Leopard + Yellow

I have a thing for skirts.

Especially brightly colored ones.

And inexpensive ones.

I look forward to pairing this with tights and boots once the weather cools down around here.
Skirt: Old Navy
White Tanks: Old Navy
Grey Cardigan: J. Crew
Necklace: J.Crew Outlet

Also, leopard print is big this fall. It’s kinda big most fall’s, isn’t it?

I’m not brave enough to wear any of the adorable leopard pants, but I will wear a belt. Or some leopard stud earrings. Or a scarf.

If you are feeling the leopard trend, keep it simple by only wearing one leopard accessory per outfit. Let’s not overdo it. Since this is most likely a fleeting trend, shop at Target, or Forever 21, where you can get these accessories for cheap.

Raaaawrr girl! <—-did you see what I did there?

Comments

Love this outfit! I used your outfits as inspiration the other day and put on a sweater over a dress with a belt on top. I got a ton of compliments! :)

You are too cute!

Completely off topic: I have long hair down my back and am thinking about cutting it since it’s been this length for about three years. I’m ready for a change. Nothing too drastic, but I love the length of your hair right now. I also love the way you styled your hair in this post: http://www.thesmallthingsblog.com/2011/08/bouncey-curled-under.html Can you still do this style at your current length? My hair is too long now, but I’d love to try it at a new, shorter length (but not quite that short!). Thanks!!

• says

It wouldn’t flip under as nicely at my current length, but I also never wear my hair straight. But go for it! It will be a nice change! :)

Speaking of straight hair….i would love to see some tutorials involving straight hair! :) cute outfit…i think a trip to old navy is in my future!

4. Anonymous says

Does anyone have sizing experience with the JCrew cardigan? There are no reviews on the website and I am trying to determine appropriate size to order. I am 5″2 and 113 lbs but carry some weight in tummy/muffin top area!! Thanks so much!

• Anonymous says

You can contact a personal stylist at J. Crew (free of charge) — they should be able to help you to determine what size would work best. I had one of them help me with a dress that I purchased (I was unsure about the sizing chart because I was in between sizes), so I emailed and gave the stylist my measurements, and she was spot on with her recommendation. Email erica@jcrew.com or call 800-261-7422 (this info is on website).

Super LOVE this! I’ve been trying to think of subtle ways to add a little animal print into my wardrobe. So far, I’ve only been brave enough to have it on the inside lining of my purse. (What a chicken!) Maybe a leopard belt or a scarf are in the future for me. Thanks for the inspiration!

6. Marah says

I just bought a pair of leopard print flats from Banana Republic Outlet. I love them with a black or red sweater!

Loving this. I just bought a cute white skirt at Goodwill plus two boxes of yellow dye. I am crossing my fingers the color turns out just like your skirt. And now you’ve giving me a new styling idea to boot. Thanks!

8. Tammy says

I have that skirt and got the blue one, too! I loved them so much I didn’t even wait for them to go on sale….which is saying something since I NEVER do that! But these skirts were definitely worth it!

May I ask what size your sweater from J. Crew is? I am wanting to order online but, I cannot decide between a small or medium… Does it fit true to size?

I don’t think leopard is a fleeting trend at all. I’ve had a pair of leopard flats from Target (that I’ve worn out and repurchased online) FOREVER. They are my favorite closed toe shoes I have. They go with everything. I call them my magic shoes. (Not really).

Love a pinch of leopard! I never wore anything animal print, last year I finally got on board & love it. Especially in shoes! I have a similar belt to the one you are wearing, found it at the Banana Republic outlet.

I picked up the leopard print scarf at old navy a few weeks back, so cute! I also bought some leopard print shoes at Target, on sale of course. I am excited to incorporate both into different outfits this fall.

Just bought a yellow skirt and have been trying to think of different ways to style it — love this look and am so glad I came across your blog :)