Half French Braid Ponytail

This is a simple way to spice up any ponytail.

That is all.

Simple and stylish.

Looks like a plain ponytail from one side. . .

But a cute ponytail from the other side!

Shirt: J. Crew
Earrings: Elisabeth Ashlie (no longer available)

_________________________________________________________________

1. Ruth says
    Posted August 6, 2012

Thanks for sharing this Kate! I love this and will have to try it when my hair gets a bit longer. Right now it is a little past my collarbone. Also, I am trying to grow out my hair. So how often should I get a trim? Love your shirt, by the way!

2. Amy says
    Posted August 6, 2012

ah, I love this hairstyle. I often do it when I just need to throw up somethign cute! Looks great on you!

3. Posted August 6, 2012

ah so cute!!

4. Lisa says
    Posted August 6, 2012

I opened this post and went straight to the mirror to try it out! Thanks for my hairstyle today! 🙂

5. Anonymous says
    Posted August 6, 2012

I love the simplicity! looks great, I’m trying it today.

6. Posted August 6, 2012

This is such a great everyday look! I live he way your head works! Will have to try for work this week.
    http://www.kbunnylove. blogspot.com

7. Posted August 6, 2012

adorable look! you have the best hair! xo

8. Posted August 6, 2012

Love this pony look! Definitely going to have to try it out. Also, love that shirt. I think I have the exact same one and also in navy. They are the best everyday t-shirts.

9. Posted August 6, 2012

Very nice hairstyle! Will definitely try that somewhen 🙂

10. emc says
    Posted August 6, 2012

Love this, and anything with a braid! 🙂
    Love all the hair tutorials

11. Posted August 6, 2012

Can’t wait 2 try it out!!!
    I hav bn following ur blog 4 a while now & wanted 2 tell u that u def hav lost weight. U look fabulous !!!!

12. Jessica says
    Posted August 6, 2012

Very cute! I wish I wasn’t so clumsy with my fingers. I have such a hard time with braids. I’ve gotten some practice on my daughter’s hair, but doing mine own is a challenge.

13. Anonymous says
    Posted August 6, 2012

luv 🙂 i printed this pic for my “hair inspiration” i’m lettin her grow!!!

14. Posted August 6, 2012

If only I could master a French braid of any sort! This is one of my favorites so far – and I like pretty much all of your posts! Beautiful!

15. Posted August 6, 2012

I love this! What a great style. Very pretty a little bit over one shoulder, too. Thanks for sharing with us!

16. Katie says
    Posted August 6, 2012

Cute! Now I don’t want to get my hair cut short tomorrow like I was planning, haha.
    Love your shirt too; is this it? http://www.jcrew.com/womens_category/knitstees/vintagecottontees/PRDOVR~36183/36183.jsp
    Thanks!

17. Posted August 6, 2012

Great style, looks very chic and stylish. I may well try this for my meeting tomorrow.

x x

18. Anonymous says
    Posted August 6, 2012

Sorry, not cute. It looks like you forgot to do the other side – like it’s a badly done “milkmaid’s braid” ‘do…I think it would look a lot cooler if the braid was thinner – the thickness gives it that unfinished, assymetrical look. Concept is good, the application needs some work. But like your site.

• Katie says
      Posted August 7, 2012

This comment has been removed by the author.

• Jiminy says
      Posted August 7, 2012

Jealous much?

• Anonymous says
      Posted August 13, 2012

i disagree – it’s not “rude” to not like something & give feedback. It was constructive criticism given in a decent way. I didn’t like the style either – looked kind of old & haphazard, not edgy or hip. It’s a blog ppl – give genuine feedback, not buttkissing.

19. Jenna Timman says
    Posted August 6, 2012

I am going to have to find some clear elastic bands. I went to my local target and I could not find any.

• Anonymous says
      Posted August 13, 2012

The dollar store always has some if they’re in your area.

20. Posted August 7, 2012

Very cute hair style. I’ve tried the twist pony tail you did last week and it was a major FAIL. This one maybe too complicated for me.

Alice

21. Alix says
    Posted August 7, 2012

I am definitely trying this tomorrow. I think the braid trend is really fun. You have come up with so many creative ways to wear braids! This site definitely is my go to for all hair needs thanks!

