The full wrap around scarf

I never thought the day would come that I would be sharing a step by step for wrapping a scarf around my neck.

But let me explain why this is happening.

There is a method of “fluffing” a scarf to make it look fuller and more stylish than just a simple loop around. So while this step by step may seem elementary, it’s also very advanced and challenging.

I kid.

I really just wanted to show you how I “stretch” out my scarf around my neck since a few of you have commented on wanting a “scarf tutorial”.

shirt: Loft
scarf: J.Crew, similar
jeans: Loft
booties: Target
And now for an animation. . .

Comments

1. Alie says

I do have an off topic question to ask of you –
    If you don’t mind sharing, I am wondering what size did you purchase in the Loft top you are wearing? I like the simplicity of it, but I do not have a Loft nearby to go and try it on for size.

2. Nichole says

It’s the little things that make a difference. Thanks for sharing that simple tip that changed the whole look!

3. Corie says

Found you on Pinterest a while back and added you to my Reader and I have to tell you that you are really entertaining (and totally adorable!)! I mostly subscribe to home decor blogs so a post from you is really refreshing! Thanks for sharing so many interesting tutorials and ideas.

4. Anonymous says

I really appreciate even “elementary” tutorials. I’ve always been kind of a plain-Jane type person and I’m trying to branch out and be more stylish. I love your blog!

5. Lisa vK says

Kate, I love reading your blog and today I’m just cracking up at the humor of the animation. You are too funny!

Love the animation, when I first read this post, I thought I need a video tutorial and I scroll to the bottom and there it is. You’re great and I have a scarf on today to try this out, how convenient!

Love scarves myself. Lovely post & what a gorgeous colour combination on this one. I have a copious scarf collection, lots of silk there. Am planning to open a specialise silk scarf store on Etsy soon…..

I’ve been following you for a while and I wanted to thank you for all of the valuable information you post! I love having guidance with at first trying make-up at all and now trying new make-up, clothes, nail polishes and hair styles. I feel much more confident when I leave my house and go to special events.

I was wondering if you could do a tutorial on how to properly blow dry hair, like with a round brush? I’ve heard it’s kind of difficult and I can’t find a proper tutorial on it.

Thanks again for sharing your lovely blog :)

I like this cute dot-dot scarf , and thank you for sharing this for us,BTW we are experienced wholesaler in new york too, you can also check out our website : http://www.huafu.org , maybe you will see something you like, thank you so much.