New Jewelry Storage

I love jewelry. I love to wear it, buy it, and make it.

Most of my jewelry was stored in this armoire*. The rest was on my dresser. And it was kind of a disaster area.

*the furniture in my bedroom was a gift from my parents. the color inside was the color of the outside when we recieved it. we painted it “toasted marshmallow”. click here for that post.

All the sudden, I wanted to clean it up. And organize it. And paint the inside of the doors with chalkboard paint.
In total, this project took about 1.5 hours. I purchased the mirror and the jewelry box specifically for this, but the rest of the items are things that I already had.

I look forward to opening these doors now. And I feel more creative since I can easily see all my jewels! It was also good to go through and look at what I own (colors, length, statement, etc) to see what holes I need to fill in my collection.
Oddly, I own a lot of green/blue statement necklaces but I don’t wear a lot of that color. I supposed that is good since I won’t be too “match-y”. Also, I’m a big fan of gold these days, which I never thought I would wear. Now it’s rare for me to wear silver.

How do you display/store your jewels?

Comments

1. Christie says

I have a large shallow drawer in my bathroom cabinet. I keep things in crystal bowls and little china plates. It’s semi-organized.

Love Love LOVE this! You did an amazing job! I really want to start building my accessory collection. I have literally next to NOTHING. But seeing you’re adorable new jewelry organizer totally inspires me! :) So thank you!

Wow! I am so jealous of this! I want something like this so bad. I keep most of my necklaces hanging on an IKEA coat/purse rack, but I’ve run out of room!

4. Anonymous says

Isn’t that funny, I’ve switched to a lot of gold too and I always said I hated gold and would never wear it. My Mom still can’t believe I’m wearing it!

I wish I was crafty like you. I get so jealous every time I read your blog! This looks great and I read the post (well, I looked at the pictures) about your furniture, also jealous of that one. Great job, Kate!!
    Let us know how organized it is in a couple months ;)

I love this! It looks like a Francesca’s store :) All your little touches are the type things I need to pay attention to…like your little bowls, plates, etc. I tend to overlook those things!!!

Really cool!! Do you have a recommendation on which jewelry stands to use for fairs? I have wo fairs coming up and have no idea on what to use for both earrings and rings… Help?

You did such a wonderful job organizing your treasures. I create and sell jewelry as a hobby and I’ve found that you are not alone with the new interest in gold. My shop has more silver, but I’m slowly adding new finishes and they are the items that are selling. Your collection is wonderful and balanced. Thanks for sharing!
    Lori in Atlanta

Such a great idea! We definitely need more storage, and I would have never thought about using the top of an armoire. If you were any cuter or more creative,I might die :)

10. Patrice says

This is such a delight to see first thing in the morning. And it has me thinking about how to store my jewelry. I have a nice big wood jewelry box I purchased from overstock, but I need a better system.

That looks amazing! And I am jealous of your space… with the limited storage around our house I’ve got all my jewelry and makeup in one dresser drawer. Reasonably well organized (with some “junk drawer” organizers from Target, which are handy for all the different size slots they have) – but still a little cramped!

Beautiful! Right now I’m using cork board tiles with frames. We live in a one bed room apartment so things that go on walls are great! I hope I can display them like this someday!
    1love2always.blogspot.com

This is wonderful Kate! Such a cute look. (And I love love love the little change you made to the site with the ads on the right. It think it flows much better!)

14. Anonymous says

it looks so pretty :) really like the cake plate idea…i have one that belonged to my grandmother stored in a cabinet…i will get it out tonite…it will be perfect ♥

15. Ashleigh says

Do you have any tips for keeping ‘less expensive’ jewelry in good shape? I’m always tempted to buy things at Francesca’s or Target but they usually end up tarnished and discolored. I’d love to hear your tips!

• says

Hi Ashleigh! I actually learned something new about this just this morning! I bought an adorable set of pearl rings from a boutique up in Maine while I was at a wedding over the weekend. I knew they weren’t real silver but I didn’t expect them to turn my finger green after 3 hours… ugh! Anyway, I stopped by my local Clarks Jewelers to see if I could have them dipped/plated in silver because I really wanted them to last a long time. The woman actual shared that there is a protective product called something “shield” that she could dip the rings in that was formulated to keep the copper in the jewelry from turning. And she is only charging me $3-5! I may take a handful of my favorites back to have them done too!

un buena idea de organizacion…. yo lo tengo todo metido en bolsas con cierre hermetico, individuales. Así la bisutería no se pone fea y no se me enreda !! pero buen consejo
    un beso ;)
    marien

17. Anonymous says

i love how you decorate & organize! I too find myself purchasing alot of “gold” accessories now, and for years i mean years i would not even look at it ….so i too have joined the gold club ;)

I love how you have the earrings hanging off the tea cup – I have a beautiful cup from my MIL that now has a chip in it so I can’t use it, but now I can give it new life! I use a photo collage wall mount jewelry box – similar to this but not quite the same http://tinyurl.com/bvhryao and I love it! It is pretty big so it holds longer necklaces really well – but earrings always seem to be the hardest to organize and keep track of! I’m in love with your jewelry collection, I’m just not quite brave enough to wear a lot of jewelry, but I love to swoon over it!

