fondue for you

I’m not sure if there is any other dessert that gives off the “friends gathered around a campfire enjoying food and conversation”, like fondue. I suppose the only other dessert would be s’mores because, well, you gather around a campfire and enjoy friends and conversation when you make s’mores.

Unless you make those suckers in the microwave. And if you haven’t microwaved a marshmallow yet, you should. Just keep and eye on it. You’ll know what I mean later.

My mom made this fondue a year or so ago, and it became one of Justin’s favorite desserts. It’s mine too, of course, but I like almost any dessert. Justin is a little bit pickier with his sweet tooth.

It really can be considered a “pantry” dessert, since you probably have all the items for the fondue already. All you need to buy are some “dippin’s”.

Chocolate Fondue

1 stick of butter
6 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup vanilla ice cream ( I prefer Breyers Homemade Vanilla)

Melt butter in a saucepan over low/medium heat. Add chocolate chips and sugar, and simmer until chips are melted and the sugar has broken down a bit (just a few minutes). Add vanilla and ice cream. Stir until well combined and warmed through.

You can also add some “mix in’s” like crushed oreo or almonds.

Serve in a bowl with sides like bananas, strawberries, cream puffs, cookies, wafers, pound cake squares, kiwi, pineapple, and basically any other thing that goes with chocolate.

Enjoy!

1. Posted January 24, 2013

Oh that sounds super yummy! Believe it or not in my 37+ years of life I’ve never had fondue. It’s now on my list! 🙂

2. Posted January 24, 2013

i never would have thought to put ice cream in a fondue…how cool! and in my world, anything goes with chocolate so this could get interesting!!! happy thursday!!!

Posted January 24, 2013

Me neither. It’s pretty groundbreaking. And delicious!

3. Posted January 24, 2013

Yummy!!!

Oh, on the s’mores comment.
    When I was little my Daddy and I would put the marshmallows on a fork and use a lighter as the fire. He liked his burnt so that’s how I have always ate mine. I haven’t done that in maybe 10+ years.

This fondue sounds great. My husband will definitely appreciate this.

• Posted January 25, 2013

Bath and bodyworks three wick candles make great inhome s’mores fires!

Jenna

4. Posted January 24, 2013

mmmmm LOVE fondue! it’s such a fun experience with friends! xo

5. Posted January 24, 2013

OMG…you’ve given me inspiration for my Friday night girls night!!! x

6. Haley says
    Posted January 24, 2013

Where did you find that amazing little fondue bowl!?

7. Sarah says
    Posted January 24, 2013

That looks good, but s’mores are my fave!

8. Posted January 24, 2013

Hi Kate! There’s also a product line called Velata that is a whole fondue line of different chocolates, fondue dishes, etc. I don’t sell it but I’ve bought it and it’s so easy and delicious!

9. Posted January 24, 2013

Thanks for the recipe! We received a fondue set years ago as a wedding gift but we’ve never used it! I feel inspired now… but the way, you have the {CUTEST} little fondue bowl ever!

Molly from littlebittyprettylife.blogspot.com

10. Posted January 24, 2013

Microwave marshmallows…. Yum!!

11. Posted January 24, 2013

This looks so good! And I LOVE your fondue bowl!!

Lauren @ My Polished Side Blog

12. Posted January 24, 2013

Another great thing to stir into the chocolate is chunky peanut butter. It goes SO GREAT with fruit dippers!

13. Ericka says
    Posted January 24, 2013

We got a fondue kit for Christmas that we haven’t used yet, and this post makes me want to use it ASAP 🙂

14. Amy says
    Posted January 24, 2013

love fondue and what an adorable little set! You *(and your sis) have the cutest little kitchen things!

15. SH says
    Posted January 24, 2013

I never would have thought to add ice cream! That’s fantastic.

Sheree
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

16. Posted January 24, 2013

Love the fondue idea, definintly going to have to try this.
    Thanks for the recipe!

xo
    Caroline

17. Posted January 24, 2013

Wow! I actually got that fondu maker when I got married, oh 5.5 years ago…I think we’ve used it maybe twice! This is such a great idea! My kids often look for “treats” this would be perfect! Use fruit and it kicks up the healthiness!

Myroseamongthorns.blogspot.com

18. Posted January 24, 2013

WOW! This looks so good! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I had no clue about adding the vanilla ice cream!

Enjoy your day!

♥ Talia @ http://rubytiaradiaries.blogspot.com/

19. ....... says
    Posted January 24, 2013

I want that little adorable fondue pot but I don’t know where you got it. its the perfect winter weekend treat. thanks for the idea and yummy recipe! xx. gigi. food and beauty blogger @ http://www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

20. Posted January 24, 2013

I was really surprised at the ingredients in this. Sounds delicious! Might have to try it during the Oscar party my roommates and I are having in February! Thanks for the recipe 🙂

Erika

21. Posted January 24, 2013

We have fondue every Valentine’s Day. Typically we’ve always made a Melting Pot knock off recipe {found online} but I think I’ll have to give this one a whirl this year! I love the ice cream touch!

22. Posted January 25, 2013

Fondue is always the perfect dessert. It seems like every time we have it everyone has fun and really enjoys it. In other words, it brings everyone together. I love it! Blessings, Diane Roark http://www.recipesforourdailybread.com

23. Posted January 25, 2013

Looks super yummy!

xoxo
    Mags

24. Posted February 15, 2013

Just finished eating fondue {made using this recipe} for Valentine’s day with my hubby and son. They said it was delicious! I will NEVER buy those expensive fondue “chips” again! 😉

25. Posted April 17, 2014

This innovative engineering units have elected the item possible to test buying glasses online and select the the one which accommodates see your face the most beneficial.