Gold Dipped Manicure

The other night I was polishing my nails with OPI’s So Many Clowns Too Little Time and I had an idea. I was thinking about swiping one coat of Sonia Kashuk’s Golden Ticket on my pinkies to add a little something’, but I didn’t want it to be too much gold
So I decided to swipe just the tips of all my nails with a bit of the gold polish.
And I loved the effect.

Here is what I did:
1. Apply 1 coat of Essie’s 3-way glaze to clean nails.
2. Apply 2-3 coats of OPI’s So Many Clowns Too Little Time (or another neutral) depending on the coverage you prefer. I like 3 coats.
3. Let dry completely.
4. Take gold nail polish, run the brush against the bottle so it doesn’t ball up on the end of the brush, and swipe the tips of your nails with gold by holding the brush perpendicular to the nail. I just did it free-hand, but if you want a very crisp and perfect line, you can use the stickers provided in French Manicure sets.
5. Finish with a coat of Essie 3-way glaze.

Comments

1. Ava says

No offense, but my first reaction when I saw the first picture that you posted was that your fingernails looked dirty. The close up shot at the end of your post looks a whole lot better – lol. ;)

Just a little PSA! Seche Vite has an AMAZING top coat that will literally dry your nails in minutes. It was a total game changer for me :) Love this idea!

Sorry, that is the first thing I also thought. I donR’t know if making the gold line thicker is going to make any difference especially on your skin tone. I say ditch this color and move on to something more pretty and pink

I like this look. I may try it with some silver polish that I have. I am thinking a light, matte gray as the base which I don’t have. I do have a white but I don’t think I it would be a good look.

5. Anonymous says

Love this!! I just did it and it looks great! I stumbled across your blog a few days ago and I just love it!!! Also loved your tutorial on how to curl hair! Thanks so much!!! Your AWESOME!!!

xxAllie

If you suck at freehand (like I do!) and don’t have the manicure stickers lying around, I just use band-aids. Peel the backing off, cut off the rounded end, place on the nail, paint, let dry, and voila! Works like a charm!

Trying this asap! Might need the french mani stickers though… not sure my lines would come out as straight as yours ;)

Sarah