High Five for Friday!

It’s Friday!

This week has flown by. You know the kind? Where you can’t believe it’s Friday already?

1. The biggest thing that happened this week was the feature on RealSimple.com. If you haven’t already, check out the 3 holiday hair tutorials I created just for Real Simple

2. We are so pleased with how many of you have purchased our eCookbook! We hope you’ve enjoyed the recipes so far! Did you hear we are donating 10% of the profits to Feeding America? So thank you for helping us give back.

3. My client Andrea gave me this beautiful scarf for Christmas. I love it! It’s from Boden, a clothing store that has really cute stuff–similar to J.Crew

4. If you are still Christmas shopping for your girlfriends, be sure to check out my holiday gift guide on the Birchbox blog!

5. Random, but I’ve committed to getting up at 5:00a with my husband to go to the gym. It’s surprising how quickly my body has gotten used to it, and I love having a few extra hours in the morning to blog!

I hope you had a great week! Link up with Lauren with your High Five for Friday post!

1. Miranda says

Hi Kate,
    First – I love your blog. I also follow you on Instagram.
    even though I must say that this is the first time I have seen a post which looks messy but I must say that this one is. Im sorry and I really was surprised. All you post are so beautiful, well organized, fun, inspirational and so on. Except this.. Im sorry to write this but I also feel that even “hard” feedback is something good to have.
    I look forward to you next post with such joy.
    Kind regards miranda

Posted December 14, 2012

Miranda, thanks for taking the time to comment. I’m naturally very messy (see behind me in all of my instagram pics), so I’m actually quite impressed that this is the first “messy” post you’ve noticed. 🙂

• Miranda says
      Posted December 14, 2012

Ohh no you’re not – Perhaps you just clean it up for your photos (??) but normally I think your post are really organized and simple. I LOVE your hair tutorials and I do think that your blog is easy to maneuver around on.
      Your have such a great taste in clothes, style and hair. Please don’t stop with your blogs.
      When all that said – how the f.. do you manage to get up at 5 am?? What time do you go to bed at night? I go to bed at 12 pm (late, to late – I know) and I have a hard time getting up at 6 am. When I get up at 6 am I don’t have the time to work out. Would be lovely to do it then. I have to be out at the door at 7.30 am the latest so I normally work out after work and on the weekends.

2. Miranda says
    Posted December 14, 2012

by the way – I think you have amazing hair and such great post and tutorials on hair and style. I love it !!!
    I dont live in the states but I wish that the belt that you bought (the one that looks like a loop) could be purchased in Denmark where I live. Adorable.

3. Posted December 14, 2012

FIVE am?? good for you girl!
    i need to get my butt in gear…
    just soooooo not a morning person!

tgif – heather

4. Rebecca says
    Posted December 14, 2012

I love Boden! Their catalogs are gorgeous. I keep one out for inspiration.

me. too. 🙂

5. Posted December 14, 2012

Man, I have tried and tried and tried to get myself up early to go the gym. I’m just the crankiest, meanest little lady in the world before 7 in the morning! Good for you for getting into it! 🙂

Congrats again on the Real Simple feature and the cookbook! You deserve it! 🙂

Lynette @ lynette marie

6. Posted December 14, 2012

love that scarf you’re wearing! and good for you getting to the gym that early — I wish I had that motivation! xo

7. Melissa says
    Posted December 14, 2012

Thank you for donating some proceeds from your cookbook! I work for a food bank in Missouri that is a member of Feeding America, and we appreciate anyone does to help eradicate hunger in our country.

8. Posted December 14, 2012

Well done on a great week! And I disagree with the first comment – eclectic post, not messy- It’s a HFFF!! Have a lovely weekend with your lovely man and adorable cats. X

Posted December 14, 2012

thank you! you have a great weekend too!

• Sarah says
      Posted December 18, 2012

I have that scarf too but in blue it’s fabulous for this time of year 🙂 so nice to see you wearing something I can get in the UK as I love your style but we don’t have many of the shops you use here. You’ve been such an inspiration to me in 2012. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year! x

9. Posted December 14, 2012

I have never done a high five for friday on my blog, but I feel like personally giving myself high-five for Friday. My husband worked long hours this week and I am taking care of three little girls! With all of that I find time to do what I love and that is bloglllI did my post at 3am! htttp:://www.fortheloveofpainting.com

High five to you!

10. Anna P says
    Posted December 14, 2012

I have a pair of suede boots from Boden from like five years ago and they are still one of my favorites!

11. LRW says
    Posted December 14, 2012

congrats on the Real Simple feature,your eCookbook and motivation to workout so early(I get up for work at that hour,but have to do my workouts in the evening)! also,what a generous gift your client gave you!Hope the new year brings you many more exciting adventures.

12. Julie says
    Posted December 14, 2012

Don’t listen to that first commenter. I think this post is cute. The fact that people can comment about such stupid things is mind boggling. High five to you for handling it all in stride 🙂

13. Posted December 14, 2012

Congrats on the hair feature! My daughter goes onto pinterest and loves to show her friends the hair styles that I have shown her – all thanks to you! Have a wonderful Holiday & best wishes

14. Posted December 14, 2012

Such a cute scarf! Fun post. 🙂

15. Posted December 14, 2012

Sounds like you’ve had a lot to be excited about this week! Congrats 🙂

16. Posted December 14, 2012
  17. SH says
    Posted December 15, 2012

First of all, you and your mother and sister are beautiful! And good to hear you are giving back with your cookbook. A cookbook would be something I’d love to do with my mother and sister someday! And the scarf is adorable.
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

18. Posted December 16, 2012

You had an awesome week, girl! Congratulations and keep up the good work 🙂

19. Mindy says
    Posted December 17, 2012

congrats on the eBook! glad you had a wonderful week! 🙂

20. Posted December 18, 2012

What are the pants you are wearing in your picture with your new scarf? They look super comfy and you look really slim….maybe I am just thinking if I had the same pants they’d have the same effect on me, except you are actually slim and I’m trying to shed baby weight! I show everyone at work your blog and then try hair styles on them during our down time if we get it! So nice to follow someone who posts on beauty who has a healthy body image, and a woman of Christ! Thanks!