Holiday Hair Tutorial : Swept to the Side

I absolutely love this hair tutorial. It’s perfect for any holiday parties or occasions that you are attending this season, without being overdone. If you like not worrying about your hair when you are out, but you aren’t a huge fan of updo’s, this is a great alternative for you. Your hair will be off of your face, but swept over your shoulder!
The headband I used in this tutorial can be found here

swept to side

turtleneck : very old Banana Republic (similar)
blue skirt: J.Crew Factory
black wedges : Nine West via TJ Maxx
headband : Elle via Ulta

1. maria says
    Posted December 3, 2012

I love your hair tutorials and I tried a few of them and they looked great.this is a very pretty hairstyle and I an definitely going to try it.you look beautiful.

2. Posted December 3, 2012

Where did you get those awesome earrings? Love the hair too!
    [email protected]

Posted December 3, 2012

Elisabeth Ashlie Jewelry (mine and my sister’s Etsy shop!) You can always find where things are from at the end of the post! 🙂

• Anonymous says
      Posted December 3, 2012

are they available now? what’s the name of them

• Posted December 3, 2012

I’ve looked for those specific earrings in your shop before (from a previous post you’ve worn them in), and can’t find them.
      Are you and sister planning on making more of that specific style?

3. Lauren says
    Posted December 3, 2012

What a gorgeous hairstyle! I love the little touch of sparkle from the headband. I’m definitely holding onto this tutorial. 🙂

Fizz and Frosting

4. Posted December 3, 2012

perfect!
    i have a holiday party tomorrow night and need a fancy ‘do 🙂

xo – heather

5. Anonymous says
    Posted December 3, 2012

What color is your lipstick? It is very pretty on you!

6. Shelby says
    Posted December 3, 2012

I second the lipstick question! 🙂

7. Posted December 3, 2012

Absolutely stunning hairstyle!

8. Posted December 3, 2012

I feel like no matter what I do, I can never get my hair to have that textured look that yours has. HELP.!

• JANNA says
      Posted December 3, 2012

I have the same issue! So, yes, please help!!!

Posted December 3, 2012

more product! spray dry shampoo all over!

9. Posted December 3, 2012

Love this…was going to try it this morning as a rainy day hairstyle, but I need a headband. So I did the softly swept side-do from aways back instead. Looking good today, pulled together despite no shampoo! Thank you!

10. Posted December 3, 2012

this is gorgeous, kate!! i absolutely LOVE this look!! i wonder if i can do it on my new short hair? i might just play around with this tonight!!

11. Posted December 3, 2012

Kate – I think this might be my favourite look of yours, ever! you look beautiful 🙂

12. Emily says
    Posted December 3, 2012

This is a great tutorial. If you want a laugh, turn off the sound and turn on the automatic closed captioning. It gets more words wrong than right 🙂

13. Lauren says

beauty queen!

14. Posted December 3, 2012

Love the hairstyle. Even though I have thick hair I am going to give it a try

15. Anonymous says

Love it!!
    Miryam

16. Jamie F says
    Posted December 3, 2012

I love this hair style. I have a quetion for you.
    If you don’t mind me asking how many days between do you wash your hair?
    The texture of your hair looks great. Sometimes mine is to soft. Can you help?
    Thx,
    Jamie

17. Posted December 3, 2012

I love all of your hairstyles! Your blog is now a part of my daily checks that I do! Keep doing what you do!

18. Emily says
    Posted December 3, 2012

This is so pretty! It’s a great modern take on the french twist. I’ve actually been wondering how to do a real french twist, too. Can you do a tutorial showing that? Also, what do you use to film your tutorials?

xoxo
    Emily
    emilyannestyle.com

19. Posted December 3, 2012

i was hoping you would do this! thanks!

20. Posted December 3, 2012

Beautiful hair tutorial! Hope to try it on my naturally wavy hair. I also chuckled at the part about it falling down and making a recovery with one of your other hair tutes….LOL 🙂

21. Kim says
    Posted December 3, 2012

Lipstick looks stunning on you, but what doesn’t???lol

22. Posted December 3, 2012

Your hair always looks fabulous but it also looks like its already been done in these tutorials before you even get started. Do you do your hair every day to make it have the textured loose waves? What does your hair look like without putting any product or any heat styling to it?