Hi Kate! This set up looks great. I have a branch, approx. 3in diameter, with mug hooks that screwed into the bottom of it hanging on my wall. It’s where all of my really long pieces hang. I also have a great metal tree, with branches, that holds my earrings. I have a few other jewelry storage things going on but both of those are the note worthy ones. ;)

What do you do with longer necklaces if you have them? Are they just doubled up for hanging? I have quite a few and they are hanging on my door knob to my closet because they are too long for my jewelry armoire. I think with your setup I would have been tempted to upholster the inside of one of the doors and put in hooks for those long ones. :)

Gah! I am so in love with your jewelry collection & all your clothes for that matter!!! I’ve been looking to add some “statement” necklaces to my collection but I can’t quite figure out what to pair them with so I haven’t purchased anything yet. Let me know if you are ever in Minnesota, I would honestly pay to have you shop with me and help me put together some outfits with accessories!

This is lovely – I’m so glad you shared! I recently upcycled some vintage shutters and mounted them on the wall… I use “s” hooks to hang everything. But now I will need to display my rings and earrings somehow, too. Thank you for these ideas! Just lovely.

I absolutely love the way you chose to hang your earrings. I currently have hanging pockets which works great for my necklaces but some of my earrings are difficult to see and I miss out on wearing some of my favorite pieces! This is a must add in my life. Thanks!

Vanessa
    teachingtrainingandtots.blogspot.com

you have an amazing collection of jewelry! i’ve always been a simpler girl, but i’m trying to slowly start amassing a jewelry collection, so with that said- what would you say is a must have “list” of starter pieces to get my collection off and running in the right direction? thanks for sharing!

I keep most of my jewelry semi-organized in Bed Bath & Beyond satin dividers. My rings go in a seashell on our dresser then my big bangles in plastic shoeboxes in our linen closet.

-Brittany from suburbchicblog.blogspot.com :)

Love the earrings on the tea cup! I always throw mine in the earring pile and they all get stuck together. This also gives me something to do with the overflow of cups in the cabinet!

You made me want to super organize my jewelry collection after I saw yours, adorable BTW. I needed a dresser overhaul, since mine had become more of a “throw whatever on top” look, and just looked messy – so this gave me motivation to change it up and make it look nice (finally!). I had an oversized Lady & the Tramp tea cup that sat in a ladder bookcase in my living room for the longest time, so I moved it to my bedroom and used it to put random bracelets in and some dangle earrings around – love how it looks now! Thank you for your inspiration, as always! :)

I was inspired and created one of my own!!! Yours is much better though!!! My chalkboard paint is not very good. What kind did you use?? Stop by and check out my blog, countingourcupcakes.blogspot.com :) I love your blog and tutorials!

You’ve done a great job pimping your armoire my friend. The storage looks enhanced, and I think it has become a better spot to place all your stunning jewelry. Girl, you have loads of them! Hmm. =) I’m guessing majority of them are your creations, given the fact that you love creating chic accessories?

Paige Low

Very creative. I recently got all of my important jewelry organized as well. All i used was a few plastic bins and started neatly laying my necklaces and bracelets inside them

catier watches are pricey, and that is a fact. You need to save money as well as allot enough time for shopping for winter jackets. No matter how pretty a designer handbag is, if buying discount rolex watches will starve you through your next paycheck, it’s not a good buy for you.popular christmas gifts Set your budget and stick to it. Italian omega watches for women prices range from $200 to $3000 or more. Your budget may limit your options but with Italian louis vuitton online, any price range can lead you to a fabulous piece that you can proudly wear. Similarly, time is essential to your quest for best-valued cheap hermes handbags
    . Take the time to visit stores, shops, boutiques and consignment stores to browse over their cheap chanel shopping collection. This should give you enough exposure to the finer tastes of miu miu hobo, which will help you decide which one suits you best. For busy shoppers, try shopping down jackets online so you can browse as many collections as possible during your free time.