Lavender Love

I was checking out the new arrivals at Kate Spade and my eye was drawn to this look. I liked the simplicity of the color palette and the texture in the skirt was interesting too.

I used it as inspiration for pulling together a sorta/kinda/it’s a stretch/similar outfit from items I already own.

I threw tights on too because, well, it’s still winter folks. And my legs are telling the story.

skirt: Francescas
top: J.Crew, similar
shoes: similar <–closest I’ve ever found to the ones I wear!

The only jewelry I accessorized with are these posts from Loft

They are the kind of earrings that make you want to pull your hair behind your ears.
Where do you look for outfit inspiration (other than Pinterest, of course)?

Comments

I love that you and your sister both mentioned Kate Spade today! Too funny! I love looking around to different bloggers who have a similar style (and budget). Polyvore is also a great sight to look through all the inspiration boards!

They should bring back the show on E (or whatever channel) “The Look for Less” and have you be the new host. Of course then you’d have to move and wouldn’t be able to save me from my hair…

I have a pair of shoes that are similar to yours. I noticed there is a small gap between your heel and the shoe. Is there a way you keep your heels from slipping out? Mine come out all the time while walking.

Kate, I know its winter right now and most of the time you wear tights, but do you wear liner socks in your wedges at all when it gets warmer? I have several cute flats that I’ve tried every brand under the sun of no show socks, but you can still see them on the sides of my flats or they are cut too high in front and show. If so what brand do you like? Thanks!

For the best inspirations, I visit three blogs.

You.
    Your sister>> frommygreydeskblog.com
    and Olivia Howard’s fashion blog>> freshmodesty.blogspot.com

Kate,
    I absolutely love this skirt! It has texture without being too heavy/bulky. Also, I am obsessed with the lipstick color.
    I find inspiration for my outfits from my sister and friends! When I am shopping or picking out outfits, I am sometimes drawn to pieces that I wouldn’t normally be drawn to, because it looks like something my sister would pick.

As usual, your hair looks fabulous! (so jealous!)

Audrey

Love your blog and your sisters’ as well – totally has me wishing I had a sister to share clothes, beauty tips, makeup, etc with!

I love that you both put where you got your outfit pieces from – I’m thinking you both should also put the nail polish color you are wearing as well since I always see tons of questions about it in the comment section of your blog as well as Lauren’s. Just a suggestion!

Cute outfit!

I always look at the Jcrew catalog lots of times over for inspiration. I would love it if I could just go to the store and buy all the outfits pre done but it’s just not going to happen. It is a great place for inspiration though!

Your outfits are inspiring too! Keep it up!

Ashley Rane Sparks

Kate, Question. I think the shoes you are wearing are from Target? I have some just like it but can’t seem to keep them on my feet without slipping! Especially with the tights. Do you wear some sort of grip inserts?

Kate, I am so excited I just had to tell you–I’ve been dreaming about those earrings ever since this post (and the pics of your beautiful chignon!)… Hubby wanted me to wait cause it wasn’t “in the budget” (loving submissive sigh…) ;) and then what do you know–I got a birthday postcard from the Loft! Yay!! How did they know?!? Well this morning I checked online to find them at a nearby store, and saw that they were ON SALE!! $19.99 plus 30% off at checkout… My nearest Loft had ONE pair left (hiding!), so I packed my little girl in the car and we were off. With the sale combined with the $15 birthday gift, I walked away with them FREE!!! They went straight into my ears and I’ve been smiling ever since. What a sweet little reminder from the Lord that He knows our hearts (even our silly desires) and blesses our patience. :)

Australian Swingers Contacts is the number 1 swinging resource for Australian Swingers in Australia! Here you can meet, chat, find friends and like minded couples or singles for partner/wife swapping fun. We have been growing fast in the Cities, why not have a look at some of the latest members in these cities Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Townsville, Cairns, Adelaide, Gold Coast, Newcastle, Wollongong, Sunshine Coast, Hobart Geelong.
    Join Now Here: http://australianswingerscontacts.com/

Australian S! Here you can meet, chat, find friends and like minded couples or singles for partner/wife swapping fun. We have been growing fast in the Cities, why not have a look at some of the latest members in these cities Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Townsville, Cairns, Adelaide, Gold Coast, Newcastle, Wollongong, Sunshine Coast, Hobart Geelong.wingers Contacts is the number 1 swinging resource for Australian Swingers in Australia Join Now Here: http://australianswingerscontacts.com/

Fassion Fruit
    We are a mixture of people, coming from all the places of the world with one goal in our mind. To bring fashion masterpieces to the women of Australia. Ideally, we would like to expand to the rest of the world and create an outstanding company connecting all the females that enjoy enriching their routines with fascinating clothing.
    You can buy from here Accessories, Dresses, Jackets, Jumpsuit, New Arrivals, Offer of the Week, Pants, Sales, Shirts, Shorts, Skirts…… http://www.fassion-fruit.com.au/