The full wrap around scarf

I never thought the day would come that I would be sharing a step by step for wrapping a scarf around my neck.

But let me explain why this is happening.

There is a method of “fluffing” a scarf to make it look fuller and more stylish than just a simple loop around. So while this step by step may seem elementary, it’s also very advanced and challenging.

I kid.

I really just wanted to show you how I “stretch” out my scarf around my neck since a few of you have commented on wanting a “scarf tutorial”.

shirt: Loft
scarf: J.Crew, similar
jeans: Loft
booties: Target
And now for an animation. . .

1. Posted November 8, 2012

Looks great!

2. Kate says

Awesome!Doing this today!

3. Allison says

Cute jeans & booties!

🙂

4. Posted November 8, 2012

haha, cute animation!

5. Posted November 8, 2012

Just tried it! Very simple, but a great look. Thank you.

6. Sarah says
    Posted November 8, 2012

Love it! I defiantly need help wrapping my scarves!

7. Alie says
    Posted November 8, 2012

I do have an off topic question to ask of you —
    If you don’t mind sharing, I am wondering what size did you purchase in the Loft top you are wearing? I like the simplicity of it, but I do not have a Loft nearby to go and try it on for size.

Posted November 8, 2012

It’s a small. “like” them on Facebook and sign up to be an Insider via their website for loads of coupons!

8. Posted November 8, 2012

Love this tutorial! You taught me how to wear scarves a year or so ago when I found your blog. Seriously, loving Loft right now. I need to find me a good pair of jeans for everyday. I may try there first!

Have a great trip to DC this weekend, btw!

9. Brooke says
    Posted November 8, 2012

Great tip! I love the little demo at the end!

=)

Brooke

10. Posted November 8, 2012

Great tips. I was already wearing a scarf today so I got to try it as I was reading. 🙂

11. Rebecca says
    Posted November 8, 2012

Love this…I could wear scarves EVERY day (thanks to finding your blog a year ago). And now animation….just keeps getting better!

12. Nichole says
    Posted November 8, 2012

It’s the little things that make a difference. Thanks for sharing that simple tip that changed the whole look!

13. Posted November 8, 2012

Thanks for sharing this – I love scarfs!!!

Alice

14. Corie says
    Posted November 8, 2012

Found you on Pinterest a while back and added you to my Reader and I have to tell you that you are really entertaining (and totally adorable!)! I mostly subscribe to home decor blogs so a post from you is really refreshing! Thanks for sharing so many interesting tutorials and ideas.

15. Posted November 8, 2012

Love it all! Too freakin adorable! 🙂

16. Anonymous says
    Posted November 8, 2012

I really appreciate even “elementary” tutorials. I’ve always been kind of a plain-Jane type person and I’m trying to branch out and be more stylish. I love your blog!

17. Ashley says
    Posted November 8, 2012

I love this…I have been choosing a scarf over a necklace almost every day. Also love those booties. Great color!

18. Lisa vK says
    Posted November 8, 2012

Kate, I love reading your blog and today I’m just cracking up at the humor of the animation. You are too funny!

19. Hannah says
    Posted November 8, 2012

Genius! I have a lot of scarves and only 1 looks this full and fluffy on it’s own. I will DEFINITELY be doing this all the time now.

20. Carolyn says
    Posted November 8, 2012

That’s how I do my scarf!! 🙂 Love it!

21. Posted November 8, 2012
  22. Posted November 8, 2012

Love the animation, when I first read this post, I thought I need a video tutorial and I scroll to the bottom and there it is. You’re great and I have a scarf on today to try this out, how convenient!

23. Posted November 8, 2012

Love scarves myself. Lovely post & what a gorgeous colour combination on this one. I have a copious scarf collection, lots of silk there. Am planning to open a specialise silk scarf store on Etsy soon…..

24. Posted November 8, 2012

I’m a scarfaholic and thats one of my go-to ties also! Cute

xo Emily

25. Posted November 8, 2012

THis post made me laugh. But your hair looks gorgeous as always! I am a scarf-lover too and can’t get enough of them in my wardrobe these days 🙂

26. Posted November 8, 2012

Love it! You are too darn cute!

27. Hailey says
    Posted November 8, 2012

very cute! love the animation!

28. 2busy says

Ah! You are my fashion guru! 😉

29. Posted November 8, 2012

hahahaha the gif at the end is cracking me up. love this!

30. Anonymous says
    Posted November 8, 2012

I guess I’m a little slow. My scarf didn’t look anything like yours when I tried it!!

31. Kacie says
    Posted November 8, 2012

I’ve been following you for a while and I wanted to thank you for all of the valuable information you post! I love having guidance with at first trying make-up at all and now trying new make-up, clothes, nail polishes and hair styles. I feel much more confident when I leave my house and go to special events.

I was wondering if you could do a tutorial on how to properly blow dry hair, like with a round brush? I’ve heard it’s kind of difficult and I can’t find a proper tutorial on it.

Thanks again for sharing your lovely blog 🙂

32. Anonymous says
    Posted November 8, 2012

I have been hoping you would do this for a while! Thanks

33. Gigi says
    Posted November 8, 2012

Awesome! Such a simple, little thing but if you don’t know it….which I didn’t. Thanks.

34. Posted November 9, 2012

You are too, too, cute……love it !

35. sophie says
    Posted November 9, 2012

thanks for the tips!

36. Jane says
    Posted November 9, 2012

The animation is great! The entire tutorial is adorable – including the location! LOL

37. Samra says
    Posted November 9, 2012

that was super cute thx for sharing xx

38. Posted November 9, 2012

The first thing that caught my attention was your location. You sure pick some great spots for picture taking! Love it! Thanks for the tutorial!

39. Posted November 12, 2012

Love this and put it into action this weekend. It was definitely my favorite outfit I have put together in a while!

40. Sarah C says
    Posted November 12, 2012

I love the scarf!!

41. Krissy says
    Posted November 12, 2012
  42. Posted November 14, 2012

Do you have any tutorials for a square scarf? I’d love to see one!

43. Daisy says
    Posted January 10, 2013

Hey thanks a lot. Actually I had recently bought two Loro Piana scarves and I was confused with how to wrap them around.

44. Posted February 2, 2013

This comment has been removed by the author.

45. Posted February 2, 2013

Great blog. Scarves are my favorite accessory, and I love how creative you can be with them. There are a bunch of great scarves for sale on etsy too.
    Let me know what you think!

46. Posted February 11, 2013

Ufff! That polka dor scarf would go great with Valentines Day Outfit!! Wow Just subscribed <3

Check us out <3

xoxo

47. huafu says
    Posted May 23, 2014

I like this cute dot-dot scarf , and thank you for sharing this for us,BTW we are experienced wholesaler in new york too, you can also check out our website : http://www.huafu.org , maybe you will see something you like, thank you so much.

48. Vincent says
    Posted November 7, 2014

I love you smile and scarf texture that blend it well.