dots and stripes

Sweater : J.Crew Factory
Skirt : Old Navy
Scarf : Boden via a friend (similar)
Boots : Loft
Jacket : Calvin Klein via TJ Maxx

This was one of those outfits that I put together in my head, but I wasn’t sure how it would look in real life. Brown + purple + black + grey? When I describe it that way, it sounds like I’m wearing a bruise.

I happened to wear this to my dentist appointment a few weeks ago–so now it is considered my “lucky outfit”. The lucky bruise outfit.

1. Kendra says
    Posted February 20, 2013

You so pretty 🙂 I know you are wearing boots and tights but something about this just screams, “Don’t worry! Spring is on the way!” Love it!

2. Posted February 20, 2013

LOVE this outfit, Kate! I would have never thought to put all these colors together, but it looks awesome! Thanks for the inspiration! 🙂

3. Posted February 20, 2013

You are so photogenic! And beautiful! Thanks for all the tips! (Now if you could just give me some on “being photogenic”! Is there an art to that?)

Posted February 20, 2013

Many many many years of practice. MANY MANY photos (like usually 50-75 per shoot). You’re likely to come across a decent one. 🙂

4. Posted February 20, 2013

Went shopping at the Loft with my little girl and had picked out a blue horizontal striped cardigan to try on. She (at 3 and a HALF…half important!) grabbed a blue cami with aqua dots and wanted me to wear it with the cardigan. Hmmmm…only because you chose it. SO CUTE! I think I have a fashionista on my hands. 🙂

haha, thats so cute!

5. Posted February 20, 2013

adorable!

6. Emma B. says
    Posted February 20, 2013

I would never have paired all of this together, but you pull it off so well – as usual! Funny how you and your sister sometimes have uncoordinated similar posts – you were both thinking stripes this morning!

Posted February 20, 2013

I know, we are always shocked by that!

7. Emilie says
    Posted February 20, 2013

At first glance, I thought the scarf was lavender. I absolutely love the scarf sweater combo.

Posted February 20, 2013

It’s actually a pretty light lavender/grey 🙂

8. Carly says
    Posted February 20, 2013

I’ve been eyeing that skirt for awhile now, it’s adorable on you!

Carly

9. Posted February 20, 2013

I am confused by the links. The scarf link goes to a JCrew sweater and the skirt link goes to a previous post. Is that right?

10. Posted February 20, 2013

If only you could come to my house every morning and style me! You have such a knack for this! Gorgeous!

11. Rose says
    Posted February 20, 2013

Love it! The colors go perfectly together.

12. Amy says
    Posted February 20, 2013

gorgeous Kate, stripes and polka dots! whats not to love!!?!?!
    Coffee Beans and Bobby Pins

13. Posted February 20, 2013

LOL, a bruise!

Too funny!

I LOVE THIS OUTFIT!
    The purple is radiant on you 😉

14. Posted February 20, 2013

I love the jacket! Super cute.

15. Posted February 20, 2013

You look like Emma Stone in the first picture. 🙂

thanks! 🙂

16. Posted February 20, 2013

hahahah, love it, bruise outfit 🙂
    pretty bruise!

xo – heather
    This Life Is Yours Blog

17. Posted February 20, 2013

absolutely love

18. Krista says
    Posted February 20, 2013

That’s one beautiful bruise 😉 Looks great!

Posted February 20, 2013

hahaha! First time that sentance has ever been uttered. . . !

19. Posted February 20, 2013

I LOVE that outfit. Especially the jacket and skirt. So cute!

20. Posted February 20, 2013

love this! this has a similar look to the outfit I have on my blog today! xo

21. Posted February 20, 2013

Love that skirt! Target had dresses in those same patterns last summer. I picked up two!

22. Posted February 20, 2013

I love that outfit!

23. Posted February 20, 2013

So cute!! LOVE it!

24. Posted February 20, 2013

The Jacket is gorgeous!!!!

25. kristi says
    Posted February 20, 2013

I just ordered this skirt. Thanks!

26. Posted February 20, 2013

I saw that skirt in the store but somehow didn’t manage to try it on. It looks so cute on you, I may have to go back 😉

Kristina

Kristina does the Internets

27. Posted February 20, 2013

This is such a beautiful blog, i wish there are more blog like this, you did a good job. I look forward to see you on my blog at callyourescort.blogspot.in Escort Barcelona or may be one in Escort Madrid ,

28. Posted February 20, 2013

My BFF and I both follow your blog. One of these days she is going to call me out on being a copy cat of your style! LOL Today might be that day! I am wearing that purple sweater with the orange ruffle top. I would have never thought to put those two together, so THANK YOU for sharing!

29. Posted February 20, 2013

The bruise made me laugh! You look fabulous! : )

Kayla

30. Emily H says
    Posted February 20, 2013

I love the jacket. This is a great outfit!

31. Posted February 20, 2013

I really love the jacket. You always look amazing! I found the blog hop from Naptime review. I have not had a chance to stop by your blog lately because I have been working on changing my blog theme/design. Please check out my new blog theme and let me know what you think. Blessings to you! Diane http://www.recipesforourdailybread.com/

32. Posted February 20, 2013

kate i absolutely LOVE this outfit. seriously. one of my faves.

33. Lexi says
    Posted February 20, 2013

You and your sister wore such matching-matching looking skirts!ha ha

34. Kacie says
  35. Posted February 20, 2013

I’m always nervous to mix and match black and brown… Of course YOU can pull it off. Adorable!

36. Posted February 21, 2013

I think you look great in purple! And i really really like this striped skirt!

37. Cari says
    Posted February 21, 2013

I have been “stalking” your blog for a while now but this is my first time to comment. I forget how important it is to comment on blogs 🙂 Over the last couple of nights I watched several of your hair tutorials and they are great! Thanks for sharing your secrets. I regret not following my dream to go to cosmetology school and choosing the medical field instead. Love the outfit! Your adorable!

38. Posted February 21, 2013

I love the combination of the colors! Would never have thought to do it, but it looks great!

fashionmeetsfunction.blog.com

39. Posted February 21, 2013

Obsessed with your boots! They are seriously amazing!

Rachel’s Lookbook

40. Posted February 21, 2013

Love how rich that color of purple is! Looks great on you!

41. Shasta says
    Posted February 21, 2013

I would have never thought to put this together, it looks wonderful on you!

42. SH says
    Posted February 24, 2013

Love the colours – and the scarf!

Hope you had a great weekend!

-Sheree