3with30, Week Four

This week’s outfits were quick, comfy and simple. It was about 95 degrees when I took these photos, and it had just begun to rain. The humidity was at just about 2,000%.
I was hot.

But on days when I know it will be a little bit cooler, or if I’m going to be inside all day, I love wearing my rolled up jeans. I realize the only difference between the rolled up jeans and actual jeans is letting my ankles breathe, but I do feel like I stay cooler in these.
I love this green striped shirt from J.Crew for two main reasons:
1. It’s boat neck which is my favorite.
2. It’s 3/4 length sleeve, which is also my favorite.

If you have any questions about what I’m wearing, refer to the original 30×30 post!

Are you joining us? If so, be sure to link up over at From My Grey Desk! We’ll choose our favorite outfit the monday after the link up, and feature it during the next link up!

1. Posted July 13, 2012

I really enjoy your blog and website. Great content…I try to do a blog myself where I work, but it’s hard to come up with original content everyday. Great job!

2. Posted July 13, 2012

I love the shoes in this post! Those sandals are so comfy too 🙂

Maria
    Dainty and Decadent

3. Posted July 13, 2012

LOVE this! i really love your simple style. it’s so classic!

4. Rebecca says
    Posted July 13, 2012

Love this! I am trying this challenge on my blog, Mommy in Heels, at almost 30 weeks pregnant! Thanks so much for the inspiration! 🙂

• Casie says
      Posted July 13, 2012

That’s awesome Rebecca! I know it’s really hard to feel originally cute when you have the same four shirts and two pants 😉

• Rebecca says
      Posted July 13, 2012

Thanks so much, Casie! I appreciate it!! Its amazing what inspiration you can get from other blogs, esp this one! Follow my blog, Mommy in Heels, if you want (you’d be my first follower as I am new to this whole blogging thing!!) Have a great day 🙂

Rebecca

5. Carrie says
    Posted July 13, 2012

Hi Kate! I love LOVE your blog! You do such a great job on your tutorials. I have a question…I have hair that has the same amount of curl/wave that yours does, but you NEVER have frizz. I, however, have so much that it looks like I spend my summers in a sweat lodge. 😉 Any recommendations for a good anti-frizz something? Anything? Thank you!! Have a great weekend!

6. Posted July 13, 2012

LOVE the green striped top. I think boat necks give women more elegant shoulders and I’m a big fan of that!

E x

7. Anonymous says
    Posted July 13, 2012

both tops r cute. u still look cute even in the heat 🙂

8. Amy says
  9. Rissy says
    Posted July 13, 2012

Overall, what has your feeling been about 30×30? Really difficult? Fun? I’m so intrigued…. bc I don’t know if I could do it.

I felt like yesterday was the first day of relief us East Coasters have had from this heat. You had to be DYING taking these pics lol

CarissaExplainsItAll

10. Lauren says

cutie cute!

11. Posted July 13, 2012

Oooh! The second outfit is my favorite — that shirt is adorable!

12. Posted July 13, 2012

You look beautiful! I love the one with the striped shirt. Very cute!

13. Jill says
    Posted July 13, 2012

Love your outfits! I really wish I had bought that color top from LOFT–I bought the ivory one but yours is pretty versatile! My favorites are also 3/4 length sleeves and boatneck tops 🙂

14. Jessica says
    Posted July 13, 2012

Great outfits! I found that light grey shirt in Loft and loved it! I wore it for the first time Monday and got a ton of compliments on it. I wore it tucked into a navy/grey pinstriped skirt from Gap Outlet and some peep-toe navy wedges. Had a pretty necklace from Loft too. I was just amazed at how comfortable that shirt is! So soft and perfect for summer with the sleeves rolled up.

15. Nichole says
    Posted July 13, 2012

Cute outfits! I love boatneck shirts too but don’t wear them because my bra straps always show. Is there a trick to keeping them hidden?

16. Miriam says
    Posted July 13, 2012

I LOVE your jeans, where can I find them?

17. Posted July 13, 2012

Boatneck is my favorite too 🙂 I love the outfits. I think you have amazing style.

18. Posted July 13, 2012

The stripped top is adorable! Boatneck is really flattering, love it!

Lindsay @
    LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

19. Robin says
    Posted July 13, 2012

Ok dumb question! How do you keep your bra straps from showing with a boatneck shirt? I love the way they look but I never buy them for this reason! 🙂 Thanks!

20. Posted July 13, 2012

I would love to hear the boatneck bra answers as well…..I usually wear a tank top or cami and I safety pin my bra straps to it, and shove them both far out on my shoulders (and I have to keep doing this all day!. I have a large chest (and bra size) and I cannot do a strapless bra (unless I’m forced to for a special occasion). It works pretty well, until my toddler pulls on my clothes. I’d love to hear any new solutions!

21. Anonymous says

i only see 2 outfits?

Posted July 13, 2012

yep, thats all I got to this week

22. Kansas City Chick says
    Posted July 13, 2012

cute color on you (the green boatneck). I cannot wear boatneck though because I have wider shoulders and a shorter neck so boatnecks always make me too fat/wider since boatnecklines brings the eye outwards.

23. Posted July 13, 2012

Love the green stripes! So fresh.

24. Posted July 13, 2012

I have over 225 blogs that I am now following (loosely) but they appear in my reader each day. I like to read usually in the mornings before work, and I pick and choose through them what I am in the mood to read. I think your blog is so incredibly fresh and different. Why? I don’t know, but you and your sister have something I can’t put my finger on. The last time I felt this way about someone it was the eighties and it was Martha Stewart. You two could really be the Martha Stewart for blogging, hair, beauty and home style. I am much older but keep coming back to view both your sites and they hold my interest! You both should be published. I would definitely purchase a book of hairstyles for myself and daughter. I am getting ready to look for my second home and would love some new decorating ideas.

25. Posted July 13, 2012

I love those wedges. Very simple and classic.
    xo,

26. Lizzie says
    Posted July 14, 2012

Super cute outfits! Love your style 🙂

27. Posted July 14, 2012

So… First I’ll say that I went out yesterday and purposefully bought the eyeshadow (the Revlon) that you were talking about. Then I had a dream that I ran into you and your sister and all I could muster was “look I bought that eyeshadow” and proceeded to pull it out and show you guys. Sadly both of you eyed me like I was 50 shades of weird. I guess I need to lay off blogging before bedtime?

But no seriously… I think you need to document HOW you shop. And HOW you part with things you no longer need. I feel like I wear the same five shirts out of my stuffed closet (and technically since it’s summer and I’m off work, that’s probably true). But when I go out shopping I just feel really… overwhelmed. I never have a plan. You must have a plan to find such good stuff to put together. I need a “lady” intervention, I think. I’m too tomboy to do this!

28. Ren says
    Posted July 14, 2012

I adore the grey top ensemble! So beautiful! I hope I can carry off that look when I’ve lost a bit more weight this coming summer (in Australia).
    xx Ren @ Renlish.com

29. M says
    Posted July 15, 2012

Kate- new to your blog but so wishing I could style my hair like you do!! Do you work in north carolina..if so I must know where 🙂

30. Posted July 15, 2012

Beautiful, as always! Loving the Adina with the grey top, Kate!

31. Anonymous says
    Posted July 30, 2012

Hello, I am new to your blog, love it, I’ve been trying to do pretty much all of your hair styles on me, no too much luck there but I will keep trying, now I have a question what kind of jeans do you wear?