23. SH says
    Posted December 3, 2012

Love the hairstyle – but especially the blingy headband!
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

24. Posted December 3, 2012

I love this look on you! It’s so cute! Do you take the photos yourself with a tripod or does someone take them for you? They always look great 🙂

25. Anonymous says
    Posted December 4, 2012

Love this look, you make the process simple, thank you for that!

26. Posted December 4, 2012

Great look! Perfect for holiday parties. Thanks for including the link for the headband, too! It’s gorgeous!

27. Anonymous says
    Posted December 4, 2012

Gorgeous! Love it, only wished that my hair was a bit longer, its right at my shoulders now (finally). I hope that your hubby took you out that day, you look pretty as usual 🙂

28. Posted December 4, 2012

Very pretty! I recently cut about 5 inches off my hair (it needed it), and now it’s about your length. Before my hair was a little too long for some of your tutorials, but now it’s perfect! I’m in hair love again, thanks to you!

29. Anonymous says
    Posted December 4, 2012

I have thicker hair and I simply pullers part of it into a small ponytail then wrapped and pinned the pieces of hair for the same effect. It looked identical to your style but held up all day without tons of bobby pins! I LOVE all your tutorials but I have to adjust with the length & texture of my hair:)
    -Rebecca

30. Anonymous says
    Posted December 4, 2012

so purty!!

31. Carolyn says
    Posted December 5, 2012

Love this one! I love wearing fancy headbands but get tired of just sticking it in with my hair down. I have tried some of your other styles but have a hard time getting bobby pins to stay in my hair. Not sure if my hair is too thick or what. Any suggestions???

32. Anonymous says
    Posted December 5, 2012

Do you recommend bangs for curly hair?

33. Abigail says
    Posted December 5, 2012

I soooo wish that my hair would hold curls like yours. Mine will just look flat in a couple of hours no matter how much hairspray I put in it.

Love your blog by the way!

34. Posted December 6, 2012

The hairstyle is looking too good and I always love to adopt the new one. It looks so unique and I personally love your head band.

35. Anonymous says
    Posted December 7, 2012

Hi beautiful girl,

Thank you so much for your tutorials.I’m trying a new updo everyday!!My hair looks a lot like yours, only a bit shorter.

Oh and by the way, in 2 weeks I’ll be 70 LOL

36. Kim S. says
    Posted December 15, 2012

What kind of bobby pins do you use? Mine always seem to fall out eventually.

37. Evaink says
    Posted December 21, 2012

Hi, Greetings from Finland!

I’ve found your blog through Internet and read it almost every day. I absolutely love your hairtutorials, and we have these so called “beautynights” with my friends, when we try these to each other. So far this is my ultimate favorite style and I definately going to wear this at New Years party.. Thanks!

38. Posted December 24, 2012

I only discovered your blog last week but I’m addicted! I particularly love your hair tutorials as I could never figure out how to change up my naturally curly shoulder length hair! I’ve just followed this one and am now heading out for some Christmas eve festivities feeling very glam- thank you! Xx

39. Posted February 16, 2013

Eek! I love your hair tutorials! Just getting ready for a party and I think I’m going to be trying this now!

40. Posted December 18, 2013

Amazing pics and hair style…..

41. Israel says
    Posted July 10, 2014

Podolgo vreme One imaat odlichna pondua. Verojatno najdobar odnos kvalitet/cena. Ama ova so cena za vospostavuvanje povik im e najglupo neshto shto go napravile. Sami si se vrakjaat od percepcija na operator koj raboti bez skrieni troshoci (i reklami imaa so koja gi trolaa T-Mobile i Vip) vo standarden operator. Tapa poteg.

42. Vadim says
    Posted July 21, 2014

Thank you Annie, we have sent the package to you aeadrly, if you have any question with the package terms, please feel free to raise. We will be happy to explain further. Cheers~

43. Mary says
    Posted April 9, 2015

Thanks! I’m going to try this for a special event coming up next week.