skin care routine

I have streamlined my morning and evening skincare routine to a few of my all-time favorite products. I’m a product junkie, so you’ll see me talk about a variety of different cleansers, moistuirzers, masque’s, exfoliators, etc. on the blog, however this is what I’ve been doing lately.

First, let me say once again (I already talked about it here) that my skin has never been this clear in my life. And it’s all due to the two Arbonne products I use on a daily basis: the primer and the liquid foundation

Since I’ve been using both of those products, my skin has been blemish free, except for two occasions (that’s right, I can actually count how many blemishes I’ve had since there have been so few). I cannot say enough great things about both products. I love them.
(my Arbonne consultant is fantastic and can help you if you have any questions about it. Email Katy at katy_ford32 (at) hotmail (dot) com)

I’d be surprised if I ever switch to anything else.

So, the morning skincare routine is basic: primer (which acts as my moisturizer) and Benefit It’s Potent eye cream. That’s it. I don’t wash my face in the morning. If I need extra moisture, I’ll apply a little bit of coconut oil to the very dry areas.

Once a week I exfoliate using the Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash. It’s fantastic. It isn’t as gritty as some exfoliators, which is a good thing, but still leaves my skin very smooth and clean.

I use my Clarisonic sometimes when I exfoliate on Saturdays, but not every time. There isn’t a method to that other than it just depends on how I feel!
*my review of the Clarisonic Mia 2

At night, I remove my makeup with a Pond’s Cleansing Towelette that I add a bit of warm water to. The more wet it is, the farther it goes. Afterwards, I apply a stroke of Mary Kay Lash Serum to each eyelid, apply Bare Escentuals Firming Cream under my eyes, and finish off with a swipe of Soft Lips in the vanilla flavor.

Do you have a consistent routine that you stick to for daily skincare? Or do you change it up with new products?

Comments

I find myself on the hunt for my perfect skincare routine about every 6-8 months or so. I am almost 30 and after 3 pregnancies find myself breaking out more like a teenager nowadays. So frustrating, I think I have found something, it seems to be working and then for some reason or another my skin starts breaking out little by little. This Arbonne primer sounds like a must try and I really need to start being more diligent with an eye cream morning and night!
    Hailey @ Love, Laughter and Lipstick

• says

Don’t take this the wrong way, but I’m so glad to hear I’m not the only one with this issue. I can swear by a product or two for a few months and then…BLAM-O…Breakouts’R’Us! I’m 35 and have 2 kids. So, the question is…what are you using currently?

I use ProActiv face wash morning and night, and I use mario badescu seaweed night cream MORNING and night – it’s so luxe – yet never leaves my skin feeling greasy. I also use his glycolic eye cream, flower face mask, kiwi face scrub and I use Philosophy micro delivery treatment a couple times month.

I tried using the Clairsonic too but it made my skin breakout the worst I’ve ever seen – I guess I’m just really sensitive!

I’ve always struggled with breakouts, not like crazy but I always feel like i have at least one or two all the time. I tried philosophy for a year and loved it but it just seemed to not do it. So i just started to clinique 3 step routine for morning and night. It leaves my face so soft. And I use my mia once a week. I can say this month when flow came to visit I got one blemish. That is it, just one and I haven’t had any more. So hopefully I have found the basics. Now to add in some eye cream.

I use Mary Kay’s creamy cleanser at night. It’s great because it takes off eye makeup too including mascara (non-waterproof). I have issues with eye cream and being in my late 30’s, I need ONE! I am a contact lens wearer. Night isn’t an issue because I remove them. But mornings, ugh. I can’t survive the day with smudgy contacts. Any suggestions?

Mario Bedescu! I just found this stuff and LOVE it. I use the face wash, toner, scrub, mask and moisturizers and my face is clearing up and looking so much brighter and my fine lines look less visible. Its not that expensive either which is a big plus.

• says

I know this comment is old, but I am interested in trying Mario Badescu. I am 25 and have struggled with breakouts the most ever in the past 3 or 4 years. So frustrating. My skin is normal/combo/dry…so I am not your typical oily-acne person. I think that’s why most acne products irritate my skin.

I wish my skin care regimen was as simple as yours, especially at night. I think my BF wouldn’t complain so much about how long it takes me to get ready for bed!

In the morning I use Neutrogena Acnes Stress toner, Neutrogena Acne Stress Spot Treatment, Clinique Anti-Gravity Firming Eye Cream, and Mary Kay combination skin moisturizer. I also use Bare Minerals Primer before putting my make-up on (which is mainly Bare Minerals). At night, I use Almay Eye Make-Up Remover pads, Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Acne Scrub, Neutrogena Acne Stress Night Cleansing pads, Neutrogena Acne Stress Spot Ttreatment, and Rimmel Lash Accelerator gel on my eyelashes.

