What’s in My Purse Series

I think you can tell a lot about a woman by what she carries in her purse. So, in order to introduce you to some of my favorite bloggers, I thought we would peek into their purses and see what they carry around with them all day.

I’ll start.

Here’s the truth:

This is what my purse really looks like. Total mess, all the time. But for the sake of blogging and clarity, I divided out my items to showcase each one. And it gave me a perfectly good reason to clean out my purse too.

Lately I’ve been carrying my creamy white Kate Spade outlet (plus it was on sale) bag. My mom bought this for me last winter and I love it.

The wallet was purchased at the same time as the bag. And so was the card case.
The yellow card case is from Allisa Jacobs. Basically, I love everything she makes. The other card case is an old Vera Bradley.

The pill pouch is originally a contact lens case. I just took out the plastic insert and it was perfect for carrying around advil. The checkbook cover is from Allisa Jacbos. The sunglasses case is from H&M recently and was about $3.00. And that’s my work phone down at the bottom.

I always have a little bit of powder on me in case I need a touch up. And I usually have a variety of gum as well. The adorable tissues are from the Michaels dollar section. My personal phone is the iPhone. That notepad is from Target, bought for me by my sister. And the Jonathon Adler pen is from Home Goods!

I always have band-aids do to random blisters or nicking myself at work. The lipstick/gloss pouch is from The Pleated Poppy*. It’s perfect for keeping all the lip products together so they don’t sink to the bottom of the bag. The hand cream came in a Birchbox a few months ago and smells delicious. I always have bobby pins and hairspray. I mean, do I need to explain why? ;)

*would you like 15% off at The Pleated Poppy shop? Enter code “SMALLTHINGS” at checkout!

I hope you enjoyed peeking into my purse! Be sure to check back this week to see what these bloggers carry with them:
Lauren — From My Grey Desk
Katy —  KatyLoves
Hayley — The Tiny Twig
Lindsey — The Pleated Poppy
Jess — AlloraHandmade
Carrie — Chasing Big Dreams
Maggie — Gussy Sews
Allyson — Allyson Recipe Ranger

Comments

Kate, I’m intrigued by the 3 card cases. What do you keep in there? Business cards or gift cards or frequent-shopper cards?

I really want to do a similar post now for my blog! Cute idea.

You make me want to clean out my purse and add more fun things to it instead of receipts and random paper scraps. I am also now in love with The Pleated Poppy. If only I can convince the husband to let me buy things that I don’t really need.

I love all your cute little pouches and bags and such! I need a card holder, too. I think I’ll check into that Kate Spade one! Is your work phone for your salon job or your blogging job? I’m sure you had to make lots of changes once things really got up and running… I hope to get that busy someday! :)

Emily
    emilyannestyle.com

This sounds very interesting!! It made me start thinking of the different items I have in my purse!! Thanks for sharing!

inspiredbyabove.com

This is such a great post idea — it really makes me think about what I have in my purse. It’s interesting having to justify the purpose — wonder what I’ve been carrying around for no good reason! Ha!

What a fun idea for a post! :) I’m a new follower! I found your blog through your sisters blog! I just love it! :) I spent a little time yesterday checking out some of your hair tutorials and they are great! :) I actually blow dried my hair like you suggest and it worked so much better then the way I normally do it! I can’t wait to try out some of your other hair styles. Ok that’s all! :) Can’t wait to keep reading!

Hope you’ve had a great day!

I have never seen so many pretty card cases / pouches in one place! Love them all, but especially the Alissa Jacobs stuff – I will have to check her out!

I’m so glad to see someone else carries around as much stuff in her purse that I do. My purse seems like a bottomless pit! :)

Seems like a lot of things especially when carrying it all around in a big bag but when you pull it all out to try to lighten the load you realize it’s all essential things. :)

Kristen

This will be a fun series! I love how you keep some things contained in little pouches….I’ve thought about doing that, but just haven’t gotten around o it yet.

You have a beautiful blog with so many inspiring posts! Congrats on your work!
    Would you like to keep in touch following each other?

12. Ciara says

I can’t seem to see the shop either – I even went to The Pleated Poppy’s website and it didn’t work there either. Strange!

13. Anna says

Such a great idea for a post! I was just thinking about updating my purse essentials the other day. Thanks for the inspiration :)

I found your blog through your sister’s Friday link. I love the whats in your purse series. It reminds me of my grandmother. When us girls were little and started carrying purses she wanted to see what we were carrying. Everytime we visited she would ask to see in our purse.