My office has become quite the explosion of pink/coral and grey. And I love it.
I needed little something to go above my desk in the office so my sister and I created our very own yarn garland.
It was a quick and relatively painless task. And I already owned almost all of the yarn that we used!
I’m sure you can figure out how I did it by looking at it, but I’ll talk you through it in case that helps.
DIY Yarn Garland
1. Cut strips of yarn to desired length. I chose longer and slimmer “bunches” but my sister went with shorter and fluffier ones.
2. Lay a few pieces (3) of yarn down–this will be the main string that the bunches are attached to. Fold a bunch of yarn over the main string. Place a smaller string parallel to the main string and wrap it around the bunch until it’s secure.
3. Tie in a knot.
4. Keep cats away from yarn at all times. Good luck with that one.
5. Watch cat’s exhaust themselves right into a nap.
6. Continue tying bunches until your string is complete!
A simple craft that really spices up a room! This would be great to have on hand to use for a party, or to give as a house-warming gift. Or be like me and hang it in your office!