I have used the Philosophy MicroDelivery Exfoliating Wash before, and have loved it. I like that it’s rough, but still gentle on your skin. I switch between that and the Mary Key Exfoliating line every few weeks. I also sometimes just use Philosophy Purity Made Simple at night, if I don’t want to use a scrub on my face.

I struggled with acne for a good amount of years, (it got really bad 5 years ago again for some reason)and can say now that my face has never looked better – and people are amazed when I tell them that I was very prone to break-outs. I just turned 32, and started using the Neutrogena Acne Stress Control line a few years back, and I think that’s helped a lot. I mainly use the toner, night cleansing pads, and spot treatment (which they don’t sell anymore).

I might need to try the Arbonne products because my face is blemish heavy lately. I wash it regularly, tone, mask, the whole 9! It is frustrating because I feel I have always taken good care of my skin and I can’t get it clear to save my life right now.

I recently went through an extreme streamlining process because my skin wasn’t responding to the extra work/products anyway. Based on your suggestion, Philosophy Purity has become my cleanser of choice. I use it twice a day, and every other night I throw my Clarisonic in the mix for some exfoliation. I do like a toner because my pores stay very congested, so I use Clinique’s Clarifying Lotion. Then I throw on a thin layer of Juice Beauty’s Oil-Free Moisturizer. No eye cream because it irritates my blepharits (which I’m still praying will magically clear up one day) and no acne treatments (although I always have a breakout) because I’m pregnant and salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide become no-nos.

I have streamlined as well and have found the following inexpensive, basic products work the best for my mostly oily, acne-proned complexion: Cleanse at night with CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser applied with my Clarisonic, Pur Minerals Moisture Infusion around my eyes; in the morning I cleanse with the CeraVe again (no Clarisonic), Moisture Infusion around my eyes, then I use a cotton ball and apply Milk of Magnesia all over my face, which absorbes oil ALL DAY. It’s amazing and cheap! I smooth over the Milk of Magnesia with NYC Smooth Skin Perfecting Primer and use Pur Minerals pressed powder mineral foundation. This combination has cleared my skin significantly and I have tried EVERYTHING.

I am a Philosophy junkie. I use Purity with Clarisonic every morning, Purity at night, and Hope in a Jar moisturizer morning and night, along with the Benefit eye cream that you use. Occassionally I use a moisturizer with Retinol at night to even out my skin tone. I’m in my early 30’s and my skin has really improved since using Philosophy products. Yay!!

As far as skin care goes I am in love with Dermalogica. I was introduced to the products when I was studying esthetics at TSPA and can’t get enough of it. Because I have acne I use the mediBac line, LOVE IT! I also love their Precleanse. It’s good to cleanse your face twice to really get all the dirt out of your follicles, and precleanse smells sooo good. And of course their Sponge Cloth is a must have! It dries stiff, but the minute you put it under water it softens up. It dries stiff so that it won’t hold any bacteria, amazing!

I’m such a product junkie myself so I’m always switching up new products. I have found my favorite basics though: Philosophy’s Hope in a Jar Moisturizer (I don’t know if I’ll ever use another moisturizer). Other than that it’s try anything.

Love your blog Kate! It’s become one of my daily must-read blogs. All your hair and makeup tutorials are amazing. Thanks for sharing your current fave products. I was wondering, have you ever checked out Beautypedia? If you love cosmetics you’d probably enjoy this website. I look up product information on this site all the time. They used to have a a really great app as well but it seems to have been discontinued.

Did you struggle with breakouts before using this regimen? I have hormonal acne at certain times every month and have been trying everything I can to find a skin care plan that helps.

• says

Hey Lisa – I might have something that can help you out if Kate’s routine didn’t work out for you. I started using Rodan+Fields Unblemish regimen and it’s changed my face completely. Email me at dsanders.rf@gmail.com if you’re interested!

