30×30, Week Five

I had one little day this past week to take my 30×30 pics and that happened to be yesterday.

After I had already shot my next hair tutorial.
And I try to keep those quiet until Monday’s so I thought about posting all my pics today like this:

EXCEPT—what it wrong with this picture?

I spelled peek wrong. Dang it. But I’m sitting at my laptop (without photoshop) and I can’t fix it. Don’t judge. Maybe I’m just trying to get this Twitter user riled up again: @StealthMountain
He’s tweeted at me a time or two.
Anyway, consider yourselves warned. This hairstyle is next week’s hair tutorial!

On to the outfits. . .

I find myself wanting to wear my pink skirt a lot. Most of the tops I chose for my 30×30 will pair nicely with this skirt, so it’s easy to work with.

A typical outfit for me involves stripes. And cropped jeans.

I was feeling brave (and bright!) for my last outfit. This is quite the colorful combination, but somehow I think it works. Since I was wearing pink + coral from head to toe, I had to wear my Adina Necklace from Stella & Dot. I mean, it just fit perfectly!

I’ve enjoyed the 30×30 Challenge so far! Most of the items I chose are simple enough that they can easier be matched with each other. And it has made me think outside of the box when it comes to different combinations!

See the original 30×30 post for info on where each item is from

Are you joining us? If so, be sure to link up over at From My Grey Desk! We’ll choose our favorite outfit the monday after the link up, and feature it during the next link up!

Comments

I’m wearing that skirt right now! Though I got it in poppy. It’s AMAZING how much goes with it. I’m glad I’m not the only one trying it in different ways.

2. Kate says

I love your blog! I already have several of the same pieces that you feature. We shop at all of the same places! Thanks for some more great ideas…and for all the links to where things were purchased. Just ordered the teal jcrew bauble necklace off of ebay. Cannot wait to get it!!

3. Anonymous says

I’ve been reading you blog for awhile now and haven’t yet commented. Yours is one of the first ones I look at because its my fav! Love the striped tank and that last look! And… that stealthmountain guy is hilarious…I wanna tweet sneak peak just to see if he’ll correct me :)

4. Anonymous says

Hi Kate,
    I love your hairstyle. I want to get mine cut like that, can you please tell me what style is it called? What should I tell the hairstylist to cut as.
    Thanks
    Pearl

5. Amanda fithian says

Hahaha!! That’s all he tweets about? Correcting people about spelling it peak and not peek? “stealth mountain”…. That’s fantastic. I’m going to think of that every time I read/write that.

6. Anonymous says

To the viewer, it appears that you mostly have solid colored pieces in your wardrobe but when you do throw on a pattern, it’s in a top. Is this a true perception?