Oscar Hair Recap

Overall, I was underwhelmed by the hair at the Oscars.
It was a lot of the same looks, and things we’ve seen before.
I guess the good thing about playing it safe is that you are sure to make the “win” list instead of the “hair disaster” list!
1. Amy Adams looked beautiful, but colorless. The look worked for her, but it was forgettable. I liked her hair, but it was a little too messy for my taste.

2. Jennifer Garner, sweetest wife in history. Did you see her tear up talking about Ben? She looked stunning in purple, and I loved her hair. It looked easy and comfortable to wear.

3. Stacy Keibler’s “fob” (faux bob) looked pretty good. It was a little wide on the bottom, but that may have been somewhat unavoidable depending on how long her hair actually is.

4. Reese. Classic. I’ve seen this before, but she killed it in the “shine” department. I also love her lip color.

5. Maria Menounos looked beautfiul. Her hair was extra large, but it looked soft and touchable.

6. Naomi Watt’s was my favorite. She looked beautiful. I did not enjoy her dress, but her hair and makeup was flawless.

7. Amanda Seyfried looked fantastic with her hair up and away from her face. Her eyes looked a little tired/red, but other that that she nailed it.

8. Jessica Chastain looked great. Her hair was predictable, but it does look good on her.

1. Melissa. WHAT IS THAT. As a fellow lover of huge hair, this is shaped wrong, looks stiff, and isn’t doing a thing for you.

2. Jennifer Aniston looks beautiful, like usual, but I wish she would have changed it up. Her hair is always the same.

3. Kristen Chenoweth was giving me heart palpitations through the tv screen due to her high energy on the carpet. And her bun was too tight. I think she’s cute, but she would have looked less severe with softer hair. But—I rarely like a tight bun/top knot, so I’m not surprised that her hair wasn’t a favorite of mine.

4. Jennifer Lawrence looked happy to be there. Her makeup looked great, but her hair was boring. The top was stiff looking from some angles, and the back was too “done”. In other words, it looked a little over-thought.

Who were your favorites?

1. Posted February 25, 2013

Jennifer Garner’s hair looked amazzzinnng! Totally loved it too!

Kayla

2. Posted February 25, 2013

I loved Reese and Jennifer! Both classics!!

-Sarah

3. Nikki says
    Posted February 25, 2013

I missed most of the Oscars, but I LOVED Amy Adams’ hair style!

4. JKje says
    Posted February 25, 2013

Ug, I adore Amy Adams. For reals.

5. Brenna says
    Posted February 25, 2013

I actually love Jennifer Lawrence’s hair. I think it’s really classy without looking old. Personally, I don’t understand why some stars for for a more messy/casual look. I mean, they’re wearing hundreds of diamonds and these fancy dresses. If there ever was a reason to have elegant hair, wouldn’t the oscars be one of them?

6. Jenn says
    Posted February 25, 2013

I know she is in the losers category but uhm her name is Melissa not Megan 🙂 Her dress was kind of bad too. but she is super funny & awesome 🙂

Jenn

7. Jenn says
    Posted February 25, 2013

Also I think Kristin Stewart should be on the worst list, haha. She was just a mess all around!

Posted February 25, 2013

I couldn’t even add her into the mix. It was entirely too dull.

8. Cara H says
    Posted February 25, 2013

You have to add Kristen Stewart to WORST hair – as always she looked so disheveled!

9. Posted February 25, 2013

Maria Monounos was my fave! I wish I could pull that look off but always feel like my hair is too heavy and falls.

xoxo
    Mags

10. Posted February 25, 2013

Knowing she’s human and not perfect, I think Jennifer Garner is the definition of classy. She is graceful, loving and her commitment to her husband is evident, all things that make her beautiful in my opinion. I am a huge fan of Jennifer Aniston’s (fashion-wise) but I totally agree, I would love to see her do something else with her hair, even though it’s been her trademark for.ever.

Can I just say, I was definitely not a fan of Anne Hathaway’s pointy breast dress? It just didn’t seem ‘Hollywood Glam’ in my opinion 🙂

Posted February 25, 2013

Yeah, Anne either didn’t look in the mirror or didn’t care but that dress was AWKWARD on so many levels. I just appreciate that there is already a twitter account created for her, ahem, lady parts.

• Posted February 25, 2013

Anne’s dress was definitely strange. My husband wondered if something was specifically sown in to make it appear that she had more there than she actually had for the dress. On the subject of dresses, I thought Octavia Spencer had a pretty dress on last night. Flattered a fuller figure.

11. Posted February 25, 2013

I totally agree kristen chenoweth was scary looking! no shoutout for Charlize Theron and the pixie though?!