Have you heard of/tried the Oil Cleansing Method? I’m looking into trying it myself, as it is a more natural way to cleanse your skin (apparently it works wonders too, based on the hoards of blogs/comments/articles I’ve seen online). Basically…the concept is that regular products strip the natural oil from our skin, so our skin produces more of it. Oil dissolves oil, so it’s better to use a combination of castor oil, olive oil, and others to cleanse the skin and remove the impurities (it sounds crazy, I know). Full details here: http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

• says

I use the OCM. It’s fabulous!! I do it in the evenings and nothing the next morning other than a small amount of coconut oil in any dry spots, followed with my primer. Highly recommended! Good luck

• says

i read a lot about this a few months ago and heard it was great even for oily acne prone skin. i also have bad flaking from my RX acne topical. i was terrified to put more oil on my skin but i tried it for a few weeks in a smaller area in case it did give me even worse breakouts. but i honestly didnt notice a difference. so. gave it up. went to sephora and they recommendes “first aid beauty brightening toner pads” and “clinique moisture surge intense”. they have workes great for me so far.

I am an Arbonne Independent Consultant and I am thrilled to see you love the Makeup Primer and the foundation. I use the RE9 Anti Aging Line in the morning and at night. These products are Ph correct which means they don’t strip the skin of it’s natural protective layer,which causes oily T zones, dry patches and acne flare ups. It corrects the Ph level of your skin, thus correcting the condition and look of your skin. My skin has never looked or felt so great, I too suffered from hormonal breakouts, not any more. I simply use the RE9 line, apply the primer, bronzer and mascara (maybe 5mins) and out the door I go. If anyone has any questions regarding Arbonne products, I would be happy to answer them. We are Vegan approved, no chemical dyes or fragrances, hypoallergenic, have no parabens or pthalates, no mineral oil and are Ph correct. check out http://www.arbonne.com for more info as well.

I love trying new beauty products, too, and I especially love it when my sample drawer under my bathroom sink is full and I can rifle through it and find new things to try every week. Right now, my skin’s saving grace has been REN cosmetics. I wish they weren’t so expensive, but they have made my skin so clear and nearly blemish-free. Now, I only break out around that time of the month. After having acne all the time, I can deal with that!

I wash my face before bed with water, then use old school Pond’s cold cream to remove my eye makeup. That also moisturizes, but I do use an Avon Renew cream for my eyes. In the morning, I rinse my face with water, then use a day lotion with SPF… I have a few I use! My makeup is Bare Minerals. I have pale, reddish skin and the Bare Minerals completely covers without making me look like I have makeup caked on. I started using it a few years ago and never went back to liquid foundation. The mineral makeup evens out my skintone, doesn’t give me makeup lines around my forehead/hairline (no matter how much I blended the liquid kind) and makes my skin look fresh and natural. LOVE it.

At age 36, I’m finally taking my skin seriously. It’s in the worst shape it’s ever been. I blame make-up. I had clear skin in my teens and never touched make-up. Oh youth.

At night I have been trying my best to religiously take off my make-up and put lotion on my face and balm on my lips. So far so good. I have noticed a slight difference in my skin. More so I’ve noticed that I am able to get in and out of the shower quicker knocking down face washing time. I do a quick sweep in the shower w/ light soap since all the make-up is gone.

Thanks for the product recommendations and tips!

I use the oil cleansing method. I use castor oil mixed with grape seed oil every night to help take off the make-up. I just splash my face with water in the mornings and exfoliate once a week. I only use a tinted moisturizer as make-up.

About 6 months ago my friend introduced me to Paula’s choice products. http://www.paulaschoice.com, and they are amazing. My husband and I have both used them for acne and combination skin. They leave your skin feeling amazing and not dried out like many products. She has different lines to pick from depending on your skin type and they are very reasonably priced. I tell everyone I know about these great products!

Great stuff. I am also a beauty junkie and I’m a guy! I use the best facial masks every 4 days, generally a clay / mud-based one, and an exfoliating peel mask. I can recommend the Hey Honey, Take It Off mask – as an exfoliating mask it works great. My preferred moisturizer is Faiza Cosmetiques anti-age rich cream. It is really moisturizing, supple, and nourishing.

Hi, Kate! When you order the Arbonne products, do you have to set a frequency to reorder every X amount of days? I was a little confused by the website and ordering process. Any insight you can offer would be great. Thanks!

Do you not use face wash anymore? I’m using philosophy’s purity and didn’t know if saw a difference between using a face wash and just using pond’s wipes

I love Arbonne’s products!
    I have been using them for 5 years now.
    Wonderful to hear your review.
    I am a consultant in Canada and the weather can do a number on our skin here!
    I use the Arbonne R E-9’skincare line exclusively
    Love the results!
    The primer & foundation are our best selling cosmetics! Nice choice :-)
    I follow your blog and love your tutorials, keep me coming!

