Yesterday was a great day of skiing. Justin and I hit some great runs in the morning and the rest of the family (other than my mom and brother) joined us in the afternoon. My mom is planning on skiing tomorrow as she has finally kicked her sickness!
My brother left to spend a few days in Denver with some friends, so it was just a quick trip for him.
Day 3 : [Ski Trip] Top 5 Moments!
1. I purchased some mittens so my hand-warmers would actually be able to warm my fingers instead of my palms. It was one of the best decisions of my life.
2. We got in some great tree skiing this afternoon!
3. We made it to one of the highest runs in Telluride called “See Forever”, where you can literally see for miles and miles. It’s absolutely stunning. I felt so small on top of the huge, huge mountains. The views were outstanding.
4. My family sat around the dinner table 2 hours after we all finished eating just talking. It was really nice.
5. During dinner clean up, a biscuit food fight began and migrated to my sisters’ bedroom. Evidence here. We’re young at heart.
We’ve got two more days of skiing ahead! We’re planning on snowboarding again on the last day–and that was strategically chosen because if any injuries occur, it will be at the end of the trip. Although we hope it’s nothing more than a few bruises!
The ski trip has fallen on this last week of 2012, so I haven’t had as much time as I would have liked to really reflect on this year and process my thoughts. I’ve got some new ideas for 2013, and I’m hoping to share them with you next week!