Perfectly Pretty Hair Tutorial

In the video, I’ll show my technique for wrapping hair around the elastic to ensure a smooth finish, so make sure you watch all the way until the end!
perfectly pretty hair tutorial

Shirt: J. Crew factory, Earrings: Anthropologie, Necklace: Francesca’s, Lip Gloss: Revlon Colorburst in Sizzle

1. Brittany says
    Posted August 27, 2012

your hair is getting so long! I am in the process of growing mine out and it’s in the “ugly phase!” Can’t wait to get it to your length 🙂 Awesome tutorial!

• Posted August 28, 2012

If you are looking for a partner based on lifestyle and physical chemistry as well as personal beliefs and common interests, you may try cougarloving.com Good Luck:)

• Anonymous says
      Posted August 28, 2012

huh, why would any1 be looking for cougarloving, haha

2. Posted August 27, 2012

Great tutorial! I really like that you are doing these simple tutorials. Even though some of us might not still be in school, fall is a great time to embrace simplicity and getting ready quickly so that you can enjoy life but look great doing so. Thank you for all your ideas!

3. Posted August 27, 2012

Love your Blog! Learn something new every time I watch and read it!

4. Posted August 27, 2012

Great tutorial! Where is your necklace from?

• Jason says
      Posted August 29, 2012

This comment has been removed by the author.

• Posted August 29, 2012

Hi Sarah, Kate posted under her last picture where her necklace is from (Necklace: Francesca’s). Hope this helps!

5. Katie says
    Posted August 27, 2012

Girl! You and your perfect hair! I’ve gotta get me some aquage. 🙂

6. Posted August 27, 2012

Such a pretty look! I love it!!

7. Tiffany Miller says
    Posted August 27, 2012

Very pretty! Is your hair layered?

8. Posted August 27, 2012

Beautiful :). Love the necklace as well!

9. Posted August 27, 2012

ah love this. i have always tried to figure out how to do the wrap-hair-around-elastic thing and it always fails. can’t wait to give it a try!

10. Posted August 27, 2012

Wearing this one today–thanks 🙂

11. Posted August 27, 2012

great tutorial — I def need to try this, thanks for sharing girl! xo

12. Kate says
    Posted August 27, 2012

This is fantastic! How did you curl your hair before you started? Did you do the loose curl or your full head curl?

13. Posted August 27, 2012

Love your blog! Unfortunately, my hair is fairly short and I can’t wear it pulled back much anymore. I have tried your tutorial about curling my hair with a flat iron though and it worked pretty well.

14. Sophie says
    Posted August 27, 2012

This comment has been removed by the author.

15. sophie says
    Posted August 27, 2012

thanks for sharing this tutorial! i’m going to try this hair style for my anniversary weekend getaway coming up. ps : i’ve tried some of your suggestions for making my curls hold longer, but it’s just not working. any other tips?

16. Julie says
    Posted August 27, 2012

Been looking for a half up-half down that looks cute! Thanks for always doing great tutorials! xo

17. Amy says
    Posted August 28, 2012

Kate thanks again for another great style! I’ve been bored with my hair so instead of chopping I started doing 1 great Kate style a day! I am having so much fun with my hair (our hair types are very similar just I’m auburn). I can’t wait to try this out tomorrow!!

18. Mylene says
    Posted August 28, 2012

I tries this morning but the hair around the pony tail kept on falling off… My hair is too soft. Any product i could use? Thanks for your help!!

19. Posted August 28, 2012

Do you think you’ll cut your hair short again? You were my hairspiration! Now your hair is too long for me to copy! 🙂 looks great, girl!

20. Posted August 28, 2012

I found this today and it worked perfectly. I had curled my hair yesterday so it still had some loose waviness to it and turned out very similar to yours. I think it actually worked best because it still had some hairspray and backcombing in it. So fun – thanks for the tutorial!

21. Ailen says
    Posted August 28, 2012

Hello! My name is Ailén. I’m from Ururguay. I am starting my own blog. Would you like to know? I would like to know your opinion! It would be an honor.
    Sorry for my English is not very good. This is the link.
    Thank you!
    XoXo!

22. Posted August 28, 2012

Hi Kate: I am missing your hair tutorials…! I live in a country overseas which has recently denied YouTube to it’s citizens due to military action. One plus…when they turn it back on, I will have a ton of enjoyable viewing!!! That being said, thanks for the large, clear photos of your beautiful styles!

23. Anonymous says
    Posted August 28, 2012

Love your tutorials Kate 🙂

Best from Germany!

24. Posted August 28, 2012

Kate – you are amazing!! Your tutorials have encouraged me to keep growing my hair out and I’m learning that there are so many pretty ways to wear my hair beyond the ponytail! Thank you so much! And I’m loving a-thread! I can’t believe I had never heard of them before 🙂

25. Jessica says
    Posted August 28, 2012

I just found your blog & its lovely.

26. Posted August 29, 2012

I feel really silly. I do my hair like this ALL the time and never once have I thought to pick up hair from OUTSIDE the pony to wrap around. Smart girl! Thank you!

27. Rochelle says
    Posted August 30, 2012

Thanks so much for this great tutorial. I had a 4 hour interview today for a great job and did this. I’m 44 and wanted to look a bit younger. I texted all mr girlfriends a photo and all gave it the thumbs up.

28. Posted August 30, 2012

I love it! I’m goind to try that next week end 🙂

29. Posted August 31, 2012

looks lovely! your hair is really pretty.