I am 36 and still get breakouts from time to time and tend to have an oily t-zone. I haven’t worn foundation in over a year and have been using a BB cream but I’d be interested in trying a foundation. I’m going to email your consultant :) I’ve been using Proactiv for a little over a year now and it seems to be the best at keeping my skin clear. I’m going to get the Benefit eye cream though, I need that!

Never use soap for my face. Just warm water and face lotion, night and day. Every Sunday a good scrubbing and double the amount of face lotion. An easy way to remove mascara I found by wetting my hands with warm water then gently rub my eyelashes in between my index fingers and my thumbs. I repeat this a few times then use the towelette for my entire face, including over my leads and lashes.

I have been very regimented about taking care of my skin for years. Have tried many brands and my daily routine pretty much consists of:

a.m.- Philosophy’s Purity Made Simple face wash. The BEST fash wash I have every used. EVER. I have the super size bottle, and it has lasted me for over a year!
    AdvoCare’s Definite Difference day creme. Tons of moisture – don’t need a primer at all as my make-up stays on perfectly.
    p.m.- Purity Made Simple face wash. AdvoCare’s Vitamin C Serum (around my eyes/lips) and Definite Difference night creme. My skin feels so amazing at night.
    When I shower, typically every other day, I do have a super-size bottle of Philosophy’s Microdermabrasion that I used to wash my face. So my skin gets buffed 3-4x/wk.

Just before this month I gt in touch with an website named rawforbeauty.com and then I came to know about what good for skin, what are the good skin care products, what are the good raw foods for health etc. I got some more information from the above blog also. Thats the benefit of reading blogs in regular basis

I really love reading how other people take care of their skin. I spend a great deal of time on my skin, myself, so I’m always on the lookout for a product that may work better. Right now, I’m in L-O-V-E with my Murad Acne Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF20 PA from http://www.astonishingskincare.com/murad.html. Since turning 40 last year, it seems my face doesn’t know what to do with itself and I suffer from acne and the beginnings of wrinkles. It’s terribly frustrating, hence the constant online search for the fountain of youth. lol Thanks for sharing!

Hi, love your blogs and LOVE that you LOVE Arbonne. I’m an Arbonne Consultant and everything I use is Arbonne. I would be glad to send samples to anyone and would love to answer any questions that anyone has. The primer and foundation is AMAZING and leaves your skin velvety feeling.Saw where someone asked about the RE9 Anti Aging skin care line…I cannot say enough great things about this product line. You will not regret purchasing any of the products and they last 4-6 months! you can contact me at maryellenpienkos@myarbonne.com or shop online to view the products at http://www.mpienkos.myarbonne.com. This week I have 20-35% off on all products.

Thanks!

• says

Hey Joan – I am a consultant with Rodan + Fields and all of our products meet the requirements of the FDA and American Cancer Society. We have around 8 products that include SPF of 25 and up. You can see the info about it here: http://mad.ly/c4a1f3. I personally use the Unblemish Lotion that’s SPF20 and the Mineral Peptides that are SPF25 (in addition to our sunscreen of course). In addition to providing great moisturizing properties my face also has cleared up since I’m keeping the UVA/UVB rays out. Let me know if you have any questions!

Dana
      dsanders.rf@gmail.com
      dsanders2.myrandf.com

This is a nice Blog of beauty tips. I am very pleased to watch this post. As being estheticians by profession, I suggest to use the above products. Having 10 years long experience as being skin care specialist I also suggest people to use best skin care products like obagi professional-c serum.

Earthtopia cosmetics is a new line that is completly paraben free and fantastic skincare.Right now you can get $100 worth of Earthtopia for $50 so its a great time to try them.
    wwww.everydaybeautiful.org

These post is nice about daily skin care routine but some more important thing is protect your skin from aging. After 30 year the aging problem like acne, wrinkle and age spot come out. Be very care full about your up coming aging skin. obagi is very effective product for skin types. obagi nu derm kit is also good. So please think about it.

Oh my goodness Kate, I’m so glad to see you mentioned coconut oil! I love coconut oil. A girlfriend of mine is going in for laser surgery and I suggested that she consider using coconut oil once her skin is finished peeling. I love coconut oil because it is so rich in fatty acids and contains antimicrobial, antifungal and antibacterial properties. It’s also rich in antioxidants to soften, protect, prevent infection and prevent or lessen scarring of the skin. It’s amazing!

