Twisty Ponytail

With the heat these days, I find myself pulling my hair back in a ponytail more often than not. But sometimes I want it to look a little bit more styled than just pulling it back.
I tried this technique the other day, and it worked perfectly. It’s a little bit more interesting than just a ponytail, but keeps the hair off my neck!

Products/Tools:
Clear Elastics
Bobby Pins (professional quality) (shop at Sally Beauty Supply for quality pins)

Shirt: Target
Necklace: LightYear
Earrings: Francesca’s

Comments

I was desperate for some sort of updo that wasn’t just a boring ponytail (day old hair, bangs starting to look a little funky) and then you posted this right as I was trying to figure something out! My hair looks super cute today, thanks!

2. Anonymous says

Love it!! I have never been able to do it on my hair, I twist my daughter’s all the time! Now I know how to do it to myself!! Thanks for the great updo! It’s been sooooo unGodly hot, I can’t stand to have my hair on my neck….

Karna P.

3. Christine says

Kate, do you shower and curl your hair every morning or do you sometimes do these styles on second day hair. Your tutorials always look like you start with curled hair but I was not sure if that was fresh hair or day old. Thanks. Love this style.

4. Christine (again) says

Oh just had a crazy thought, could you combine this with the knot ponytail? I always love the way it looks like the ponytail is held with a knot. You could take the two sides that are twisted and do the little knot on top and then pin under…

Very cute! I was going to style my hair like that today after seeing your post but I burnt my neck pretty bad curling my hair! Of all days! And I actually haven’t burnt myself in awhile! Thank for posting! Love that color on you too :)

6. Ruth says

This is such a cute hairstyle!! Have you heard of the waterfall braid? Well, I’ve been trying to do it but it never works :/ Your tutorials are always so helpful so I was wondering if you could do a tutorial on that if you know how to do it.

7. Samantha says

Kate, I went to ulta to buy the redline product, and the stylist in their salon said redlin discontinued this product! :( is there something similar?

love the look! so chic and cute. I keep getting such awesome inspiration from your hair posts. I never used to care now I see that it’s easy. thanks! gigi. food and beauty blogger @www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

LOVELY! IT LOOKS EASY BUT ON STRAIGHT HAIR LIKE MINE, I’M NOT TOO SURE THOUGH. BUT IT WOULD BE NICE TO LEARN TO DO A SIMPLE TWIST/UP-DO FOR THAT SPECIAL OCCASION.

COME AND VISIT MY BLOG WHEN YOU CAN FIND TIME, I’D BE HONORED :)
    A SMALL BLOG WITH A BIG HEART!
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES where Fashion and Food collide!

Love! Your ideas are always super cute! One question I have (and I’m so sorry if you’ve answered it before) is what is the exact brand and type of bobby pins you buy? Every kind I try from Sally’s don’t seem to hold my hair!

I do the half flip ALL THE TIME, and I think this will be my new alternative :) Thanks!!

Have you ever thought about doing a tutorial at your salon? I’d love to see it :)

I started doing something similar to this style this summer. But I have never twisted the hair before adding it to the twist. I think I need to give that a try next time. I always get lots of compliments when i do this style and everyone thinks it is more complicated than it is. Thanks for all the great ideas!

i like cars infect i like car racing i want to say that these type of cars are the best and the best cars around the world.these are rarely known cars in some countries like pakistan an india and other under developing countries.i like it really i like it very much.i want to spend my whole life to this field because this is fantastic and super cool job i like it. Hyundai Azera Power Steering Rack