Triple Topsy Tail Pony Tutorial

Today’s tutorial is quick, simple, and casual. It’s a fresh way to change up a typical ponytail, without adding to much time or effort!

All you need is a few clear elastics and a bit of hairspray. Optional: texturizing spray/dry shampoo

Comments

Ahhh! I love it. A lot. Harlow and I just watched it, and now she’s pining for more hair- I know it.

Also- we called them “waterfalls” growing up- and side pony tails were “a Nicole pony”- of course names after the girl in my sister’s class who ALWAYS wore a side pony.

I’m kind of thinking those names might not be used very widely…. ;) but it’s what my kids will know them as!!

This is super cute and I so want to try it!!! :) Do the clear elastics come in different sizes? I bought a pack of Conair clear elastics at my local CVS and they are so tight! I can get them in my hair but when I take them out, it pulls alot of hair out with them. So I wasn’t sure if I could buy some looser ones or not??!!

This is so cute and looks super easy! I love your tutorials + will definately be trying this out one day this week :)

Thanks!
    Lindsey @ tinyinklings.blogspot.ca

I have short hair,but love to watch anyway! p.s. love the earrings in this tutorial..can you tell us where they might be found? thanks!

This is so precious! My teenager has naturally thick, wavy hair (lucky girl!) about an inch shorter than yours and loves side pony’s but likes to change it up. I will be doing this to her hair tomorrow, thank you so much for sharing this adorable tutorial!

I LOVE this hairstyle. My hair is long, and I have a hard time doing the other tutorials. I just can’t make it do what I want it to. I can totally do this one! I curled my hair yesterday, wearing it down today, and will do this cute side poney tale tomorrow! YEAH!

Hi Kate,
    Absolutely love your blog. Another question about the clear elastics; I bought Conair in the largest size available and they always snap after a few hours. I don’t have thick hair at all and only wrap it twice. Do you have a brand that you recommend?

that is such a cute way to fix a pony tail! You make it look so easy… sadly I can never get my hair to look quite like yours does in the pictures. You must have a gift for fixing hair or something :)

I tried this on Tuesday, with disastrous results! The smaller piggie flips didn’t lay right & my hair lost all texture after I had put the elastics in. It just went all slippery & flat as I was trying to work with it.
    Sigh…