I am 25 and I have struggled with breakouts more than ever in the past 3 or 4 years. Normal acne products work in the beginning, but never seems to stick. I am in the process of simplifying my skin care routine. I think it is what will work best for my adult acne. Anytime I am having a bad breakout, I tend to overuse multiple products in order to clear the breakout…it’s a big no-no. I always tell myself to stop, but for some reason I do it time after time. So I am going back to a simple face wash (purpose-drugstore brand recommended by Derm)…but purity it good too. I am also using Philosophy’s help me (a night time retinal treatment)followed by a moisturizer (I either use Ponds, Simple skin care, or Cerave). I am really going to try and stick to this…even if I get new breakouts. Consistency is key!

Thank you for giving me this important tip. This is very helpful for all. Your product is nice. But one thing I want to share that I have been use obagi for six month. It works very effective for me. Obagi Skin Care is really useful for me.

I’m not sure if anyone has heard of Seacret, but we’ve fell in love with the products, especially the mud soap! Awesome blog, keep up the great work!

Regular exercise, drinking adequate water, avoiding excess sun-exposure, cleaning, toning and moisturizing your skin daily and regularly, good hygiene practices, a healthy lifestyle (no late hours, no cigarettes, no liquor, etc.), skin exfoliation 1-3 times a week will erase wrinkles and lines, and help you look young. defining ageexperts.net site

Everyone wants healthy, glowing, beautiful skin but not everyone is blessed with it. After years of being a hamster, trying different products and methods that will work for my skin type. I found the product that suit to my sensitive skin.

If you are not happy with the way your skin looks, visit a skin Plus clinic for help. There are so many different types of procedures that you can have done. You can learn about the available types and find out which ones would be most beneficial for you.

skin clinic in delhi

Natural skin products

Welcome to Naturesecretsnz, it appears wise to go for all-natural products. In addition to, the way in which of lifestyle these individuals leads to are invigorating towards the entire physique. The very best methods to reverse that have to make use of natural skin products which will assist your epidermis seem younger and developed. How could you need to do that? You’ll find lots of options accessible these days which will assist you to refresh the radiant glow of one’s epidermis. Following all, it offers because the illustration of how more healthy you’re around the inside.
    For more info visits @ http://www.naturessecretsnz.com

I use the Oil Cleansing Method. I am 53 yrs old and my skin feels wonderful. I use a homemade cleanser and toner. I also finish with a spray of ASEA (www.jadavis.teamasea.com ~ Also http://www.amazingmolecules.com)
    I’m like you Kate, I do not use night cream and I use a BB cream and Bare Minerals during the day. Stream-lining skincare is economical and healthy!

HI! I am responding to this blog as an Independent Consultant. I just stumbled upon your blog, and noticed that you credit Arbonne’s products to your beautiful skin. I wanted to let you know, if you didn’t already, that we now have CC cream that has 10 functions all in one product (Primer, Protector, Concealer, Hydrator, Mattifier, Brightener, Blemish Cover, Pore Refiner, Comforter and Complexion Controller). I wear it under my liquid foundation and it makes my skin feel better for wearing it all day than if I didn’t wear it! It acts more as a skin care product rather than a cosmetic product! If you are intersted in trying it, please contact me below (unless you already have an Arbonne Consultant – I don’t want to steal business!!) I can work with you on a discount!

E-mail: kkornichuk@myarbonne.com
    Website: http://www.kkornichuk.myarbonne.com
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/kkornichukmyarbonne

I hope to hear from you, or anyone else who has any questions regarding Arbonne’s fantastic products.

Karen

45. Lisa says

I recently tried a weeks worth of arbonne’s RE9 products. i really liked the moisturizer and face wash. At first the eye cream seemed to hard but towards the end of the week it got better. Mainly want to correct fine lines and improve the overall texture of my skin. Wanted to find out if anyone uses these products, looking for some feedback before I take the plunge. Thanks in advance.

Lisa

• says

Check out Rodan and Fields… 60 day money back guarantee. Cmorrell.myrandf.com
      Have amazing eye cream and our redefine regimen will give you results.

I wwas curious if you ever thought of changing the layout of your blog?

Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe you could
    a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it
    better. Youve ggot an awful lot oof text for only having one or 2 pictures.

Maybe you could space it out better?

Good day! I simply wish to give you a big thumbs up for the great information you’ve got right here on this post.
    I will be returning to your web site for more soon.

Beauty product shouldn’t be costly, as long s it contain natural ingredients and as much as possible free from fragrance because it can cause harshness to the skin.

Everyone wants to put their best look forward, from head to toe. But, dull and dark skin can play spoiler to your otherwise perfect face. So girls, if you are looking for some natural remedies to get your beautiful and radiant skin back, here is a solution. Try out some do-it-yourself facial packs made out of Aloe Vera. Aloe vera is great for every skin type.