LOFT shopping event recap

Sunday evening was the private shopping event I hosted at LOFT. I was really excited about the opportunity, and as the date approached I became even more excited to meet everyone that was coming!

I spent about 3 hours in the store the day before picking out outfits for 12 dress-forms. It was funny to see what I’m naturally drawn to. There were plenty of outfits that were simply jeans and a blouse. I forced myself to think outside the box, and mix up patterns and colors for a fresh look.

The dress-forms were placed all around the store during the evening of the event. We enjoyed amazing cupcakes from Daisy Cakes bakery*, and I watched as women carried piles of clothing back to the fitting room.
There’s something about a private event that allows you to open your mind up a little bit and see the store more clearly. Besides the obvious fact that there are less people in the store, I think it has to do with knowing you have a certain amount of time to browse, and personalized attention if you needed something.

The day prior, when I was styling the dress-forms, I also took an armful of clothes back to the fitting room for myself. I sifted through some great pieces, and found a few things that I know will be some essentials this spring.
This was what I wore to the event : (all items from LOFT except for the shoes)

I also picked up this jade/turquoise tie-neck blouse.

blouse // polka dot sweater (old navy, out of stock) // jeans // shoes (similar)

To those who came, thank you for coming! It was great to meet you and I’d love to see you again at another one of these events!

1. Posted February 1, 2013

Looks like a great event! I have that Old Navy sweater…great idea to pair it w/ a tie neck blouse. I love the outfit you wore to the event…you look like a model!

2. Sam says
    Posted February 1, 2013

What a fun event! You did a wonderful job styling the outfits. The jade tie-neck blouse is adorable, I might have to recreate that look!

Here’s to wishing I was in NC for this event 🙂

3. Posted February 1, 2013

UM YUP. i think I might be buying that lace top. and also hiring your for my hair AND clothes.

just sayin’.

xoxo!

4. Posted February 1, 2013

Wow I bought 3 of those tops the other day including the lace one! Thanks for the idea of wearing a polka dot tank underneath of it! I love it!! Wish I was in NC for this event!!

5. ginna says
    Posted February 1, 2013

Thanks again for putting on the event, it was so great to finally meet you! 🙂

Posted February 1, 2013

thanks for coming!!

6. Posted February 1, 2013

Ahhhh… LOVE your outfits!!!!!! Mint pants? Yes please! Polka dot sweater? Gimmie! 🙂

You look phenomenal!

7. SH says
    Posted February 1, 2013

I’m in love with that tie blouse!

Sheree
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

8. Posted February 1, 2013

I’ve never actually shopped at LOFT but I always adore the things you wear from there. I will definitely include LOFT in my next shopping trip!

Molly from littlebittyprettylife.blogspot.com

9. Posted February 1, 2013

I love everything in this store! By far, my favorite store. Love all of the looks you put together!

10. Emily says
    Posted February 1, 2013

This comment has been removed by the author.

11. Posted February 1, 2013

The event looked like so much fun! Well done!

I know you’ve said before that you’re not too comfortable in skinnys unless they are paired with boots, but in that photo of your outfit you wore to the loft event, you look FANTASTIC! Just sayin’

Happy Friday!
    Tegan
    Lemon Sugar Creative

Posted February 1, 2013

thank you! So weirdly enough, the blog title I had before I switched to The Small Things Blog was “Lemon Sugar”. #greatmindsthinkalike

• Posted February 2, 2013

Seriously?! Wow, I had no idea! Great minds, indeed.

Have a great weekend!

12. Chelzz says
    Posted February 1, 2013

Love the necktie blouse. I never thought to wear a sweater over like that and have it hang out! Thank you for the outfit idea!

13. Posted February 1, 2013

Where did you find that beautiful fabric for the tablecloth!? I have been trying to find fabric that color for wedding table overlays.

Posted February 1, 2013

It’s a target tablecloth!

14. KatieP says
    Posted February 1, 2013

It looks like you had a great event and I love your outfit picks! On another note, I’m a Shark Tank Junkie, I’ve seen every episode and I often buy a lot of the products I see. Unfortunately, the Daisy Cakes you mentioned was not featured on Shark Tank, they just seem to share the same name. The one that was on Shark Tank is out of South Carolina, here’s their website where they mention that they were featured on the show: https://www.ilovedaisycakes.com/index.php

Posted February 1, 2013

Ohhh, okay. Thanks for letting me know!

15. Posted February 1, 2013

oooh i love loft – so fun you got to work with them. i haven’t been into the store in awhile and they always have such good stuff – i’ll have to stop in soon!
    jackiejade.blogspot.com

16. Posted February 1, 2013

I love the outfit you wore to the event, I wouldn’t have thought to pair the lace top with the polkadots, but it totally works!

