30×30, Week Six

My goal with this weeks outfits was to wear something light, cool, and as comfortable as possible in the heat.
So skirts it is!
And light colors. In fact, no color at all actually.

When I got my camera out to take these photos, Grits came flying out from wherever he was in order to set up camp in my “photo zone”.
When I take photos inside, this is the only place that the lighting is bright enough.
And apparently the only place where Grits wants to lay at that very moment.
I politely asked him to move but. . .
So, I gave up and decided to leave him back there for the duration of the pics.
It also turns out that I match him. How cute of us.

I’m not typically a “belt over the clothes on 100 degree days” kind of girl, but this outfit really needed it. It’s another option besides tucking in, and allowed for a little bit more freedom with this top.

This last outfit is probably my favorite. Although apparently Grit’s hated it and couldn’t even stand being in the same photo with it.

You may notice that this grey skirt is different from the original skirt in the first 30×30 post.
I got bleach on that other skirt, so I needed to replace it with a similar skirt asap. The original was from J.Crew outlet, and this one is from J.Crew outlet.
I like the original more, especially since this skirt is “insta-wrinkle”. I mean, you look at it and it wrinkles. I hate that.
But, it’s a grey skirt. And I’ll probably wear it to death like I did my last one.

Are you doing a 30×30 challenge with us? There are basically no rules, but some guidelines are on my original post!
Link up with From My Grey Desk if you are participating!

**all the sources for the items I’m wearing can be found here.

1. Kari says
    Posted July 25, 2012

Cute outfits & the little kitty in the background!

2. Carla says
    Posted July 25, 2012

I love that your sweet kitty is in the photos! FUN FUN FUN!

3. Jaime says
    Posted July 25, 2012

Where did you get that BEAUTIFUL armoire/tv stand?????

4. Posted July 25, 2012

What lipstick are you wearing in the pics? Great outfit:-)

5. Posted July 25, 2012

I love that you match your cat! Very cute. The middle outfit is my fave although they all look nice on you.

E x

6. Amy says
    Posted July 25, 2012

Great outfits, love your kitty all stretched out.

7. Jessica says
    Posted July 25, 2012

Great outfits! You have little accents of color on your nails and lips. I love the versatility of that sleeveless blouse too!

8. Anonymous says
    Posted July 25, 2012

Have you thought about dyeing your skirt that you got bleach on?

9. Posted July 25, 2012

all three look light and airy. You look fab girl! xo

10. Anonymous says
    Posted July 25, 2012

What brand/color is the paint on your wall. Love It!

11. Alissa says
    Posted July 25, 2012

I agree with you, I like the last one the best!

12. Posted July 25, 2012

Love all of your outfits for 30×30! I am hoping that you and Lauren would do a Fall/winter 30×30 when it comes around.

13. Posted July 25, 2012

I LOVE the second outfit. Super cute

14. Posted July 25, 2012

I just wanted to say that you are the cutest ever!!

I read you blog all the time and Ive never commented but I adore it!

Thanks for all the hair tutorials too! THey are slowly changing my life!!

15. Barb says
    Posted July 25, 2012

Love the outfits! By the way, what is the name of the color you have your walls? Looks like a mossy kind of green color. Love it!

16. Amy Sue says

You look really tan! 🙂

17. Amy Sue says

You look really tan! 🙂

18. Posted July 25, 2012

kate, can u tell me that paint colour that is on the walls!!!!!!
    you look great as always!

19. Kinsey says
    Posted July 25, 2012

Love the Grits pictures – my pets are like that too, and my dog is the worst. I have some funny pictures from Halloween a few years back where he kept trying to sneak into the background while I photographed my husband. Crazy pets!

20. Posted July 25, 2012

ha my pup does the same thing! at least you guys match! love the outfits 🙂

21. Posted July 25, 2012

Look beautifully fab as always!

Rebecca, Mommy in Heels

22. Posted July 25, 2012

Who takes your pictures for you? Do you take them yourself? They always look so good!

23. Posted July 25, 2012

love that 2nd gray skirt! so cute!!

24. ....... says
    Posted July 25, 2012

love these outfit posts! this challenge is so inspiring to me. I have read all the others and have really been pulling things out of my closet and getting creative lately because of this. thanks! gigi. food and beauty blogger @ http://www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

25. Posted July 25, 2012

I totally agree. Light colored clothing and light airy skirts or dresses are the way to go in steamy hot summer days. You look great in all of these outfits. Thanks for the fashion inspiration!

26. Kenzie says
    Posted July 25, 2012

You look FAB as always Kate! Love seeing these outfits from you each week!

Take care!

XO,
    Kenz

lifeaccordingtokenz@gmail.com

27. Anonymous says
    Posted July 26, 2012

What are some good ways to secure the end of a belt so it isn’t flopping all over? I’ve tried using “glue dots” from my scrapbooking supply & they work OK, but I haven’t seen any thoughts out there about belts.

• kris says
      Posted July 26, 2012

I always tuck the end under or create a loose loop/knot. Or buy belts a couple sizes too small so the end is really short 🙂

Kristina
      kristinadoestheinternets.blogspot.com

28. Anonymous says
    Posted July 26, 2012

Love the grey skirt and wall color, what is it??

29. Posted July 26, 2012

I found your blog through pintrest and have been watching your You Tube tutorials. I have learned SO MUCH! I have great hair and similar style to yours. Thank you so much for doing the videos. I can’t even begin to tell you how much this has helped me! I’m adding you to my favorites to read daily now. 🙂

30. Posted July 26, 2012

This post made me laugh and laugh. I just love your wit in this post & of course, your outfits too!

31. Posted July 26, 2012

These outfits are so cute, the second on is my favorite; that blouse is so pretty. And Grits is the cutest name for a cat I have ever heard! 🙂

32. candace says
    Posted July 26, 2012

crazy comment but how did you get your bed skirt on your bed? or find one to fit.. i have that same bed….

33. Kathryn says
    Posted July 26, 2012

Of course he didn’t like the last outfit… it’s the only one where you didn’t match him! 🙂

34. Posted July 26, 2012

The belted blouse is probably my favorite, but I hear ya on the hot weather! I do love the last one as well. Very cute way to subtley change outfits while keeping the same light and airy feel!

35. Posted July 26, 2012

I am also wondering about the paint– it is exactly what I’m looking for!

36. Posted July 30, 2012

super cute outfits, love the kitty in the background.

37. Devin says
    Posted July 30, 2012

Maybe I missed it but have you shown what 30 pieces are you going to incorporate into this challenge? Or if you haven’t done that, could you show that at the end of the challenge?

• Devin says
      Posted July 30, 2012

Nevermind, I found it. Thanks!