High Five for Friday!

It’s Friday! Time to go through the top 5 things of the week!

1. Fridays now feel like actual Fridays. I stopped working Saturday’s at the studio, and have really been enjoying a balanced schedule. Saturdays are awesome. It’s been 6 years since I’ve had Saturdays off, and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

2. Justin and I joined a new gym! I wish I didn’t t forget how great I feel when I work out. I sleep better, I’m not tired during the day. I end up eating better since I don’t want to make my workout worthless! It’s good to be back in the routine.

3. The video showing the service projects of ServeRDU is up! You may notice someone very familiar a few minutes into the video. (00:58)

ServeRDU 2012 Recap from Josh Sliffe on Vimeo.

This was a week where people from The Summit Church served throughout the Raleigh-Durham area. My sister and I were both at the Global Hope India service event making little bracelets for the children at risk.
It’s truly heartbreaking to think about the horrific circumstances that these children go through. And while making bracelets may only seem like a small thing, there is no reason to doubt that God can use it to work in these children’s lives.

4. I was so encouraged by your comments on yesterday’s post! If you are challenging yourself to shut it down, at whatever time you choose, I wish you success! So far I have had 1 successful day. And that was yesterday. πŸ™‚

5.  The drivers license arrived (click here for backstory) And it is pretty bad. Oh my poor hair.

ALSO, can we talk about my eyebrows? Those are not real. I swear they photoshoped those eyebrows in there! They look like Nintendo Wii brows.

How was your week? Link up with From My Grey Desk if you post a High Five for Friday post!

1. Jessica says
    Posted July 27, 2012

That’s wonderful that you and your sister made bracelets πŸ™‚ Those bracelets will make their day! Maybe even their year.

I love that you compared your eyebrows the a Wii character. Thank you! I needed that LOL to wake me up!

2. Posted July 27, 2012

I wish I looked that beautiful on a bad hair day (pic on driver’s license)!!!!!

3. Shaina says
    Posted July 27, 2012

That picture looks great! πŸ™‚

4. Meagan says
    Posted July 27, 2012

So, random connection (SUCH a small world). I am in Murfreesboro TN & have been following your blog for forever it seems. I didn’t know you were connected to The Summit. I attend a church here planted by people who came from the Summit, namely Trevor & Keva Atwood & Jeremy & Tori Young. Know any of those people? I know The Summit is huge so maybe not but thought I’d mention it. Crazy small world.

5. Posted July 27, 2012

Kate! Such a small world. I am going to take those bracelets to India with Global Hope India. We leave Tuesday. A big THANK YOU to you for serving! We serve an awesome God! πŸ™‚

6. Patrice says

Picture came out great.

7. Anonymous says
    Posted July 27, 2012

hey…ur “monday” hair isnt bad at all πŸ™‚

8. Posted July 27, 2012

Still a cute pic…..you should see my passport, no smile, the lighting…..very grim. I just read yesterday’s post and was very moved. You express these ideas so well and give a lot of food for thought…. Thanks !!!

9. Jackie Rachev says
    Posted July 27, 2012

There are days that after spending an hour or more curling and styling my hair I end up throwing it back because it wasn’t behaving. So, if your hair looked like that on your day off without styling, you’re doing ok in my book. πŸ™‚

10. Posted July 27, 2012

I actually love your pic. It’s natural and beautiful. You can totally rock the no makeup look. Own it!

11. Posted July 27, 2012

Your license picture isn’t bad at all! Seriously.

12. Posted July 27, 2012

the serveRDU video is awesome! love what y’all are doing!

13. Anonymous says
    Posted July 27, 2012

I didn’t even notice your hair, the first thing I noticed were the brows! Love it!

Posted July 27, 2012

Right?! The eyebrows are scary! πŸ˜‰

14. Jill says
    Posted July 27, 2012

Hooray for having Saturdays back and for joining a gym. Both are great πŸ™‚ Also, love that you made those bracelets. Your work will make some child very happy.

15. Posted July 27, 2012

of course your license photo is not even that bad. i was expecting much worse from the way you explained it.

me too!

16. Anonymous says

HE died for me…i’ll live for HIM +

17. Bethany says
    Posted July 27, 2012

I was so curious what you’d look like w o make up. You look gorgeous with it, so I thought maybe you were hiding something beneath it:) but you are stunning!!! You should go for the natural look more often. You are truly beautiful.

18. Meagan says
    Posted July 27, 2012

They did something to my eyebrows when I got my license photo back too! They made them WAY thicker and almost unibrow-ish. I was not happy!

19. Posted July 27, 2012

I think your license photo turned out way better than I’d imagined after reading your post the other day. πŸ™‚

me too ; )

20. Val says
    Posted July 27, 2012

I can’t wait to have Saturdays off! I’m an online grad student so Saturdays and Sundays are always filled with homework and tests. So jealous of your new actual weekends, but after 6 years…I think you were due!!

val
    The Daily Distraction

21. Rebecca says
    Posted July 27, 2012

Ok, as someone who is ruthlessly critical about my personal photos, I can imagine your horror at being told you were having your picture taken…but I promise you…your photo is not that bad!!!
    Now…who knew drivers license centers used PhotoShop!?! You think?? It’s hard to tell on my phone but is one of your brows “on top” of your bangs!?!? The Wii analogy made me lol.

22. Anonymous says
    Posted July 27, 2012

I think your photo looks great. You should see mine and I tried to look good in mine!

23. Rebecca says
    Posted July 27, 2012

P.S. I started my “7:00 Shut Down Challenge”! Day One: Success. πŸ™‚ Thank-you!!!