Kristina

Kristina does the Internets

17. Posted February 1, 2013

Your style is amazing, I love it, you and your blog. If only I was as knacky as you!

18. Posted February 1, 2013

LOFT is one of my favorite stores! SO glad they have a petites section. I have that polka dot tank! 🙂

19. Posted February 1, 2013

Loving both these outfits, my two favorite store right now are Old Navy and Gap and these outfits fit right into that niche! Thanks for the great ideas 🙂

Julie xox

20. Lily says
    Posted February 2, 2013

I love you outfit. Actually, I love all of your outfits. You always look so pretty!

21. Laurie says
    Posted February 2, 2013

This comment has been removed by the author.

22. Laurie says
    Posted February 2, 2013

This comment has been removed by the author.

23. Jayda says
    Posted February 2, 2013

Those mint jeans are just the best. Love all of your picks though. Looks like it was a fun event!

24. Posted February 2, 2013

You put together some great outfits! Already browsed online for some of the great pieces! Wished I lived closer so I could have attended the event. But thank you so much for sharing the great post!

25. Posted February 2, 2013

Kate, what color are your bedroom walls?!

26. Jenn D says
    Posted February 3, 2013

I feel like you need to know how wonderful you look in skinny jeans! I typically would just post about the awesome color and fit, but I know you recently posted about your flare and bootcut style and you need to know that skinnies look great on you too!
    Jenn
    With Luck

27. Posted February 3, 2013

I love your blog. I really do! Just love!

28. BeckiLG says
    Posted February 3, 2013

Where is that yellow tablecloth from? I LOVE it!

29. Posted February 4, 2013

Amazing collection with full affect filled with color and textures.
    Thanks for sharing such beautiful designs with us.

Women Fashion Clothing

30. Posted February 4, 2013

Thanks for the invite! It was a great time. I literally think everyone woman walked out with a pair of mint jeans. They were all over the dressing room! Thanks again!
    my morning coffee

31. Posted February 5, 2013

Where did you get the small cute chalk boards? I have been looking for some.

32. Posted February 5, 2013

I LOVED that skirt (your pick #12) when I tried it on on Saturday in the Buffalo, NY store. Looking forward to the one opening soon in Canada near my house and will DEFINITELY be buying it because I feel like a million bucks in it!

TheSpunkySapphire.wordpress.com

33. Posted February 6, 2013

where do you get those cute mini chalkboards? I’m getting married next year and need to get some!

34. Posted March 7, 2013

Wow!! What a great writing, really I appreciate such kind of topics. It will be very helpful for us. Waiting for more articles, blogs like this.

online florist

35. Posted May 26, 2013

I’ve joined your LOFT shopping event recap site and look forward to seeking more of your wonderful Loft.beauty online stores and makeup online stores

36. Phazer says
    Posted June 10, 2013

This post appears to recieve a good ammount of visitors. How do you advertise it? It offers a nice individual twist on things. I guess having something authentic or substantial to give info on is the most important thing.
    banquet halls in la

37. Posted June 11, 2013

Excellent beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your the small things blog web site, how could i subscribe for a blog web site?please click here lace wigs canada

38. Posted June 24, 2013

I really enjoyed this site. This is such a Great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. It gives in depth information. Thanks for this valuable information.
    flower delivery

39. Posted July 16, 2013

Hi blogger

Firstly, I should to thanks to you for your unique blog. It is rare to find unique content nowadays but you already have made. I also like to view Welcome to Rugstar.com.au, Australia’s favorite online rug buying groceries in Australia: we get direct deals from the producer to you! We sell an implausible range of Australian favorite floor rugs, carpet rug, by way of shopping on-line you’ll keep on shaggy, modern, wool, traditional and lots of different rug designs.

40. Posted August 30, 2013

Jabong provide good quality of products. Jabong .com caters to the latest fashion, Accessories, Bags, Clothing, Sports, Home & living.it is achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction. Jabong.com shall introduce various offers, sales or contest at different times.

Jabong

41. Posted November 7, 2013

This comment has been removed by the author.

42. Posted November 17, 2013

Awesome post: ” LOFT shopping event recap “. Very informative one. Regards,
    Send DHL online

43. Posted February 14, 2014

Awesome, so thankful to pay attention to that you were came coming back & that you are still going to be online shopping. We shouldn’t let 1 bad experience put us off all together 🙂

44. Posted March 18, 2014

I start developing a fear of heights when I climb all the way up to those high balconies in some places, where figures down under look like tiny microscopic dots that certainly don’t have any faces. But I like here.
    Wedding venues in Miami