Quick Curls and a Headband Hair Tutorial

Today’s hair tutorial is quick and polished.

There’s nothing simpler than wrapping a large section of hair around a small curling iron to get large waves, so if you are ever in a rush, choose the smaller iron
*having issues setting a less obnoxious thumbnail. . .but for now–enjoy that face, would ya?

Earrings: Anthropologie (sold out)
Cardigan: J.Crew
Headband: Goody

1. Posted September 17, 2012

Do you think that the quick curl would work for thick hair too? I would say I have double the amount of hair you do based on watching your tutorials!

2. Becky says
    Posted September 17, 2012

First of all, just about ANY hairstyle would look amazing on you because you’re SO DARN PRETTY!!!!

And also, how do you tease your hair without permanently damaging it? I teased mine 4 times and ended up wtih a ridiculous amount of breakage.

3. Kellie says
    Posted September 17, 2012

What else could you use instead of dry shampoo during that step? Thanks!

4. Kate says
    Posted September 17, 2012

You could try a texture spray or even a light mist of hairspray!

5. Anonymous says
    Posted September 17, 2012

What lipstick are you wearing?!

6. Posted September 17, 2012

So cute!

What is the lipcolor you’re wearing? Love it!

7. Posted September 17, 2012

I love this hair tutorial! Where did you buy the Goody headband? I don’t think I’ve ever seen the metal ones at Target or Ulta.

Posted September 17, 2012

I got mine at Target!

• Posted October 28, 2012

I was in Walgreens in Iowa the other day and picked up a pack of 5 slim metal headbands for $5.49 by Scuncci. LOVE THEM!!!!!!

8. Posted September 17, 2012

I love this look. It is so pretty! Your tutorials make me happy…although my husband thinks I’m odd for bringing my laptop into the bathroom as I practice. Haha.

9. Posted September 18, 2012

Erin – I do the same thing!

10. Anonymous says
    Posted September 18, 2012

Great to hear that I am not the only one lol! My husband says that i’m am addict!! Kate I always look forward to Monday tutorials,and by the way you do a great job!

11. Posted September 18, 2012

I totally agree with the above posts… I too bring my laptop into the bathroom to practice (and I need to be more careful because I’ve nearly knocked it off the counter a few times) and I look forward to Monday tutorials every week! They make Mondays just a little easier for me šŸ™‚

Now, I’m off to scour Target for those headbands!

12. Amanda says
    Posted September 18, 2012

I have a lot of fine hair and is just above the collar bone. I tease and it never stays! use all kenra

13. Aimee says
    Posted September 18, 2012

A lot of your most recent tutorials have been variations on a full head of curls… might you think about switching it up? I’d LOVE to see some straight styles from you!

Posted September 18, 2012

A lot of my styles can be done on straight hair!

• Posted September 18, 2012

Well, can we see one then? Thx!

14. April says
    Posted September 18, 2012

I love your tutorials for curling hair because they are so easy to follow and you explain things so well….however I have a problem. When you blow your hair dry it comes out all nice and straight and ready to curl. After blow-drying, mine is always frizzy, and has this uneven, kinky, wavy texture all over which really messes up the idea of a soft and pretty spiral curl. Also, I have really thick hair. What can I do to get your soft curls with my texture and thickness?

15. Anonymous says
    Posted September 18, 2012

Just watched the Country music festival on TV and there is a striking resemblence between you and Kimberly Perry from The Band Perry. Has anyone ever told you that?

16. Anonymous says
    Posted September 18, 2012

I have more hair than you and don’t know how to tease it. Love your eye make up!!
    Miryam

17. Anonymous says
    Posted September 18, 2012

I love all your styles! But I have a suggestion, and maybe you’ll consider this.

A lot of your fans don’t have great hair like you. Personally, I have thicker, volumous hair with natural curl. If you could try using a model, a friend of yours with thicker hair maybe, and do their hair in a style that works better for us.

It would be amazing to see this eventually!!
    You’re doing a great job, and I love your work!
    -Shannon

• April says

agree!

18. Katie says
    Posted September 18, 2012

Know what’s really sad? I’d be tickled pink to accomplish even the “before” on this video. My hair hates me. šŸ™

19. Cher says
    Posted September 18, 2012

What’s the brand of the dry shampoo you used? I didn’t catch it in the video. I’ve used some other kinds and I know what you mean about the feeling at the end of the day!

20. Melody says
    Posted September 18, 2012

I have got to get a Hot Tools iron. I’ve been wanting one forever! And I’ve been dying over those Kenra products. That’s what my stylist uses!

21. Posted September 18, 2012

Nice videos and great tips. You hair looks great! Love the length.

22. Anonymous says
    Posted September 19, 2012

Thank you for all of your tutorials! I’ve been following your blog for about a year and I love them!

-GeAnna šŸ™‚

23. Anonymous says
    Posted September 20, 2012

I love this tutorial on quick curls. My hair is pretty thick and is about to the middle of my back, so long. Whenever I try to curl it with a curling iron for one it takes forever and by the time I am all done the side I started with first a lot of the curl has fallen out. Any recommendations for having it be quicker and having my curls actually stay in? Thanks a bunch!

24. Anonymous says
    Posted September 20, 2012

25. Anonymous says
    Posted November 19, 2012

I love your tutorials, thanks for posting. What size is your curling iron? I have a 1 inch hot tools one but my hair just looks messy after curling. Any tips you can share that help? Thanks.

26. Posted May 13, 2013

I used this tutorial to do my prom hair and it turned out awesome! Great tutorial šŸ™‚

27. Posted November 13, 2013

Is there a difference between Hot Tools and Hot Shot Tools that are sold at Sally Beauty? Thanks šŸ™‚