12. Posted February 25, 2013

Speaking of Reese’s shiny hair – do you have any tips for keeping or getting blonde hair that shiny? I feel like I am party of the “dull blonde” hair club! Thanks!

13. Posted February 25, 2013

Poor Jennifer;s hair had about 34 baby hsirs sticking up when she was being interviewed. I agee, always loved her hair but it’s always the same. I would’ve loved to see it in a messy fishtail braid…just my 2 cents.

Lindsay
    LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

14. Posted February 25, 2013

I have to agree about Melissa Mccarthy. I love her, but when I saw her hair, I cringed.

And I agree with Brenna above. Hair doesn’t have to be stiff, but it shouldn’t be messy.

15. Posted February 25, 2013

Love your take on the styles! Check out my best and worst dressed over at http://www.sophisticatedsass.com!

xo Andrea

16. Chelsea says
    Posted February 25, 2013

i loved giuliana rancic’s hair! so different then her usual overly fake extensions.

• Posted February 25, 2013

Her hair looks so pretty shorter!

17. Posted February 25, 2013

I didn’t see the Oscars because of the time difference but from your selection I love Jennifer G., Stacy and Reese – classic soft and feminine hairstyles.

Annette
    Lady of Style

18. Posted February 25, 2013

This is the first time I’ve watched in a few years and I feel like it was rather casual this year. From what I remember this was the it award show and the whole feel was rather relaxed for me. I feel like I remember it being almost taboo to wear your hair down to a show of this caliber, but I guess they were spot on as far as trends go. Still not enough glitz for me. A huge lack of bling in my opinion!

19. Posted February 25, 2013

Yeah Melissa McCartney’s was bad. I mean large woman and LARGE hair doesnt always woek… case and point!

I totally agree with your winners!

20. Amy says
    Posted February 25, 2013

I liked J.Lawrences, however, now that youve mentioned some of the things you did…I am seeing what you were saying…

Coffee Beans and Bobby Pins

• Amy says
      Posted February 25, 2013

In other words..maybe not so great. haha

21. Posted February 25, 2013

I agree with you on Reese and Naomi Watts- two of my faves!!! I thought Salma Hayak’s hair looked pretty awful. I posted a fashion recap on my blog today as well, if you would like to check it out! 🙂 http://mommyholly.blogspot.com LOVE your blog, by the way! I am a new reader of yours and am just loving it!
    xoxox Holly

22. Posted February 25, 2013

I love Jennifer Aniston & I think her hair color is great but I totally agree – she needs to do something different with it every once in awhile!

23. Shasta says
    Posted February 25, 2013

I really loved Jennifer Lawrence’s hair along with Jessica Chastain. Both of them were just absolutely beautiful. And I agree with Jennifer Aniston…her hair was just blah.

24. Posted February 25, 2013

Reese had the most beautiful looking hair last night 🙂 She is stunning !!!! Love reading your blog !!! It’s my newest favorite 🙂

25. Shannon says
    Posted February 25, 2013

What a great post! You made so many excellent points. 🙂 I actually loved Jennifer Lawrence’s hair. It complimented her dress and necklace so well.

26. Posted February 25, 2013

I loved Jennifer Lawerence’s hair color, and I agree with you about Kristen’s tight high bun. Not a great look.

27. Posted February 25, 2013

I thought Jennifer Lawrence had the most beautiful hair!

28. Heidi says
    Posted February 25, 2013

I actually really liked Jennifer Lawrence’s updo. I also loved Jennifer Garner’s look. And I totally agree that Jennifer Aniston needs to stop only wearing her hair down. It would be nice to see a new style on her every so often.

29. Rebecca says
    Posted February 25, 2013

My favorites are definitely Amanda and Naomi! So gorgeous. Jennifer Lawrence looks almost too grown up, to me.

30. Posted February 25, 2013

I loved Charlize’s pixie!

My least fave…Kristen Stewart. Her hair just looked dirty!

31. Posted February 25, 2013

My favorite was hands down Jennifer Garner. She is so beautiful and I loved her hair!
    I agree totally I thought Kristin’s hair was pulled too tight, he face seemed sucked back.

32. Posted February 25, 2013

Totally agree with all your comments. You put words to my thoughts, though.

Kristin is so teeny tiny, she needs volume and a little softness around the botox – not a slam on her. I really like her a lot but that look was severe and she’s not.

You didn’t comment on Helena Bonham Carter.

33. Jenn D says
    Posted February 25, 2013

Naomi was my favorite too!
    Jenn
    With Luck

34. Lori says
    Posted February 25, 2013

Charlize Theron! Love her. And the worst – Definitely Melissa. I actually said out loud, “What in the WORLD!?” But her dress was really good!!!

