Ahh Kate that is adorable! I love it!! : )

Kayla

4. Posted March 18, 2013

you made that look super easy so i actually feel like i could try it out! love it – thanks for sharing 🙂

5. Posted March 18, 2013

you seriously have the best hair tutorials! xo

6. Posted March 18, 2013

Ahhh! I love it. A lot. Harlow and I just watched it, and now she’s pining for more hair- I know it.

Also- we called them “waterfalls” growing up- and side pony tails were “a Nicole pony”- of course names after the girl in my sister’s class who ALWAYS wore a side pony.

I’m kind of thinking those names might not be used very widely…. 😉 but it’s what my kids will know them as!!

Posted March 18, 2013

Cute! I grew up calling ponytails “jennifers” because my neighbor friend, Jennifer, always had the cutest ponytails. 🙂

7. JANNA says
    Posted March 18, 2013

This is super cute and I so want to try it!!! 🙂 Do the clear elastics come in different sizes? I bought a pack of Conair clear elastics at my local CVS and they are so tight! I can get them in my hair but when I take them out, it pulls alot of hair out with them. So I wasn’t sure if I could buy some looser ones or not??!!

Posted March 18, 2013

Yep, they do some in different sizes. Sounds like you need larger ones? They shouldn’t pull any hair out!

8. Lindsey says
    Posted March 18, 2013

This is so cute and looks super easy! I love your tutorials + will definately be trying this out one day this week 🙂

Thanks!
    Lindsey @ tinyinklings.blogspot.ca

9. Posted March 18, 2013

I have the same trouble as Janna! Those clear elastics are so stinking small and pull my hair out.

• JANNA says
      Posted March 18, 2013

Glad it’s not just me! 😉

Posted March 18, 2013

they come in a variety of sizes, try larger ones!

10. Posted March 18, 2013

this is so cute!! i love it!

11. Posted March 18, 2013
  12. LRW says
    Posted March 18, 2013

I have short hair,but love to watch anyway! p.s. love the earrings in this tutorial..can you tell us where they might be found? thanks!

13. Posted March 18, 2013

How cute is this?! If I had short hair I would definitely wear it in cute little twists and ponies.

Amber
    FACE IT Catalog

14. Posted March 18, 2013

Ah! Cute and quick, I love it! My hair is long and super duper straight, so I need all the tips I can get. That and I also seldom use product in my hair. I’ll be checking out more of your hair tutorials for sure!

~ Ferly
    Gifts We Use {to grow, love and serve}

15. kristin says
    Posted March 18, 2013

This is so precious! My teenager has naturally thick, wavy hair (lucky girl!) about an inch shorter than yours and loves side pony’s but likes to change it up. I will be doing this to her hair tomorrow, thank you so much for sharing this adorable tutorial!

16. Cicily says
    Posted March 18, 2013

I LOVE this hairstyle. My hair is long, and I have a hard time doing the other tutorials. I just can’t make it do what I want it to. I can totally do this one! I curled my hair yesterday, wearing it down today, and will do this cute side poney tale tomorrow! YEAH!

17. Posted March 18, 2013

Such a cute tutorial! Could you share where you got your earrings and what lipstick you’re wearing?

18. Posted March 18, 2013

Such an easy look that’s so cute! Definitely going to be trying this one this week.
    grey et al

19. Posted March 18, 2013

Very cute.

xoxo
    Mags

20. Posted March 18, 2013

Adorable and creative! Your hair always looks top of the pops, Kate!

21. Posted March 18, 2013

This is adorable!

22. Manon says

Lovely!

23. illy says
    Posted March 18, 2013

This looks so romantic and casual!

My nail polish blog nails-and-more.blogspot.com

24. Shannon says
    Posted March 19, 2013
  25. Posted March 19, 2013

Earrings are adorable! Where from?

26. Posted March 19, 2013

Hi Kate,
    Absolutely love your blog. Another question about the clear elastics; I bought Conair in the largest size available and they always snap after a few hours. I don’t have thick hair at all and only wrap it twice. Do you have a brand that you recommend?

27. SH says
    Posted March 19, 2013

This is adorable!!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Sheree
    The Hartungs Blog
    thehartungs.com

28. Hannah says
    Posted March 19, 2013

that is such a cute way to fix a pony tail! You make it look so easy… sadly I can never get my hair to look quite like yours does in the pictures. You must have a gift for fixing hair or something 🙂

29. Carrie says
    Posted March 20, 2013

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

30. Posted March 20, 2013

This is so cute, just tried it out and it looks so nice, thanks!

31. Posted March 21, 2013

This comment has been removed by the author.

32. Posted March 21, 2013

I tried this on Tuesday, with disastrous results! The smaller piggie flips didn’t lay right & my hair lost all texture after I had put the elastics in. It just went all slippery & flat as I was trying to work with it.
    Sigh…

33. Posted March 23, 2013

This comment has been removed by the author.

34. Posted March 23, 2013

Good job 🙂 i like your blog posts. Happy blogging!

35. Posted April 3, 2013

Your tutorials are awesome, and I don’t want to sound offensive…but what is your natural haircut? Because this dirty blonde is beautiful!

36. Posted April 3, 2013

37. Posted April 3, 2013

What are the differences between this texturizing spray and the aquage sea salt texturizing spray? When are the best uses for each?

38. Camiz says
    Posted November 15, 2013

AMAZING, u R the Best!

39. Posted April 20, 2014

Surfing around the net, there is a best practice to obtain discount glasses is by online retailers.

40. Maddie says
    Posted July 14, 2014

I braided the little pony tails together and that looked good too!

41. るる says