3with30, Week Four

This week’s outfits were quick, comfy and simple. It was about 95 degrees when I took these photos, and it had just begun to rain. The humidity was at just about 2,000%.
I was hot.

But on days when I know it will be a little bit cooler, or if I’m going to be inside all day, I love wearing my rolled up jeans. I realize the only difference between the rolled up jeans and actual jeans is letting my ankles breathe, but I do feel like I stay cooler in these.
I love this green striped shirt from J.Crew for two main reasons:
1. It’s boat neck which is my favorite.
2. It’s 3/4 length sleeve, which is also my favorite.

If you have any questions about what I’m wearing, refer to the original 30×30 post!

Are you joining us? If so, be sure to link up over at From My Grey Desk! We’ll choose our favorite outfit the monday after the link up, and feature it during the next link up!

Comments

Hi Kate! I love LOVE your blog! You do such a great job on your tutorials. I have a question…I have hair that has the same amount of curl/wave that yours does, but you NEVER have frizz. I, however, have so much that it looks like I spend my summers in a sweat lodge. ;) Any recommendations for a good anti-frizz something? Anything? Thank you!! Have a great weekend!

Overall, what has your feeling been about 30×30? Really difficult? Fun? I’m so intrigued…. bc I don’t know if I could do it.

I felt like yesterday was the first day of relief us East Coasters have had from this heat. You had to be DYING taking these pics lol

CarissaExplainsItAll

Love your outfits! I really wish I had bought that color top from LOFT–I bought the ivory one but yours is pretty versatile! My favorites are also 3/4 length sleeves and boatneck tops :)

Great outfits! I found that light grey shirt in Loft and loved it! I wore it for the first time Monday and got a ton of compliments on it. I wore it tucked into a navy/grey pinstriped skirt from Gap Outlet and some peep-toe navy wedges. Had a pretty necklace from Loft too. I was just amazed at how comfortable that shirt is! So soft and perfect for summer with the sleeves rolled up.

Cute outfits! I love boatneck shirts too but don’t wear them because my bra straps always show. Is there a trick to keeping them hidden?

Ok dumb question! How do you keep your bra straps from showing with a boatneck shirt? I love the way they look but I never buy them for this reason! :) Thanks!

I would love to hear the boatneck bra answers as well…..I usually wear a tank top or cami and I safety pin my bra straps to it, and shove them both far out on my shoulders (and I have to keep doing this all day!. I have a large chest (and bra size) and I cannot do a strapless bra (unless I’m forced to for a special occasion). It works pretty well, until my toddler pulls on my clothes. I’d love to hear any new solutions!

8. Kansas City Chick says

cute color on you (the green boatneck). I cannot wear boatneck though because I have wider shoulders and a shorter neck so boatnecks always make me too fat/wider since boatnecklines brings the eye outwards.

I have over 225 blogs that I am now following (loosely) but they appear in my reader each day. I like to read usually in the mornings before work, and I pick and choose through them what I am in the mood to read. I think your blog is so incredibly fresh and different. Why? I don’t know, but you and your sister have something I can’t put my finger on. The last time I felt this way about someone it was the eighties and it was Martha Stewart. You two could really be the Martha Stewart for blogging, hair, beauty and home style. I am much older but keep coming back to view both your sites and they hold my interest! You both should be published. I would definitely purchase a book of hairstyles for myself and daughter. I am getting ready to look for my second home and would love some new decorating ideas.

So… First I’ll say that I went out yesterday and purposefully bought the eyeshadow (the Revlon) that you were talking about. Then I had a dream that I ran into you and your sister and all I could muster was “look I bought that eyeshadow” and proceeded to pull it out and show you guys. Sadly both of you eyed me like I was 50 shades of weird. I guess I need to lay off blogging before bedtime?

But no seriously… I think you need to document HOW you shop. And HOW you part with things you no longer need. I feel like I wear the same five shirts out of my stuffed closet (and technically since it’s summer and I’m off work, that’s probably true). But when I go out shopping I just feel really… overwhelmed. I never have a plan. You must have a plan to find such good stuff to put together. I need a “lady” intervention, I think. I’m too tomboy to do this!

I adore the grey top ensemble! So beautiful! I hope I can carry off that look when I’ve lost a bit more weight this coming summer (in Australia).
    xx Ren @ Renlish.com

Kate- new to your blog but so wishing I could style my hair like you do!! Do you work in north carolina..if so I must know where :)

13. Anonymous says

Hello, I am new to your blog, love it, I’ve been trying to do pretty much all of your hair styles on me, no too much luck there but I will keep trying, now I have a question what kind of jeans do you wear?