35. Kara M says
    Posted February 25, 2013

I thought Reese was beautiful! Like always. Stacy was my favorite!! Her dress was stunning.

36. Posted February 25, 2013

I, too, agree with most of your choices, but loved Jennifer Lawrence all the way around last night. She looked flawless. Felt AWFUL for her when she fell, but thought she recovered nicely and just sucked it up! Wearing their hair down worked for Reese and Jessica – old Hollywood glamour – but Jennifer Aniston definitely needs to do something more for the Oscars. Maria’s hair was way too big and “fun” for the Oscars in my opinion. And Melissa’s hairdo was a hair DON’T. Would’ve loved to see her wear her hair like it was in Identity Thief after her makeover. And, as usual, Kristen Stewart was a hotttttt messsss, as was Helene Bonham Carter…aye yey yey…

• Hayley says
      Posted February 26, 2013

I 100% agree, I would have switched Maria and Jennifer on these lists for sure!

• Hayley says
      Posted February 26, 2013

Jennifer Lawrence that is… She is such a sweetie!

37. Posted February 25, 2013

I agree with evrything you said. as for another one that I loved — ADELE!!!! It wasn’t really styled, but holy hannah, her hair ITSELF is so friggin’ thick and healthy and gorgeous I can’t stand it! I guess thats’ what eating meals of actual food + fat + protein will getcha. 😉

38. Posted February 25, 2013

I HATED Kristen Stewart’s hair – when is someone going to give that girl a hairbrush?

• Lizzy says
      Posted February 26, 2013

I agree. My boyfriend mentioned she looks like she’s on heroine. lol

39. Posted February 26, 2013

I thought Jennifer Lawrence looked flawless. Her hair was perfectly stunning and classic…she is simply stunning.

40. Posted February 26, 2013

I agree totally with all of your comments. I know Anne’s dress was a mess but I do have to say that her hair is growing in really cute. If I had to cut my hair off to win an Oscar…I’d do it and I’d get a hair dresser that knew how to make my short hair cute. Good for you Anne!

Ashely Rane Sparks

41. Posted February 26, 2013

Oh, I thought Rene Zellweger would have made your worst list. Not good, not good.

42. SH says
    Posted February 26, 2013

Love Amy Adams’s look!

Happy Monday!

Sheree
    The Hartungs Blog
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

43. Posted February 26, 2013

I agree that Jennifer Aniston’s hair was awful! Check out my Oscar’s review: http://smalldogtheblog.blogspot.com

44. Posted February 26, 2013

I have to agree with you on both the winners and losers! Jennifer Aniston is adorable, but why can’t she do anything different with her hair? I’ve seen her with it wavy and it looks gorgeous.

Cindy at Notes in the Key of Life

45. Posted February 26, 2013

I love Reese’s do, would you happen to have a tutorial for that?

46. R2P2 says
    Posted February 26, 2013

I have to disagree with JLaw – I thought the clean-swept hair was a good compliment to her bold, voluminous dress. But I could just be biased because I think she’s freaking adorable and love her style.

Totally agree about Jennifer Aniston, though. I think she leaves her hair down & careless too much. She isn’t in her 20s anymore; she needs to DO something with that ‘do!

47. Posted February 26, 2013

I agree totally with all of your comments. And the worst – Definitely Jennifer Lawrence, her hair looks messy!! and hello bobby pins!!

48. Posted February 26, 2013

LOVED Naomi Watts….and thank you for not including K Stew. I couldn’t even look at her

49. Posted February 26, 2013

No matter what the celebrities looked like, what matters is that they were happy with their look and felt beautiful. 🙂

50. Amy says
    Posted February 26, 2013

Can you do a Naomi Watts tutorial? I LOVED her hair, but can never get the front of mine to do that!

51. Melissa says
    Posted February 27, 2013

Melissa’s is awful! And i love her! I do like Jennifer Lawrence’s though.

My faves are Reese & Naomi’s!

52. Posted February 27, 2013

I loved Jennifer Lawrence’s hair. I thought Charlize should have been on your list for great hair. I also liked
    Anne Hatheway’s hair.
    and Jennifer Aniston should have been done something with her hair, put it up! And KStew, omgosh! Horrible! Brush, Style, get over the whole vampire mysterious look! !

53. Posted March 1, 2013

LOVED Jennifer Garner’s hair! Jennifer Aniston on the other hand…not so much 🙁

2inPink Blog

54. Posted April 1, 2013

You got a really useful blog I have been here reading for about an hour. I am a newbie and your success is very much an inspiration for me.
    Hair Removal

55. maude says
    Posted August 12, 2014

I have not checked in here for some time since I thought it was getting boring, but the last few posts are great quality so I guess I��ll add you back to my everyday bloglist. You deserve it my friend 🙂