22. Posted August 7, 2012

Such a lovely hair style Kate such a nice collection….
    🙂
    Specially third one from the top..

23. chelleybelle says
    Posted August 7, 2012

I just love your hair tutorials! they are always simple and easy to do:) thanks!!! I would love to see more:)

24. Joy says
    Posted August 7, 2012

I love this one!! I can’t wait to try this on my girls (and work up the skill to try it on myself!) – so cute!!

25. Posted August 7, 2012

Kate, thank you so much for posting some beautiful “up” hairstyles lately. It’s so hot that I haven’t worn my hair down in weeks! It’s nice to look stylish and cute even in a ponytail! I couldn’t do it without your videos!

26. Posted August 7, 2012

Very cute! Thanks for sharing!

27. 2busy says
    Posted August 7, 2012

So cute! I need to get better at creative hair styles. You know, beyond just the basics. Thanks for all your tutorials.

28. Posted August 8, 2012

I watched the video this morning, and tried it. I have long hair so it laid a little differently, but I put it up on my blog. Check it out! http://craftythriftysensible.wordpress.com/2012/08/07/a-spiced-up-ponytail/ Any tips/tricks would be helpful! thanks!

29. Posted August 8, 2012

i love your hair styles but i hate burning my hair ): . any tips on good heat protectors?

30. Posted August 10, 2012

Love your hair! Thanks for posting this tutorial. It’s fab!!

31. Anonymous says
    Posted August 13, 2012

I’m going to try this for tennis tonight. I hope I can do it! It’ll be a great way to keep it held back in the heat! 😀 Thanks Kate

32. Admin says
    Posted August 14, 2012

i like cars infect i like car racing i want to say that these type of cars are the best and the best cars around the world.these are rarely known cars in some countries like pakistan an india and other under developing countries.i like it really i like it very much.i want to spend my whole life to this field because this is fantastic and super cool job i like it. Hummer H3 Power Steering Rack

33. Posted August 14, 2012

Awesome hair tutorial!!!

34. Anonymous says
    Posted August 14, 2012

Very cute! Can you post a tutorial on how to french braid? I’ve been able to do most of your styles due to your great teaching ability but still a little fuzzy on the french braid…

35. Posted August 20, 2012

This comment has been removed by the author.

36. Posted August 20, 2012

Hi,
    So nice hair. I appreciate with your blog what you are providing here.
    Great!!!
    Thanking You
    human hair pony tails

37. Posted August 30, 2012

Love your blog… i have a bob but it is growing out… Cant wait to try some of these .. i am going to look into that texturizing stuff i have alot of hair so well see

38. Posted August 30, 2012

I really love.these blogs .. i have a little shorter bob then yours but i am letting it grow out again.. i can not wait to try all these.. i am looking into getting the texturizing spray ,i have alot of hair so we will see how it turns out ..

39. Posted August 30, 2012

40. shepick says
    Posted September 13, 2012

Love, love, love your blog!! Thank you so much for taking the time to do all these hair tutorials. All the cute little tips and tricks are wonderful, too!! By the way, I finally found the Aquage uplifting foam at a nearby salon, it’s awesome! 😉

41. shepick says
    Posted September 13, 2012

42. Posted September 26, 2012

I am in love with Hair Extensions! I have tried almost every method
    there is and I am in a constant search for news and evolvements in the hair extensions field.

43. Tiffany says
    Posted January 20, 2013

You make all of these hairstyles look so easy! 🙂 Very beautiful 🙂 thanks for sharing.

44. Mike says
    Posted September 21, 2013

you are awesome!

45. Posted February 13, 2014

Love this! Such a simple and cute idea 🙂

Eve & Faye x
    Eve & Faye x
    Sugar Spun Sisters – A blog about cosmetics, clothes & coeliac disease

46. Posted February 23, 2014

awesome ideas:) loving ur blog!!!
    Glad if you check my blog too

47. Harmony says
    Posted June 11, 2014

Wow! You are so creative. I’m so happy to have found your blog. Can’t wait to try these hairstyles, especially now that the hot and humid weather is here. Simple ponytails can get boring. Thank you for all the great ideas!!

48. Lauren says
    Posted September 16, 2014

I really like this. Although I can never tease my hair the way you can, Kate! It seems like teasing my crown hardly gives me any volume at all. How do you get it to stand straight up like that?!

49. A7laa says