Beauty 101 : Homemade Lip Exfoliator

Today’s Beauty 101 tip is a simple homemade lip exfoliatior. The lips normally get forgotten about when we exfoliate our face, but it only takes 2 household ingredients to polish those babies right up! Have you ever exfoliated your lips? It makes a huge difference in how your lipstick applies and lasts. It also simply makes your lips feel fantastic.

Add this to your routine at least twice a month to ensure beautiful lips! And definitely do this before wearing a bold lip color so your lipstick looks great all day!

Comments

Gorgeous, dahling!

I do this, too. It’s so much cheaper than buying a lip mask or a lip exfoliator. Sometimes I add in a little olive oil if my lips need some extra moisture.

• says

luv this…o..yes… i invite u to my club on cougarloving/com..its a community for cougars to seek their boyfriend..u know…if u r a cougar and do u have a boring life and every thing is no good..and im serious. This is good for u….seeking a toyboy for love and for ur heart!

Love how simple this recipe is! I’ve always purchased a product and used that at least once a month. But, with this homemade recipe – I can definitely use it more often. It seems so easy.
    Thanks for sharing.

aHeapeofLove.com/

Love this! What’s the policy on snacking on the leftover exfoliator…? ;)

I love doing my lip exfoliations right before bed. Then I put on some heavy duty lip balm and when I wake up in the morning I feel like a new woman! Right now I have the Mary Kay lip exfoliation set but I’ll have to try your homemade version after this runs out… looks like it works great and might be a bit lighter on the beauty budget! :)

Hi Kate! Love your blog, I check it daily for a little fun break during work. I noticed your knot earrings and I adore them! Please tell me where I may get a pair.
    Thank you!

This sounds so creepy since I’ve never met you but an avid blog follower (and thanks to your tutorials, so many compliments I’ve gotten!), but I barely recognized you in the last/finished product photo. You and your hubby must be definitely getting fit getting ready for the Tri-Race you two are doing soon! I always hate to say this over the internet because it can get misunderstood, but you look so fabulous and skinny! Just STUNNING!

Dried out lips are definitely on the top of my “How do I fix this” skin care problem, so thanks for an easy and affordable regimen!!!!!!!!!!

6. lawren says

What products do you use to have such a poreless face?? I have been trying everything but my pores are still visible..would love for you to do a post on your skincare!

7. Amanda says

Can you tell me what foundation you use and what color? I’ve been searching, searching for the perfect foundation…and coming up with bupkiss.

8. Anonymous says

Thanks so much for this tip!! Winter is already here in Northern Mn, and this works great!! Thanks Again!! :) ~ Betsy

Modern news, Supreme natural soaps! Using natural soap is the best thing for your skin because you are nourishing it with natural oils, not drying it out. The lather that our soap creates is extremely creamy & bubbly, leaving your skin feeling soft, smooth and moisturized.