Stripes

I’ve learned something about myself.
When I’m shopping, I am drawn to any/everything striped.
I can’t help it. I love them.

Top: Marshall’s (2012) {similar}
Skirt: J.Crew Outlet (2011) {similar}
Necklace: Nordstrom (2012) {similar
Have you jumped on the stripes bandwagon? If you haven’t, you should. It’s a great way to add a little pattern into your wardrobe without being too busy.

Comments

1. Anonymous says

Great outfit and you look fabulous!!!
    - Melissa
    Love everything about your blog and your sister’s blog too!!!

2. Anonymous says

I love the outfit!!!!! And I am the same, always have been. Stripes are my favorite!!! ;)
    Jennifer V

I love the outfit! I actually bought that top, but haven’t worn it yet because I wasn’t sure what to pair it with. I love it with grey.

I love the outfit! I think it’s a good sign that you know what you’re attracted to with clothes. Goes to show that you have a style that you’re comfortable with! Check out my blog post about finding a “fashion phrase,” or learning more about your individual style.

xo
    Emily
    emilyannestyle.com

Everything I try on these days seems to have stripes or polka dots on it! I love what you said about adding pattern, without being too busy. Probably why I love both so much :) Love that skirt on you!

Sarah
    smalltowncatwalk.blogspot.ca

I’ve stepped out of my comfort zone on wearing polka dots and stripes thanks to your style ideas and suggestions! Now that is all I am drawn to when shopping as well! Thanks for sharing it all with the world! You are awesome!

So this was awkward. Somehow I posted the following comment on your post about dry shampoo. (which I also enjoy…)

I totally have jumped on the stripes bandwagon and apparently so has my boyfriend. I showed up to Mother’s Day brunch, only to find out that we matched in navy and white striped outfits. We looked very nautical indeed.
    Just bought your blogger nail polish. Excited to try it out!

8. Gina Grimes says

Yes! Stripes are everywhere! I went to TJ Maxx yesterday and tried on 3 striped tops. Walked out with a cute one. I love the stripes!

I love stripes too! In fact, I had to talk myself out of another striped shirt that was strikingly similiar to one I already own!

I love, love, love stripes! This outfit is super cute!

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself, I’m new here! My name is Kari and I love you and your sister’s blogs! You guys are so creative and its inspiring! I love all the things you share. Hope you have a fabulous day, Kate!

I am the exact same way! No matter where I am I always end up looking at a stripe shirt. I love the outfit!! This blog is so great and I has helped me with new hairstyles and helped me with my own blog. Thank you!!

Just came across your blog! Adore the tutorials, your style and I’ve got to say that your hair is absolutely fab!
    Delightfully, Mandi

13. Anonymous says

Hate to be critical, you’re super beautiful….but I think you’d do better in a skirt that comes just below the knee or mid knee length…not sure anyone has nice knees, so I’d probably say this omment to anyone, not just you :)

14. Anonymous says

OMG I freaking love stripes. It’s a joke with my girlfriends… anything stipped they think i’ll buy. I love the outfit.
    Julie

15. Kerri says

It’s nice to know I am in good company – half my wardrobe is stripes (especially navy and white stripes!!). Gorgeous outfit Kate – especially love the skirt and your accessories :)