Overall, I was underwhelmed by the hair at the Oscars.
It was a lot of the same looks, and things we’ve seen before.
I guess the good thing about playing it safe is that you are sure to make the “win” list instead of the “hair disaster” list!
1. Amy Adams looked beautiful, but colorless. The look worked for her, but it was forgettable. I liked her hair, but it was a little too messy for my taste.
2. Jennifer Garner, sweetest wife in history. Did you see her tear up talking about Ben? She looked stunning in purple, and I loved her hair. It looked easy and comfortable to wear.
3. Stacy Keibler’s “fob” (faux bob) looked pretty good. It was a little wide on the bottom, but that may have been somewhat unavoidable depending on how long her hair actually is.
4. Reese. Classic. I’ve seen this before, but she killed it in the “shine” department. I also love her lip color.
5. Maria Menounos looked beautfiul. Her hair was extra large, but it looked soft and touchable.
6. Naomi Watt’s was my favorite. She looked beautiful. I did not enjoy her dress, but her hair and makeup was flawless.
7. Amanda Seyfried looked fantastic with her hair up and away from her face. Her eyes looked a little tired/red, but other that that she nailed it.
8. Jessica Chastain looked great. Her hair was predictable, but it does look good on her.
1. Melissa. WHAT IS THAT. As a fellow lover of huge hair, this is shaped wrong, looks stiff, and isn’t doing a thing for you.
2. Jennifer Aniston looks beautiful, like usual, but I wish she would have changed it up. Her hair is always the same.
3. Kristen Chenoweth was giving me heart palpitations through the tv screen due to her high energy on the carpet. And her bun was too tight. I think she’s cute, but she would have looked less severe with softer hair. But—I rarely like a tight bun/top knot, so I’m not surprised that her hair wasn’t a favorite of mine.
4. Jennifer Lawrence looked happy to be there. Her makeup looked great, but her hair was boring. The top was stiff looking from some angles, and the back was too “done”. In other words, it looked a little over-thought.
Who were your favorites?