raspberry love

I’ve acquired a deep love for all things raspberry. It’s a perfect “not pink, but kind of pink” color for winter. While I’d love to wear red lips and a-line dresses everyday (I was made for the 50’s), raspberry has been the perfect modern alternative to a classic.
Last summer I had the opportunity to design a nail polish color for Zoya through Birchbox. I created a mood board full of rich corals and pinks, and Zoya created the little beauty shown below.
I have no idea where any of the items pictured are from. If you know, let me know in the comments.

It’s also named “Kate”.
You can buy a trio of polishes (including Kate) here.
My go-to nail polish this winter is Miami Beet by OPI. I layered 1 coat of Kate on top of 2 coats of Miami Beet and was left with a brighter, punchier raspberry color. You should try it.
The Zoya polish is made to be layered in that it’s more of a gelly formula instead of a highly pigmented shade like Miami Beet. It is not gel nail polish, it’s just thinner and slightly more translucent than other polishes.

Even more raspberry love:
1. Embrace the pale face this winter and add a bright blush.
2. Benetint is the perfect solution for lip color on date night! It’s not as heavy as lipstick, but will give you a great flush of color.
3. I love the consistancy of Sugar lip balm. It’s creamy and moisutizing without being waxy.
4. For a more vibrant raspberry gloss, try Korres Lip Butter Glaze.
5. Miami Beet is the perfect deep raspberry shade.
6. Nothing smells quite as delicious as Philosophy shower gels

1. Hailey says
    Posted January 17, 2013

Thats one of my favorite lip colors! I love Tarte and that BeneTint is amazing as well!
    Hailey @ Love, Laughter and Lipstick

2. Posted January 17, 2013
  3. Alissa says
    Posted January 17, 2013

I love Philosophy’s raspberry color, it looks so good on so many people!

4. Posted January 17, 2013

I love Sugar balm but I hate that it melts so easily. Do not put it in your pocket ladies!

Jenna

good tip!

5. Posted January 17, 2013

My fave raspberry-y lipstick is Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (that you featured a few months back) in Raspberry Pie. Feels SOOO good, and looks even better!

6. Posted January 17, 2013

I love Zoya nail polish! I actually have Kate, and love it.
    xo, Maria

7. Posted January 17, 2013

Gorgeous lipcolor. It looks great on you. How cool that you have a nailpolish named after you!

8. Posted January 17, 2013

I’ve always loved Philosophy lip products!

Sarah

9. Deva says
    Posted January 17, 2013

I love sugar lip balm! It was the Sephora birthday gift last year and was and IS awesome.

10. Posted January 17, 2013

if you can find it (i got mine this week on target clearance so hurry!) but l’oreal le gloss in “the queen’s shine” is great. looks dark purple in the tube but it is a stain/gloss in a bright raspberry!

11. Posted January 17, 2013

great picks! I’m going to keep my eye out for Miami Beet & that tarte looks awesome on you. I never wear lipstick but I do love the Sugar lip balms. & i love Benetint.

12. Posted January 17, 2013

Beautiful color!!

13. Posted January 17, 2013

I just discovered Sugar lip balm with my bday gift from Sephora this year and I love it!! Interested to try one of the other colors when my samples run out! 🙂

14. Jenn D says
    Posted January 17, 2013

Raspberry is one of my favorite colors. I don’t think I’m bold enough to go for the full on lip color, but maybe the bene tint would be a nice upgrade!
    Jenn
    With Luck

15. Sarah says

Love those colors!

16. amanda says
    Posted January 17, 2013

How do you get your nail polish to last so long? Mine chips in a few days. I am trying to get it to extend to a week.

17. Posted January 17, 2013

Love the nail polish. Def trying this color out for my next mani and pedi. 😀

18. Rebecca says
    Posted January 17, 2013

Yes to all the things! I will definitely be trying that nail color combo. I have another OPI color that’s similar.

Revlon’s lip butter in Raspberry something-something is really great, too.

19. SH says
    Posted January 17, 2013

I think I have those exact nail polishes, or at least very similar shades. I’ve never even thought to layer them! Great idea 🙂

Sheree
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

20. Posted January 17, 2013

One of my favorite raspberry polishes is Zoya Blaze from the Ornate collection – it’s a perfect raspberry red with a scattered holo!

