As I write this, I’m looking out the window at frost on the ground. Nonetheless, I have spring on my mind, including fresh pastel colors and summery accessories. We’re always one step ahead of the seasons, aren’t we? I remember dying to wear a scarf in September while it was 80 degrees, and now it’s chilly but I’m craving peep-toes and fresh color.
1. I have really loved this illuminator by Bare Escentuals. It’s called “Love Affair” and adds the most beautiful rose glow to my face. It won’t give you quite the pearly reflecitve light as a highlighter, but instead adds warmth and the slightest bit of shimmer. Dust it in your cheekbones, down the center of your nose, across your forehead and a tiny bit on your chin.
2. The Maybelline Color Whispers have become a quick favorite of mine. It’s the kind of lip color you can apply without a mirror, which I love. It adds a hint of color with just enough shine.
3. I can’t get enough lavender, purple, violet, and raspberry lately, so this nail color in “French Affair” by Essie is perfect. It’s a great alternative to my typical Essie Chinchilly grey.
4. A mint scarf. Need I say more? Mint is the color of the season–along with practically ever other pastel.
5. Nude peep toes are going to take the place of my grey patent wedges that I wear constantly. These are from Target and are very comfortable!
6. Delicate and dainty studs from Anthropologie adds a touch of charm to your outfit.