24. Posted July 27, 2012

I literally laughed out loud when you compared your eyebrows to a wii character. Not because it was true, but because it was totally random! LOL! Also- Working out is my addiction (which is great because while I’ve recently lost 40 lbs, I still have a ways to go on my journey!)

hahahaha!

25. Lydia says
    Posted July 27, 2012

I had to get my license replaced in December. That day, I had my hair cut and blown out, had my make-up done at Sephora (both scheduled intentionally for the driver’s license), and I still looked like a total goob! I think the DVM get a laugh out of making us look as ridiculous as possible. Oh well, only another 4 years with that picture!

26. Posted July 27, 2012

Great list! I agree with the working out.. I love how I feel afterwards and get so mad at myself when I get out of that routine! Everything seems to fall into place better when you’re in that routine. Happy Friday! Check out my Fab Friday Beauty Tip if you get some time πŸ™‚

27. Posted July 27, 2012

I love the 6pm shut down! Something I’ve done that has been a huge help is turning off my email notifications on the weekend. I still check from time to time but I’m not constantly pulling out my phone when we’re out having fun. It makes a huge difference in my time and helps me spend more time connecting with my fiance and family.

28. Heather says
    Posted July 27, 2012

Ha ha, your photo looks so great for a bad hair day! I’m getting a new one in December and can’t wait to get rid of the horrid photo that’s on there now.

I’m so glad you’re working out again! I, too, wish I would always remember how great I feel when I exercise regularly. I have been on the wagon for several months now, but I know I will fall off again someday. You’re right, though, I eat so much better and sleep better when I’m exercising. Such a great lifestyle thing to do.

29. Posted July 27, 2012

I totally get your DMV photo issue! I happened to be lucky and get a really good looking photo done when I lived in Boston. But then I moved to Wyoming and had to get a new one – I don’t look nearly as cute because I totally ran in really quick and kinda last minute one day (so I could do my voter registration).

Love the service projects! That’s so awesome!

30. Posted July 27, 2012

You still look pretty as can be, and your hair still has volume! I have serious hair envy!

31. Anonymous says

Your picture looks…tired. hahaha

32. Anonymous says
    Posted July 27, 2012

The ServeRDU video is a great inspiration to churches and communities throughout the country. I know that it inspired me to get involved within my community.

33. Robin says
    Posted July 27, 2012

lol Your comment about the eyebrows made me laugh out loud lol. I didn’t even notice until you said something. Your picture is not as bad as you think it is!

34. Posted July 27, 2012

Congrats on joining the gym! It always helps me stay on track with workouts if I have a membership to a gym.

35. Judy says
    Posted July 27, 2012

That’s not too bad of a picture, really. Probably not what you wanted but I look like my MOTHER in mine…yikes! But yeah, those are not your eyebrows. Do you think they really drew some in for you…so weird. I think they have a goal to make us look as horrid as possible; at least you smiled. Our DMV doesn’t allow smiling so the facial recognition works!

36. Posted July 27, 2012

Thanks for the laugh! Your Nintendo eyebrows comment was great.

37. Posted July 27, 2012

Just out of curiosity – how do you manage to find all this cute stuff at outlet stores? You must shop a ton to be able to find all these items that look so good on you. What is your secret? Do you take a ton into the dressing room and keep trying on till you find something you like, or do you shop with specific items in mind you are looking for?

38. Rachel Salinas says
    Posted July 27, 2012

Bahaha! Wii eyebrows! That is so funny!

39. Posted July 27, 2012

I have followed your blog for a while now, but now that I am new to the blogging world I wanted to officially follow you! I love your hair tutorials and tell lots of people about your blog!

40. Anonymous says
    Posted July 27, 2012

kate…you are beautiful! The picture is great! I only wish mine looked so good!

41. Posted July 27, 2012

That driver’s license picture looks great! πŸ™‚ And thanks for sharing the video, it’s so inspiring to see people reaching out to serve their communities!

42. Laura says
    Posted July 28, 2012

Kate-I think your DL picture is nice, you are very naturally pretty πŸ™‚

Thanks for being my new favorite blog!!

43. Posted July 28, 2012

Does anyone really have a fabulous license picture? When I was a teenager and had to update my license, I changed my weight from 125 to 127 (…oh those were the days…), but something went terribly awry and the weight listed on the license was 275! Hilarious!

44. Posted July 28, 2012

I love your blog! I found you a few months ago, forgot about you, then found you again! haha…anyway, I promoted you on my blog! The more exposure the better right? :]

45. Posted July 28, 2012

I think your drivers license picture looks great! At least you get to smile, here in Iowa we all look like a bunch of criminals since we can’t smile!

46. Posted July 28, 2012

God uses those bracelets in HUGE ways! That’s what He gives us talents for. And props for not working on Saturdays. It’s hard to give that up but for a more balanced life, I think it’s worth it. Wait til you have kids. Or til your cats start playing sports. You’ll want to be there! LOL

47. Anonymous says
    Posted July 28, 2012

I don’t know what you are talking about,your drivers license pic looks great:)
    Betsy

48. Hollind says
    Posted July 28, 2012

The pic is really not bad! Remember we’re always out worst critic!

49. Becky says
    Posted July 28, 2012

If you joined Lifetime, let me know! I can make some great group fitness recommendations :).

50. Fay says
    Posted July 29, 2012

WHAT? You get to smile *with teeth* on your DL picture? In Indiana we can’t show teeth! That’s it…I’m moving!

51. Lisa says
    Posted July 30, 2012

Your “bad” drivers license picture is way too good. I think you look cute!