21. Posted January 17, 2013

Beautiful color!

Emily Beth

22. Kristin says
    Posted January 17, 2013

Did you know there is a show on now (I think on TLC) that is about women who live like it’s the 50’s? It looks interesting. You should watch : )

Posted January 17, 2013

Oh my, that does sound interesting. I’ll have to check it out!

• Kristin says

I guess it was just one episode : (
      It was called “Wives with Beehives”. Nice name huh? Ha ha.

23. Heather says
    Posted January 17, 2013

The trio of nail polishes (the one that includes yours) is going on my birthday wish list!

24. Posted January 17, 2013

wow love the lipstick!!
    kisses from Milan

25. ....... says
    Posted January 17, 2013

I too am loving all things berry colored. that is so cool that you designed a polish I had no idea. will have to check that out. had never heard of miami beet either! thanks! xx. gigi. food and beauty blogger @ http://www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

26. Posted January 17, 2013

That lip colour is bold, but looks so pretty for winter! I love raspberry everything too – flavour, smell, colour – I’ll take it all!

27. Shannon says
    Posted January 17, 2013

I love it too! Beautiful lips.

28. sandie says
    Posted January 17, 2013

i got the blogger collection from zoya when it came out! LOVE it! i’m totally going to try it over a raspberry shade, i hadn’t even thought of that! i often times do a “jelly sandwich” with them over a glitter tho…it looks like hard candy 🙂

29. Posted January 17, 2013

Love the lipstick! Looks like a great winter lip color!

xo
    Caroline

30. Posted January 17, 2013

Love the Zoya collection! Just placed an order & it’s on the way!,!

M.

I hope you enjoy it!

31. Posted January 17, 2013

I love Miami Beet. I’ll need to order some Kate to layer with it 🙂

Molly from littlebittyprettylife.blogspot.com

32. Laura says
    Posted January 17, 2013

That color of lipstick looks so awesome on you. I’m jealous! I feel like I’m so pale that nothing except light colors look good on me. I also have the Kate polish and love it!

–Laura

33. Posted January 17, 2013

I got Miami Beet for Christmas and am loving it also! Great post!:)

34. Posted January 17, 2013

So cool that you have your own nail polish!!

Kristina

Kristina does the Internets

35. ajl2870 says
    Posted January 18, 2013

I can definitely relate to wanting to have been born in the 50’s! I subscribed to Birchbox after a co-worker showed me your blog. I have been a follower ever since! I bought the nail polish collection, and I love how versatile it is. Layering is so great! I might just have to buy Miami Beet!

Audrey

36. Posted January 18, 2013

Kate, the coral/berry covered headboard in back is from Caitlin Wilson. She is one of my favorite designers. You can shop her textiles here – http://caitlinwilsontextiles.com/

37. Posted January 18, 2013

Do you think that gorg raspberry color would look good on someone who is say Salma haters skin color?

38. Posted January 18, 2013

39. Posted January 18, 2013

I love the ’50’s too! I was disappointed when I finally started watching Mad Men because people told me it was set it the 50’s, when in actuality it is the ’60’s. Well, I love ’50’s fashion, let’s clarify. I don’t ‘keep house’ in a way my ’50’s housewife grandmother would ever approve of. ANYWAY…love the lips. I just need to spend a little extra time exfoliating and moisturizing mine (The NE is so DRY in the winter), so that it doesn’t get scary.

40. Posted January 18, 2013

I absolutely adore Miami Beet, after seeing your post I picked up a bottle and it is so beautiful on the nail.

41. Posted January 20, 2013

I tried this today and got complimented by the male at the Italian ice parlor. 🙂

42. Posted January 26, 2013

Kate! Just got my Zoya trio kit…LOVE LOVE LOVE the Kate color. Great job! The other two are nice too, but you nailed the perfect “cheer me up” color. This is my first time using Zoya brand. I’m so glad to have found…thank you!

43. Posted April 17, 2014

This innovative engineering units have elected the item possible to test buying glasses online and select the the one which accommodates see your face the most beneficial.