A Madewell Styling Event

Back in September my sister and I attended a styling event at Madewell. It was a casual evening of shopping and being styled by the employees of the store. They helped you put new outfits together, or accessorize. They gave you advice, size and fit recommendations, and made you feel like you were the only customer in the store they cared about.

The employees at this Madewell are absolteuly phenomonal.

So after that fun night, we had established a bit of a friendship with a few of the girls and they asked Lauren and I if we wanted to host our own styling event.

Um, yep. Yep, we sure do.

For these “customer” hosted events, they are typically smaller and more intimate, so we invited a few of our friends to come out for an evening of shopping & dessert.

It was a really great group of girls and I only wish I would have had more time to stand outside of each fitting room and check out their looks! (wow, that’s a creeper statement if I ever heard one. lets keep that in context.)

About an hour into the event I remembered that I had my phone on me and began snapping pics. I missed a few girls who had finished up shopping, but here are a few I grabbed from my phone.

Some cute shoppers!

Carrie and Molly both out of their comfort zones. ALSO caught mid-laugh.

The last ones out the door! Lindsey, in the center, was one of the immensely helpful stylists at Madewell that evening!

A lot of my find’s were on sale + an additional 30% off. I looked up some links to share on the blog but I noticed something in my search. The sale prices online are wildly different than the sale prices in store. Soooo, keep that in mind as you shop. If you live near a Madewell, stop in the store for the better deal

1 / 2 / 3 (similar) / 4

Have you shopped at Madewell yet? It’s a good mix of preppy and hipster w/ a dash of Urban Outfitters mixed in.

Here are a few of my other favorites:

If you haven’t checked out Madewell yet, you should. And if you are unsure how to work some of their pieces into your wardrobe, be sure to ask the employees as they are there to help–and great at it!

1. Posted November 9, 2012

Everything looks great….wish there was a store nearby! Happy weekend 🙂

2. Rebecca says
    Posted November 9, 2012

That sounds like so much fun! 🙂 I haven’t shopped at Madewell yet. I’ll have to make my way over there some time.

3. Melissa says
    Posted November 9, 2012

Love the clothes! I need to see if there is a store by me 🙂 p.s. I love the booties your sister is wearing!

4. Alissa says
    Posted November 9, 2012

I love Madewell, I totally wish we had a store near me!

5. Posted November 9, 2012

yay! awesome recap, kate! it was a BLAST! thanks for having me. also, thanks for forcing me to put on that fur vest. hilarious. 🙂

6. Amy says
    Posted November 9, 2012

You picked up some great pieces Kate!

7. Posted November 9, 2012

Hilary and I had so much fun. I’m wearing my black polka dot today. Thank you again for inviting us to the event. There are so many cute things that I wish I could have purchased. You are absolutely right, their stylists are incredible! H and I went to JCrew after we left Madewell and it was a totally different experience. You know I love me some JCrew, but Madewell customer service is superior to any other store I’ve been to in a while.

Posted November 10, 2012

totally agree–madewell just had a warmer, inviting vibe. 🙂

8. Posted November 9, 2012

Aww, the clothes from there are so cute! Wish they had a store in Brazil! LOL hahaha

9. Posted November 9, 2012

I love your red sweater + black polka dot top combo! Is that from Madewell, or could you share where it’s from?

Posted November 10, 2012

The filters on instagram make it look red and black but it’s actually orange and navy! Both are from j.crew outlet!

10. Posted November 9, 2012

What a fun event! I’ll have to get out to Raleigh and crash your next event (of any kind). 😉

I love all the pieces you showed above. And those earrings? #meow <– Obvious.

I hope you and L have a great time in D.C.!

11. Posted November 9, 2012

Man, I love that beaded collar T! Didn’t see that. Probably a good thing.

Thanks to both of you for hosting. We had a great time!

12. Anonymous says
    Posted November 9, 2012

Cute clothes for sure but who could afford those price tags…WOW?!

13. Posted November 9, 2012

It was nice to meet you and your sister. I love all of your purchases & I even put some of Lindsey’s styling tips to good use this week :). Thanks for hosting!

Posted November 10, 2012

Glad you could come! Nice to meet you as well! 🙂

14. Anonymous says
    Posted November 9, 2012

Come on, Kate! Wordrobe is spelled with one ‘e’! 🙂

Posted November 10, 2012

missed that in spell check. . .but looks like you did too!

15. ....... says
    Posted November 11, 2012

that must have been really fun! great pics and love those pieces you’ve picked. xx. gigi. food and beauty blogger @ http://www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

16. Posted November 12, 2012

That is way funny, I check your blog every few days and love your hair tutorials. But today I saw this post and realized that Lindsey from the store looked really familiar. I used to be her counselor in a group called Student Venture in Orlando, FL. Had no idea she had moved. Crazy. Love the post and the stylish outfits!

17. Posted November 12, 2012

ooh i hope you bought #2 it looks sooo great on you!
    love it!

18. Heather says
    Posted November 14, 2012

We don’t have a Madewell around here, but we do have a J. Crew warehouse that sometimes has Madewell items in their sales.

19. Posted March 18, 2013

My spouse and I stumbled above right here different website page and imagined I should really check important things out. I like what I see so now i’m following you. Look forward to finding out regarding your web page repeatedly.
    reception venues in los angeles

20. Jamie says
    Posted July 20, 2014

Since I’ve never heard of this store, I wanted to ask you a question. I may have the opportunity to visit a store in a couple months. The website makes a lot of the clothes look boxy and shapeless. (Of course that may just be due to their way way way too skinny models.) Do you find that the clothes are boxy? I’m curvy, so I need shape in my clothes. Is it worth a visit to the store or is it hit or miss?

Thanks. 🙂