When I first told people I would make lasagna the responses were like:
“Oh man! That’s so labor intensive!”
“Wow, that takes a while, doesn’t it?”
And I was always surprised becuase this is on of the simplest, and mindless, meals I make. And it fills our fridge with leftovers!
We like meaty lasanga at our house, but feel free to just do cheese or even add some veggies!
1. Saute ground beef and iltalian sausage in a pinch of salt and a 1 teaspoon of garlic until brown.
2. While the meat is being browned, mix all the cheeses in a plastic bag.
3. Grab your “No-Boil” noodles–this takes about 25 minutes off the total prep time! You use these noodles straight out of the box and they soften while they are cooking.
4. Find a 9×13 pan, or an intense 1,000 lb Emeril Lasagna Pan that you registered for when you got married.
5. Mix the drained and browned meat in with the sauce in a seperate bowl, and cut the end off of your plastic bag full of the cheese mixture.
6. Start with a layer of noodles, scoop several scoopfulls of the meat sauce on top, then finish this layer with cheese, a sprinkle of salt, and some torn up basil.
7. Repeat until you have reached the top, and pile on the mozzarella!
8. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes covered, and 15 minutes uncovered. Let it sit for about 10 minutes before serving!
8 ounces ground beef round
8 ounces italian sausage links, removed from casings and crumbled
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
6 cups marinara sauce
8 ounces ricotta cheese
8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
1 cup (2 ounces) grated parmesan cheese
1 package “no-boil” lasagna noodles
1 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese