I am a Sensitive Soul

The other night I was home alone, watching tv while I ate dinner. I can’t even remember what I was watching, but this commercial came on and . . .well . . . I cried like a little baby.

No lie.

I was laugh crying at myself for crying in the first place, but it is SOOOO cute to see the complete shock and joy on this kids face!

My husband walked in the door right as I was trying to compose myself. I started laughing as soon as I saw him and said, “Okay, come over here. I have to show you this commercial. I’ve been crying like a baby!” I even showed him where my tears had stained the leather ottoman.

He walks over, a little bit concerned, probably assuming it’s a commercial about kittens or any member of the animal kingdom –because I tend to get teary at those as well, but it was not that at all.

Is that not the sweetest thing you have ever seen? I mean, he’s just so happy!

Over a STICKER!

So cute.

I am a Sensitive Soul

No lie.

Is that not the sweetest thing you have ever seen? I mean, he’s just so happy!

Over a STICKER!

So cute.

1. Posted November 16, 2012

awwwwwww

2. Alisa says

Girlfriend you are crazy. LOL

3. Posted November 16, 2012

Aw, he’s so excited! That is a cute commercial. This is the time of year where I always end up crying in my car when I hear that song “Christmas Shoes” on the radio. If you’re a crier, DO NOT listen to this song under any circumstances. 🙂

• Posted November 16, 2012

OMG what a sad song!! I’ve never heard of it, but tears are rolling down my cheeks now!

• Anonymous says
      Posted November 16, 2012

And definitely don’t listen to that song sitting at your desk at work. I did that last year and almost cried my eyes out, but I got a hold of myself. I didn’t want people to think I was crazy!

• Posted November 16, 2012

So glad I’m not the only one!

• Anonymous says
      Posted November 16, 2012

Have you ever seen the movie about the Christmas Shoes…it will tear out your heart..has Kimberly Williams-Paisley in it…have to watch it every year and cry to days after.

4. michelle says

oh my gosh! that is so sweet!! #gravedigger #fathead

5. Posted November 16, 2012

Aaahhh how sweet!

6. Posted November 16, 2012

This made me tear up too!!!!

7. Posted November 16, 2012

‘AWE’esome!!! 🙂

8. Sarah says

That was cute but not even close to tear worthy. Man, I am cold! 🙂

9. Posted November 16, 2012

my kids wants one of those stickers,the hulk one is amazing!

10. Unknown says

Didn’t cry… 🙂

11. Laurenh says
    Posted November 16, 2012

Lol, I know what you mean. I was watching the Today Show while I was eating breakfast the other day and saw a preview that showed people crying because they were so happy about becoming American citizens. I immediately started crying. Immediately.

But the funny thing was that the logical part of my brain was laughing at myself inside. I was thinking…why the heck am I crying!

And then later I teared up when a funiture store commercial had 35% for veterans (b/c my husband is a vet and I’ve been wanting to buy our first real dining room table). LOL!

Hormones.

12. Posted November 16, 2012

How cute! I have an 11 year old. I get it. 🙂

13. Posted November 16, 2012

First off if you only knew how many times my hubby has walked in on me in similar situations. He picks on me all the time for how easily I cry watching t.v (yes this includes commercials like that one). And if I see anyone else cry or upset it’s like an instant “bring on the tears” switch for me!

14. Posted November 16, 2012

haha! now fathead stickers will want to do a giveaway on here!

15. Nichole says
    Posted November 16, 2012

Just wait…the Hallmark holiday commercials should be in full swing soon. That’s where I tend to cry like a baby.

16. Amber says
    Posted November 16, 2012

Love seeing kids so excited! You should watch this video if you really want to cry because a kid is so happy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOpOhlGiRTM

17. Danielle L. says
    Posted November 16, 2012

Those hormones! Every time I watch the movie “The 5th Quarter” I cry through almost the whole movie. If you haven’t seen it you should – it’s SO GOOD!

18. Jenn says

Fathead lol…Really? hahahaha

19. Posted November 16, 2012

I teared up at that commercial, too! Then I went “this is a Fathead commercial?!” I was touched and, well, a bit confused. I was crying over a kiddo who was crying over a giant monster truck sticker? 🙂

20. Posted November 16, 2012

Ahhh, I love that commercial! So cute. (But I didn’t cry.)

Here’s the one that makes me cry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1sT7QV8nfU

21. Anonymous says
    Posted November 16, 2012

Makes me wonder even more, all your talk about when you start a family……???
    You keep making suggestions, any news forth coming?

Posted November 16, 2012

I don’t feel like I talk about it a lot ?

but unfortunately no, no news!

• Anonymous says
      Posted November 16, 2012

Oop..my comment went below. I didn’t mean to imply you talked a lot about it. I’ve just noticed it a few times. You would have adorable kids. This Nana loves your blog. Blessings~

Posted November 17, 2012

No problem! 🙂

22. Posted November 16, 2012

awww love it!!!

23. Posted November 16, 2012

that’s how i feel when i watch those Disneyland reveals! and the kids are so excited! its just too cute. i HOPE i can find something that will make my son that happy one day!

