triple berry muffins

My mom made these delicious muffins when I was home last weekend, and I whipped up a batch yesterday! The cinnamon adds a really nice element, and adding the sugar at the end of the mixing means the tops will have a nice little crunch.
Triple Berry Muffins (original source)
makes 20-24
adapted from Sara Leah Chase’s Open House Cookbook

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 1/4 cups whole milk
2 extra-large eggs, beaten
2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups fresh or frozen berries w/out syrup
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line muffin tin with liners.

In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (except sugar) well. In a seperate bowl, mix wet ingredients. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet mixture. Gradually combine without over mixing. The batter will be a little bit more liquid-y than usual at this point. Add berries ( I used blackberries, raspberries and blueberries) and sugar and gently fold into the batter. It should be thick and resemble cookie dough.

Spoon batter into muffin cups 3/4 way full. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until tops are golden brown around the edges.

1. Posted March 6, 2013

Yum, these sound delish! I love your little cake stand, so cute!! I have a small obsession with cake stands, haha πŸ™‚

2. Posted March 6, 2013

These sound awesome! I’m definitely trying these soon! Thanks ~ and I have more than a SMALL obsession with cake stands……dustyroadblog and I should get together and compare! LOL

3. Alissa says
    Posted March 6, 2013

These sound so yummy!!!

4. Posted March 6, 2013

They look Delish!

5. Posted March 6, 2013

It’s all about the muffin cups for me. And maybe the crunchy sugar on the top….
    My mouth is watering!
    Ashley Rane Sparks

6. Kristen says
    Posted March 6, 2013

Oh Yum! Those look delicious! I am definitely going to have to try making those!!

Kristen
    Radiating Splendor

7. Shasta says
    Posted March 6, 2013

Oh! Those look so good! Thank you for sharing the recipe!

8. Shannon says
    Posted March 6, 2013

Yum! Thanks for the recipe. Where did you get your cute little cake stand? πŸ™‚

Posted March 6, 2013

I can’t remember, I’ve had it a very long time!

9. Posted March 6, 2013

They look super yummy! I can’t wait to try them out!

Chelsea
    Haute Child in the City

10. Posted March 6, 2013

looks delish! can’t wait to try this weekend.

XO andrea

11. Posted March 6, 2013

MMMM these look really yummy and I love the striped wrapping. Where did you get those?

xoxo
    Mags

Posted March 6, 2013

tj maxx!

12. Posted March 6, 2013

If only I had the motivation to bake! These look delicious!

13. Posted March 6, 2013

I will now be on a mission to perfect these gluten free!

14. Posted March 7, 2013

These look great! I’m going to try and make them with white whole wheat flour!

I’m curious, 1 1/2 tablespoons seems like a lot of cinnamon, it must be a pretty dominant, yes?

Posted March 7, 2013

It isn’t over-powering, but adjust it if you want to! depends on your cinnamon needs πŸ™‚

• Posted March 9, 2013

Thanks for letting me know! πŸ™‚

15. Posted March 7, 2013

Where did you get the muffin wrappers????

Posted March 7, 2013

tj maxx

16. Posted March 7, 2013

I made these muffins this afternoon! They are very sweet and yummy. Mine turned out a purplish-gray color, probably because I used some thawed mixed berries and the juices combined with the mixture, so they aren’t super pretty, but they are delish. Thanks for the recipe πŸ™‚

17. Posted March 8, 2013

Those sound delicious! I used to make a muffin similar to those when I worked as a barista in high school.’

Just out of curiosity, what program do you use to create the text on pictures?

Amanda

18. Posted March 8, 2013

These muffins looks amazing! Can’t wait to try out the recipe! Thanks for sharing!

xo