a bow belt that isn’t overly girly.

When my sister and I were in DC a few weeks ago, we went to anthropologie. I tend to drool over just about everything in that store, but usually end up leaving empty handed. They aren’t the cheapest store on the block, but they are also well stocked with unquie and beautiful products, from clothes to home goods.
I tried on a striped dress that I happened to fall in love with, but I couldn’t justifiy the $50.00 price tag. I knew Target and Gap had similar dresses, and there was a good chance I could get it for less expensive. Plus, the fact that Target and Gap had similar options meant it wasn’t unique enough to be my first piece of clothing from anthropologie. I set high standards.

I asked an employee to grab me a belt so I could see how a striped dress looked with a belt. And she returned with a really cute brown bow belt. The same one you are seeing in the photos.

I loved it. I had never seen anything like it, and it was the perfect brown. So I bought it, and have tried to wear it almost every day since then.

I picked up this striped dress on major sale from the original price at Gap. The leggings are from some department store, becuase I can’t regognize the label. And once again, my favorite boots are on my feet.
1 // 2 // 3 // 4

1. Robyn says
    Posted November 23, 2012

Ooo love the black and brown together! I always wonder whether that works, but you make it look great! I wore my boots for the first time yesterday, and your right, super comfy!

2. Anonymous says
    Posted November 23, 2012

What a cute idea!! (the belt) you totally pull this off like no one else šŸ™‚

3. dWa says
    Posted November 23, 2012

Super Cute outfit!

4. Posted November 23, 2012

I am a big fan of bow belts. I like how you wore the bow to the side.

Alice

5. Melissa says
    Posted November 23, 2012

I love this outfit! Those boots are really affordable! Thanks for the tips.

6. Posted November 23, 2012

Oo the belt is both adorable and elegant!
    – Ididtellyou.blogspot.com

7. Posted November 23, 2012

I’ve been reading your blog for a while now (found you through pinterest – yay!) and I absolutely love your style! You inspire me!
    And I’m totally heading to Target next week to check out those boots. šŸ™‚

8. Emily says
    Posted November 23, 2012

I adore this outfit! The belt is to die for. One of my favorite outfits you’ve ever featured on your blog!

9. Posted November 24, 2012

oh my gosh – i am totally obsessed with that belt. OBSESSED.

10. Anonymous says
    Posted November 24, 2012

Are you wearing Mac’s lipstick in Syrup? šŸ™‚ Love the color!

Posted November 24, 2012

No, this is a laura mercier color called “berry sorbet”

11. Posted November 24, 2012
  12. Posted November 24, 2012

girlfriend your waist is looking tiny – all of that running is paying off šŸ™‚

13. Sarah says
    Posted November 24, 2012
  14. Anonymous says
    Posted November 24, 2012

I love get the look posts! I have a hard time pulling outfits together! Thank you!

15. Posted November 24, 2012

I love this look! I am definitely getting that belt – adorable!

16. CIW says
    Posted November 24, 2012

I love the look. What watch are you wearing? I love it!!!

17. Posted November 24, 2012

I love that look. I just got very similar boots from Kohls for only $29.99 and I can’t stop wearing them šŸ™‚

teachingwithafashion.blogspot.com
    Kayla Rae

18. Anonymous says
    Posted November 25, 2012

Cute dress, but I think you linked up to the wrong dress on Gap’s website.

Posted November 25, 2012

you’re right! thanks for pointing that out! I’ll update the proper link today!

19. Kacia says
    Posted November 25, 2012

oh no – i’m seriously swooning. that belt.

20. Debra says
    Posted November 25, 2012

Love the belt with your dress. I have been wanting a bow belt & yours is just right. Oh wow! And you were in DC?! I ‘m in Baltimore. Would have been a ton of fun to meet & shop! You look really pretty in the pix. Thanks for sharing!

[email protected]

21. LRW says
    Posted November 25, 2012

love this look on you!!

22. Posted November 26, 2012

That belt is so cool! I never actually buy anything from Anthropologie either, but maybe I should give it another try.

Kristina

Kristina does the Internets

23. Posted November 26, 2012

Love that stripes.
    You looked fab there!

24. Anonymous says
    Posted November 26, 2012

Love this! Your blog and videos have really helped me get it together! More fashion looks, please!

25. Anonymous says
    Posted November 26, 2012

Does black and brown really work together? I’ve always steered away from wearing them together.

26. Kacie says
    Posted November 28, 2012
  27. Posted November 30, 2012

Nice Style its look Cute. love it šŸ™‚

28. Posted December 8, 2012

You pull off belts so well…I just don’t seem to have that skill!
    Lori from http://shoehunting.blogspot.com/

29. Posted December 20, 2013

nice & cool, love it …. mobil sedan corolla

30. Posted March 17, 2014

Love your boots!

Republik Hijab,
    Inspirasi Hijab Fashion Indonesia

31. Posted April 22, 2014

To date, mens glasses make the most of this kind of scantiness and make all of their method to the highest ranking regarding men’s favourite embellishment in one cerebrovascular event.

32. Posted November 9, 2014