24. Anonymous says
    Posted November 16, 2012

This carter’s commercial makes me tear up every time I see it. I am blaming it on leftover preggo hormones (baby is 2 mnths). It usually ends with “when a baby is born so is a mom” but this one from youtube doesn’t 🙁

25. 2busy says
    Posted November 16, 2012

That is so sweet! I used to cry over coffee commercials, and I don’t drink coffee. You know the ones where the son comes home from college early and makes coffee to wake his parents up and surprise them? Yeah, brings tears to my eyes every time. I’m pitiful.

26. Posted November 16, 2012

When I was pregnant with my oldest daughter, I was watching Cool Runnings on TV. I hadn’t seen it in years, and when they pick up the bobsled and carry it across the finish line, I was crying hysterically. When my husband asked why I was crying, all I could say was, “I’m so proud of them!”

27. Posted November 16, 2012

So…if you thought THAT made you cry…I recommend this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH2gWrUeo7M
    That tears me up every time!!

28. Anonymous says
    Posted November 16, 2012

I watched it and it was sweet but those aren’t the kind of commercials that make me cry. To make me cry it’s usually a greeting card, a song, or a movie. I guess commercials just don’t do it for me.

29. Anonymous says
    Posted November 16, 2012

Kate, it’s not that you mention it a lot. I’m just a Nana and my ears perk at the sound of possibilities! What cute babies you would have. This Nana loves your blog. God Bless!

30. Richelle says
    Posted November 16, 2012

I am the mom of Drake. Fathead sent this to me and I really appreciate you sharing your feelings as you watched it. I cried like a baby reading your reaction. Thanks so much and many blessings to you!

• Angie says

that’s so cool!

31. Posted November 16, 2012

I get it! I so appreciate that this little boy is so genuinely sweet and appreciative. Kudos to his parents – what a great kid! For the record…it made me teary too – he is just so sweet.

32. Mickime says
    Posted November 16, 2012

That is so sweet, and you are so sweet and Drake is the bomb! What a lovely comercial….. but… I also cried about nearly everything when I was pregnant… just to keep in mind 🙂

33. Anonymous says
    Posted November 17, 2012

I agree with the others…take a pregnancy test! LOL!

Posted November 17, 2012

definitely not pregnant!

34. Posted November 17, 2012

You need to take a pregnancy test ASAP! Congratulations in advance!!

35. Rebecca says
    Posted November 17, 2012

Just saw it too. Except I didn’t really realize it was a commercial. I didn’t know WHAT it was. I had on some news channel and thought maybe it was their next story…it captivated my attention. What a reaction! So precious.
    ~From a mom of two boys who would absolutely die if they found something like that on their walls!! 🙂
    (And so cool that Drake’s mom sent you a note!!!)

36. Posted November 17, 2012

Haha definitely sweet! I love that age (partially because I teach it) and they when they are genuinely blow away thankful it is a sweet moment.

37. Posted November 17, 2012

Haha, that’s cute!
    Now watch this one… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOpOhlGiRTM

🙂

Xx Sabrina

38. Richelle says
    Posted November 17, 2012

Thank you all for the positive feedback. We have read them all 🙂 If you would like to read a little more about Drake, he did a phone interview for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and it’s online. Here is a link – http://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/columns/joe-holleman/stl-boy-featured-in-fathead-commercial/article_14978146-4805-5649-a9ab-43c50d72a355.html#.UKT4f0t2prs.facebook

39. Anonymous says
    Posted November 17, 2012

Maybe you are pregnant?!

40. Anonymous says
    Posted November 18, 2012

Your hair is always SO beautiful!! I love your blog. I have noticed though, that you never wear your hair straight. Why? Thanks so much!

41. Jen says
    Posted November 18, 2012

I admit it… I shed a tear watching this too. So cute.

42. Cheryl says
    Posted November 18, 2012

And only starting at $9.99! 😉 I love commercials that personalize people and life.

43. Anonymous says
    Posted November 19, 2012

ummm pregnant much?

44. Anonymous says
    Posted November 19, 2012

This is completely off the subject, but please tell where you got your cute shirt that you are wearing in the photos for Monday Nov. 19th blog? The off white one with the zipper on the front?? It is adorable!

45. Posted November 20, 2012

i like the compact size to fit in my purse.

46. Anonymous says
    Posted November 21, 2012

That brat is so annoying. Makes my ears bleed poo poo.

47. Posted November 21, 2012

Aww so sweet!

48. Anonymous says
    Posted November 22, 2012

Aww my nephew has that exact same one in his room!

49. Alituso says
    Posted January 24, 2013

Omgsh I thought I was the oonly one lol I sstarted crying too like I’m bout to cry to haha but I had to hold it back bc everybody was around hehe I love u

50. Posted June 22, 2013

I used expensive diapers up until 6 months or so, but all of the sudden I started getting regular leaks. I’ve had very, very few since I switched to honest. I tried expensive ones at the beginning and they were terrible. My daughter is long waisted and on the thin side, so that may account for the discrepancy, but that’s my take.
    honest diaper reviews