High Five for Friday

It’s Friday again, and you know what that means: High Five for Friday! Link up with Lauren From My Grey Desk if you do a High Five for Friday post

1. Finally got a chance to run out to Anthroplogie and use a gift card that I received at Christmas. And Anthro happened to be having a sale. I picked up a few home accessories, a pad of paper, some charms to make a keychain, and a solid fragrance stick. I know what you are thinking, “Kate! How did you not buy any clothes!”. And I’ll tell you. . . I’ve actually never bought clothes at Anthro. They are kind of expensive, and not really my style. They are beautiful, and fun to look at though. But I’m a sucker for all of their accessories, including this guy that’s about to be added to my desk.

2. On that same shopping trip, my sister and I wandered into the rest of the mall and found some cute bangles from J.Crew & Nordstrom.

3. My husband started his job on Monday. He’s a real working’ man now. I’m proud of him. He wears a suit, and came home with a brief case and a work laptop. And he’s already been on a business trip. Thankfully those won’t happen too often.

4. When my husband is gone, Gravy gets really snuggly with me. Usually he spends as much time as he can on my husbands lap, but when his only choice is mine, I guess a lap is a lap. So he curls up on me every morning while I eat my cereal and watch the news. And every morning the battle of “gravy’s paw vs. the milk in the bowl” commences. We never feed our cat’s human food, but that man in seriously curious about milk. And he really wants to stick his paw in it. This battle lasts for about 5 minutes, until I set the bowl out of reach and he falls asleep.

5. I bought some new eye cream on sale at Target. And it smells amazing. In fact, I was getting ready for bed last night and I kept thinking, “Man I smell great. What is that amazing smell?” It was a new smell and I could not figure out the source. I was looking for a Glade Plug In, to see if that was it. I went over and smelled my detergent to see if it just became really fragrant for some reason. I could not figure it out. Until finally, I remembered. Eye Cream, you fool. The closest thing to your nose.
Anyway, I’ve only used it twice, but I’ll let you know if I love the results as much as the aroma.

Have a great weekend!

Comments

I’d have to agree with you when it comes to Anthro’s clothes but I do LOVE their accessories! Just wish there was one nearby in ol’ Panama City, Florida :( I have some moisturizer from Olay that also smells AMAZING! Happy Friday :)

2. Anonymous says

Haha I do that with new scents all the time. And it usually takes me a good while to figure out what it is.

I am exactly the same about Anthro. I LOVE their kitchen and home stuff, but never really get into their clothes. Happy Friday =)

You scored finding that watch at Target!! Super cute bangles.. my have is the tiny gold one from Nordy’s!!

Congrats on the new job!!! Our guys are always so happy when they find permanent work… it surely doesn’t come easy any more!!

Happy Friday!

xo,
    Bev

Aren’t cats funny?! My cat is the same way with glasses of cold water. If I turn my back for a second I’ll find him sticking his paw in it.

Congratulations to your husband on his new job! And I kind of need to try that eye cream, if not just for the smell.

Have a great weekend!

you made me laugh out loud when you talked about your eye cream smelling good… that’s hilarious!! not being able to figure it out lol! Aww. I love your bangles… i feel the same way you do about Anthro!! I think I’ve only gotten a few dresses from there in the past, that’s it. Nothing day-to-day :) So happy for your husband, yay!

I had to laugh about your cat…mine does the same thing! She jumps in my husband’s lap as soon as he sits down, most of the time, but never mine. But he works long hours in the summer, so she’s been doing it to me lately. Even though I know I’m just a replacement cuddle, it makes me happy :-)

I love Anthro for home accessories! Their clothes is cute but not my style either. Cute about your cat! Congrats to your hubby’s new job!

Love the bangles! Anthropologie scares me a bit – I can’t imagine paying that much for clothes, but I’ve never spent much time in their accessories/home goods section. Happy weekend!

Kate, can you do a post about general “healthy hair 101″? Basically just tips for promoting hair growth and preventing breakage and stuff, and maybe product recommendations to go with that?

I love Anthropologie for the same reasons! The closest one to us is in Chicago and thankfully we’ll be there soon so I can get my fix.

Haha. What’s that smell? Oh it’s my FACE. That’s something I would totally do. Now I want to go try out that good smelling face cream. And I love those bangles!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the bangles! I never wear bracelets, yet I love them. I think I need to work on that. :) I linked for the first time this week, thanks to your post. I’m looking forward to having my weekly memories to look back on now! Hope you have a great weekend!

Hi Kate,

I’m a new follower from Germany and
    I LOVE YOUR BLOG!
    Today I will go to a stag party and now it’s time to style my hair. I hope I can reproduce one of your hair tutorials ;-)
    Let’s see.

Greetings from Düsseldorf.

Alex

Kate,
    As a fellow Northern girl (Chicago area) moved south (Georgia)- I have to agree, I love the Olay cream as well. I even had my husband smell it one night to see if he liked it as much as I did- he agreed it smells amazing!!! Haha- love the blog- you are great- keep up the great work.

Hey Kate! I was curious what you thought about the eye cream. You’ve inspired me to up my beauty routine (which is sadly only soap, water, baking soda/oatmeal scrub, and moisturizer). I’m looking for a good eye cream to care for my ‘love lines’ under my eyes. Do you have a suggestion?

Thanks for all you do to inspire us! :)

–April

Love the jewelry! I only wish we had an Anthropologie shop here in Lexington; however, we have a Francesca’s which is really super close and I LOVE that store! I have to admit, I first heard about Anthropologie when I was “stalking” Giada on food network and found out her husband works for them! I check their website from time to time, but can never have the nerve to actually order anything. Love Giada, love Francesca’a and love Small things blog!

The best present I got this year would palorbby be my new blackberry, or a pair of louboutin ankle boots my mom gave me. I think that’s very sweet of her, I love shoes.ps. polaroid camera is such an awesome gift. I haven’t had one and always want to. I need to scour the vintahe shops one of these days.pss. I noticed you’re a blog friend / reader of Cheryl from Confession Of Twenty Something Years Old. Me and a bunch of friends are trying to get her to be featured in 20SB for February. So if you have an account in 20-Something Bloggers please help vote for her. All you have to do is visit here and write I vote for Cheryl from Confession Of Twenty-Something Years Old or I second this nomination thanks so much before, I hope you participate!

AWESOME!! thank you!!! i will add you to my blogroll and all that fun stuff but if you don’t mind i think i’ll add it to my tgnaly blog, as i’m trying to keep CDTW related to travel content! hope that didn’t sound snarky. i totally dig it.also, leonard cohen live? best thing i’ve ever heard, hands down. i cried through at least three of his songs.