30. Posted September 18, 2012

This looks really nice…I may have to try it sometime this week!

31. Susan says
    Posted October 25, 2012

I am so thankful for your tutorials, having 2 – 17 year olds and special events… you are very easy to watch and I think you make your hairstyles seem attainable. Thank you for sharing. 🙂 We will be trying a few for their homecoming weekend.

32. Posted December 8, 2012

Even in these Wholesale hermes handbags online there are also lot of chances to get replica one so before buying any louis vuitton wallets you need to take a look at the bag and not only check out the overall condition but also you should check for the cheap omega watches marks of authenticity of the bags. It can usually be seen on the logo printing, find a christmas gifts stitches, cards, zippers and the texture of the bags. These things can really show if a certain swiss rolex is real or not.

If you are looking for wholesale high-end catier pendents like Louis Vuitton, Prada, Gucci, Versace, Burberry, Fendi, and Christian Dior, The Wholesale waterproof jackets is a good wholesale suppliers’ directory.

33. Emily says
    Posted December 22, 2012

One of the ways is to gather a section of hair from the centre of your head and give it a little back-combing to add some texture and volume.

Take a piece of fabric and fold in half one or two times to make it thicker. Continue rolling the hair until you reach the scalp. Pin in place. Begin wrapping the hair around it like a curler and its done! I read this tip Dr. Cole Hair Transplant group- Forhair website which worked pretty well.

34. Posted February 22, 2013

Ok, I need to try this!

35. Posted June 11, 2013

Nowadays hair transplant surgeries are done in a manner that may get you the most modern look and better quality of hair than your original ones.Thanks to the advanced technique used for hair transplantation that gets you all confidence which you have lost with your hair.

dr ray woods

36. Posted June 25, 2013

Wow, this is pretty interesting. Inspiring, as well. Thanks for sharing such inspiring experience with us. Great blog, congrats.!
    Hair Removal

37. Posted August 5, 2013

Very nice blogging, thanks for sharing. hair transplant lahore

38. Posted September 25, 2013

Thanks for sharing such a great stuff with us. I will absolutely take theses proposal even as I am doing blog commenting. So, thanks very much. skin rejuvenation.

39. Posted February 8, 2014

This pass is good hairstyle I have tiger and hope my friends will like bay.Hair Loss During Pregnancy

40. Posted February 27, 2014

Nothing is quite as classic and sophisticated as a half up style with a wrapped elastic. It’s polished, pretty, some would even say romantic. SAP SCM Tutorial

41. Sara says
    Posted July 20, 2014

I really like your post about the hair style with wrapping the hair around the pony tail. I think that I will try it one day this week for work!

42. Michelle H says
    Posted July 31, 2015

I love this! So beautiful, yet simple yet elegant. I’m going to have to try this sometime.. wish my hair was blonde so it showed up like yours! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity! Maybe if you’re interested in curling hair with a clipless wand, you can check out my video on YouTube and let me know what you think! 🙂 Thanks again!

43. Posted December 6, 2017

naturally like your web site but you have to test the spelling on several
    of your posts. A number of them are rife
    with spelling problems and I find it very troublesome to inform the truth then again I will certainly come back again.

44. Posted December 6, 2017

I enjoy, cause I discovered exactly what I used to be looking for.
    You have ended my four day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice
    day. Bye

45. Posted December 6, 2017

An outstanding share! I’ve just forwarded this
    onto a friend who had been conducting a little homework on this.
    And he in fact ordered me dinner simply because I stumbled upon it for him…
    lol. So allow me to reword this…. Thank YOU for the meal!!
    But yeah, thanks for spending some time to talk about this issue here
    on your internet site.

46. Posted December 6, 2017

When someone writes an piece of writing he/she maintains the idea of
    a user in his/her brain that how a user can know it.
    So that’s why this article is amazing. Thanks!

47. Posted December 6, 2017

Hi colleagues, how is the whole thing, and what you wish for to
    say regarding this paragraph, in my view its in fact amazing in favor of me.

48. Posted December 6, 2017

Very shortly this site will be famous among all blog
    visitors, due to it’s good articles

49. Posted December 6, 2017

Thanks for every other excellent post. The place else may just anyone get that type
    of info in such an ideal way of writing? I have a presentation subsequent week, and
    I am at the search for such information.

50. Posted December 6, 2017

Some genuinely interesting details you have written.Assisted me
    a lot, just what I was searching for :D.

51. Posted December 6, 2017

I always was interested in this subject and still am, thanks for posting.

52. Posted December 7, 2017

You are my inspiration, I possess few blogs and sometimes run out from brand
    :).

53. Posted December 7, 2017

Wonderful blog! Do you have any tips for aspiring writers?
    I’m hoping to start my own site soon but I’m a little lost on everything.
    Would you propose starting with a free platform like WordPress or go
    for a paid option? There are so many choices out there that I’m completely overwhelmed ..
    Any tips? Bless you!

54. Posted December 12, 2017

Merely wanna comment on few general things, The website layout is perfect, the content is really fantastic :
    D.

55. Posted December 12, 2017

Yay google is my world beater helped me to find this outstanding website!

56. Posted December 21, 2017

I believe this is one of the so much significant information for
    me. And i am satisfied studying your article. However should remark on few normal issues,
    The web site taste is ideal, the articles is actually
    excellent :D. Good task, cheers.