30×30, Week Six

My goal with this weeks outfits was to wear something light, cool, and as comfortable as possible in the heat.
So skirts it is!
And light colors. In fact, no color at all actually.

When I got my camera out to take these photos, Grits came flying out from wherever he was in order to set up camp in my “photo zone”.
When I take photos inside, this is the only place that the lighting is bright enough.
And apparently the only place where Grits wants to lay at that very moment.
I politely asked him to move but. . .
So, I gave up and decided to leave him back there for the duration of the pics.
It also turns out that I match him. How cute of us.

I’m not typically a “belt over the clothes on 100 degree days” kind of girl, but this outfit really needed it. It’s another option besides tucking in, and allowed for a little bit more freedom with this top.

This last outfit is probably my favorite. Although apparently Grit’s hated it and couldn’t even stand being in the same photo with it.

You may notice that this grey skirt is different from the original skirt in the first 30×30 post.
I got bleach on that other skirt, so I needed to replace it with a similar skirt asap. The original was from J.Crew outlet, and this one is from J.Crew outlet.
I like the original more, especially since this skirt is “insta-wrinkle”. I mean, you look at it and it wrinkles. I hate that.
But, it’s a grey skirt. And I’ll probably wear it to death like I did my last one.

Are you doing a 30×30 challenge with us? There are basically no rules, but some guidelines are on my original post!
Link up with From My Grey Desk if you are participating!

**all the sources for the items I’m wearing can be found here.

Comments

Love the outfits! By the way, what is the name of the color you have your walls? Looks like a mossy kind of green color. Love it!

Love the Grits pictures – my pets are like that too, and my dog is the worst. I have some funny pictures from Halloween a few years back where he kept trying to sneak into the background while I photographed my husband. Crazy pets!

I totally agree. Light colored clothing and light airy skirts or dresses are the way to go in steamy hot summer days. You look great in all of these outfits. Thanks for the fashion inspiration!

4. Anonymous says

What are some good ways to secure the end of a belt so it isn’t flopping all over? I’ve tried using “glue dots” from my scrapbooking supply & they work OK, but I haven’t seen any thoughts out there about belts.

• says

I always tuck the end under or create a loose loop/knot. Or buy belts a couple sizes too small so the end is really short :)

Kristina
      kristinadoestheinternets.blogspot.com

I found your blog through pintrest and have been watching your You Tube tutorials. I have learned SO MUCH! I have great hair and similar style to yours. Thank you so much for doing the videos. I can’t even begin to tell you how much this has helped me! I’m adding you to my favorites to read daily now. :)

6. candace says

crazy comment but how did you get your bed skirt on your bed? or find one to fit.. i have that same bed….

Maybe I missed it but have you shown what 30 pieces are you going to incorporate into this challenge? Or if you haven’t done that, could you show that at the end of the challenge?