Holiday Hair Tutorial : Swept to the Side

I absolutely love this hair tutorial. It’s perfect for any holiday parties or occasions that you are attending this season, without being overdone. If you like not worrying about your hair when you are out, but you aren’t a huge fan of updo’s, this is a great alternative for you. Your hair will be off of your face, but swept over your shoulder!
The headband I used in this tutorial can be found here

swept to side

turtleneck : very old Banana Republic (similar)
blue skirt: J.Crew Factory
black wedges : Nine West via TJ Maxx
headband : Elle via Ulta

Comments

I love your hair tutorials and I tried a few of them and they looked great.this is a very pretty hairstyle and I an definitely going to try it.you look beautiful.

Love this…was going to try it this morning as a rainy day hairstyle, but I need a headband. So I did the softly swept side-do from aways back instead. Looking good today, pulled together despite no shampoo! Thank you!

This is a great tutorial. If you want a laugh, turn off the sound and turn on the automatic closed captioning. It gets more words wrong than right :)

This is so pretty! It’s a great modern take on the french twist. I’ve actually been wondering how to do a real french twist, too. Can you do a tutorial showing that? Also, what do you use to film your tutorials?

xoxo
    Emily
    emilyannestyle.com

Beautiful hair tutorial! Hope to try it on my naturally wavy hair. I also chuckled at the part about it falling down and making a recovery with one of your other hair tutes….LOL :)

Your hair always looks fabulous but it also looks like its already been done in these tutorials before you even get started. Do you do your hair every day to make it have the textured loose waves? What does your hair look like without putting any product or any heat styling to it?

7. Anonymous says

Gorgeous! Love it, only wished that my hair was a bit longer, its right at my shoulders now (finally). I hope that your hubby took you out that day, you look pretty as usual :)

Very pretty! I recently cut about 5 inches off my hair (it needed it), and now it’s about your length. Before my hair was a little too long for some of your tutorials, but now it’s perfect! I’m in hair love again, thanks to you!

9. Anonymous says

I have thicker hair and I simply pullers part of it into a small ponytail then wrapped and pinned the pieces of hair for the same effect. It looked identical to your style but held up all day without tons of bobby pins! I LOVE all your tutorials but I have to adjust with the length & texture of my hair:)
    -Rebecca

Love this one! I love wearing fancy headbands but get tired of just sticking it in with my hair down. I have tried some of your other styles but have a hard time getting bobby pins to stay in my hair. Not sure if my hair is too thick or what. Any suggestions???

I soooo wish that my hair would hold curls like yours. Mine will just look flat in a couple of hours no matter how much hairspray I put in it.

Love your blog by the way!

12. Anonymous says

Hi beautiful girl,

Thank you so much for your tutorials.I’m trying a new updo everyday!!My hair looks a lot like yours, only a bit shorter.

Oh and by the way, in 2 weeks I’ll be 70 LOL

Hi, Greetings from Finland!

I’ve found your blog through Internet and read it almost every day. I absolutely love your hairtutorials, and we have these so called “beautynights” with my friends, when we try these to each other. So far this is my ultimate favorite style and I definately going to wear this at New Years party.. Thanks!

I only discovered your blog last week but I’m addicted! I particularly love your hair tutorials as I could never figure out how to change up my naturally curly shoulder length hair! I’ve just followed this one and am now heading out for some Christmas eve festivities feeling very glam- thank you! Xx

Podolgo vreme One imaat odlichna pondua. Verojatno najdobar odnos kvalitet/cena. Ama ova so cena za vospostavuvanje povik im e najglupo neshto shto go napravile. Sami si se vrakjaat od percepcija na operator koj raboti bez skrieni troshoci (i reklami imaa so koja gi trolaa T-Mobile i Vip) vo standarden operator. Tapa poteg.

Thank you Annie, we have sent the package to you aeadrly, if you have any question with the package terms, please feel free to raise. We will be happy to explain further. Cheers~