And yet again, it’s Friday.

Hope you all had a wonderful week!

I have one of those unexpectedly busy, can barely keep my head above water, weeks. Hate those.

But regardless of all that, there are definitely 5 cool things that happened this week too!

1. I figured out how to style my hair similar to Emily from The Bachelorette. Not really curled, but not straight. I’m sure there will be a tutorial soon. :)

2. I joined the She Reads Truth community! For any information about it, click here

3. I’m so excited to embark on the 30×30 challenge with my sister. Read more about it here. And join us! We’d love to see what you can create from your closet! I’ve already started to think outside the box even with items that aren’t included in my 30!

4. Birchbox has a really cool box coming out in July. They have partnered with Glamour Magazine and chosen samples that represent the 5 Sense’s of Summer. Check out more information about it here.
(if you already get Birchbox, you’ll get this box in July!)

5. Did my sister’s hair yesterday. We added some caramel lowlights, and did a “cafe au lait” glaze at the end too. The result? A darker, warmer, and richer blonde.
Check her out:

If you write a High Five for Friday post as well, be sure to link up over at  From My Grey Desk

Comments

Cant wait to see Hair tutorial of Emily. I’ve watched her on Bachelorette and saw her on Bachelor with Brad too. Im waiting to get in subscribe list for Birchbox. Hope that I can get July kit!

2. Anonymous says

Thank you for sharing the “She Reads Truth” site! As a “newer-ish” young Christian woman it’s nice to see what resources other women in my age group are finding/using/seeking. A lot of times at our church I feel like there aren’t really many other women in my age group without kids to relate to. It seems like there is a lot for young 20′s college-age unmarried and over 30′s with kids but not for us in between those stages of life. So thanks!

• says

I agree with Anonymous above, Thank you So much for sharing “She Reads Truth”! I hadn’t heard of it before, but it was such a thing for me! Exactly what I need.

I’m looking forward to the tutorial! I love her hair, and yours.

Also, I joined the she reads truth community this week too!

Happy Friday :)
    Alyssa
    alyssagrier.blogspot.com

Oooh I would love a tutorial on the hair! I cannot figure out for the life of me to get my hair to look like this!

Laure’s hair looks beautiful btw!

I love these posts, I think it’s so important to find the good even in the most stressful of weeks so it is heartwarming to read other people’s high points too!

Your sisters hair looks beautiful!

alice
    shinyprettythings-alice.blogspot.co.uk

x

you tempt me more and more with your posts about birchbox! my friend and i started making/swapping our own birchboxes! but i may just have to buy the real deal! also-thanks for sharing the “she reads truth” info…i’m now in love with it as well! if nothing else, realize that your blog (just by putting something like that on it), is showing and sharing your love for the Lord with who knows how many people!

From the spoilers I’ve seen, it looks like July’s BB is going to be all the left over stuff from the past few months. Hoping that’s not true and they come up with some amazing boxes!

Kate, I just laughed out loud…I saw Emily’s hair Monday night and actually thought to myself, “I wonder if I could email Kate and ask her how to get this “look”?” Ha Ha!! Great minds think alike!! Will be anxiously awaiting THAT hair tutorial…I love the curly hair look but feel like I either wear mine that way or straightened…ready for another “style” that I can wear when it’s down!!!! Thanks for all your work on our behalf! :)

Love love love the She Reads Truth. I just clicked on your link and checked it out. It’s such a good idea. Yay for encouraging each other! :)

I’d love to see the hair tutorial. After vowing not to, I’ve totally been sucked into The Bachelorette this season. She’s just so adorable it’s hard not to.

One of these days I’m going to have to finally get a Birchbox – they look like so much fun!

Kate!

I’ve been following your blog for a few months now, and I just have to say how incredibly fabulous I think you are :) Seriously — your style is so adorable!!!!!

Kate, you are such a remarkable person. I only wish that I could meet you in person. I guess I’ll have to wait until we meet in heaven!I love the Lord with my whole heart and it is so neat to see your testimony come through on your blog.I enjoy reading it every morning. I too, will be checking out the She reads Truth link. Love your blog and all your tips. Keep up all the good works you do!

So happy you’re reading with us!! And also? Cannot wait for that tutorial. I need to know how to do my hair like Emily’s!!

Also also? Need to check out the 30×30!!

13. Anonymous says

Love your blog! One of my friends here in WA told me about your blog…it has been SO great & fun to get new hair/makeup/clothes ideas. For a 41 yr old mommy of 2 sweet girls I definelty need some new ideas. Thanks! :)

That is funny, I was watching The Bachelorette on monday thinking…”hmmm I wonder how she does her hair?”. And then I thought of your blog.

I TOTALLY need that hair tutorial in my life. I can’t do curly hair but that not quite curled/wavy look looks fantastic.

Well, that makes me wish I hadn’t stopped my Birchbox subscription!

I did the first five months of the year and just stopped. My last three boxes weren’t worth even $10. I had really good ones in the beginning.

This one looks amazing!

I saw the she reads truth link on her and joined up :-) I need accountability when it comes to getting in the word, so I hope this will help me! Thank you for sharing :-)

So glad you said something about Emil’s hair! I have been wanting to learn how to do it and actually thought about emailing you asking for a tutorial on it! Cant wait to see one!!!

So loving your blog!! Thank you for posting the She Reads Truth link (love me a fellow Godly woman who struggles with real life the way I do) and the Birchbox link. You are a blessing :)

Okay! I’m caving…. I have no idea how to “link up”! I would love to do 5 great things from my Friday, but I don’t have a clue how! I’ve tried lots of silly little things, and have yet to be successful. Any hits, so I can jump on the bandwagon?