Local Blog Meet Up

Well, we had our first blog meet up. And it was awesome.
 When we came up with this idea, we had no idea what to expect. And honestly, I thought we’d have maybe 5 – 7 people interested . . . Maybe we’ll meet at a Starbucks. . or a park bench. . .

But I was wrong. And I had no idea how many bloggers lived in or around Raleigh.
We were stunned with the number of emails we received from interested bloggers. We so wish we could have made it a larger event (we hope to one day), but we needed to keep it manageable for our first one!

We had the perfect location too. The owners of a really cool coffee shop downtown Raleigh called Benelux let us use their space to meet privately that evening. And the two baristas that were working while nearly 30 women filled the cafe were awesome. So helpful. Could not thank them enough for everything that they did.

Benelux makes delicious coffee and pastries, but my favorite thing is the waffles. They are absolutely to die for. In fact, when I composed the e-mail to the owner of the cafe(who I met once while I was there) asking if we could use the space, I said, “Hi Steven, I’m Kate. I’m the girl who always comes in for the waffles.” Because, well, I always get a waffle when I go to Benelux.

A few weeks before the event Carrie, Lauren and I got together to make little gifts for everyone coming to the meet up. We were so thrilled with the number of bloggers interested in coming and it was our way of thanking them for taking the time to come!

The night was filled with meet&greet and networking. Lauren, Carrie and I spent a few minutes introducing ourselves and explaining our blogs. But other than that, we left the conversation up to the women! It was a great opportunity to ask questions or just learn about what others bloggers write about.

Oh and everyone looked fantastic. Bloggers are pretty good looking, wouldn’t you say?

We had so much fun and loved meeting all these great women! We are so excited to have another meet up! We will keep you posted on details as we figure them out!

Huge thanks to Benelux for letting us host such a fun night there!

1. Posted April 17, 2012

That is awesome… what was inside the wrapped gift? Congrats .. I should do that in Texas!!

2. Natalia says
    Posted April 17, 2012

Oh I wish I lived close for that, sounds fun! I might do one for So Cal bloggers!

3. Mrs.T says
    Posted April 17, 2012

I just wanted to thank you for your helpful posts! I was at my in-laws for the weekend and I took a shower, got dressed and did my make-up before breakfast but decided to let my hair dry while eating & cleaning up then fix it later. No one commented on my outfit (tiered skirt and peasant blouse) make-up or jewelry during breakfast. I came down after curling my hair as I learned from your tutorial and my husband, MIL and FIL all made comments like, “My, don’t you look dressed up today” or “aren’t you looking nice” etc. They had already seen me dressed and made-up but the (properly) curled hair made all the difference!

No more “giving up on hair” (love that quote from you)days for me…I got a compliment on my messy bun yesterday.

Thank you for helping clueless and frazzled moms like me make our selves presentable and respectable to the world in which we live!!

4. Posted April 17, 2012

This looks like it was so much fun, Kate! All the ladies look gorgeous, of course. πŸ™‚

5. Posted April 17, 2012

I am so very sorry that I couldn’t come. I really hope that I can make it next time.

6. Posted April 17, 2012

Again, thanks so much for all your hard work pulling this together. I had no idea what to expect and was totally unprepared (didn’t have cards) but really enjoyed talking with other bloggers.

AND, I will go back to Benelux. Great spot for sure.

7. Allison says
    Posted April 17, 2012

I wish I hadn’t missed this! I will be at the next one! Looks like you all had so much fun!

8. Posted April 17, 2012

Thanks so much for organizing the Blogger Meet Up. It was great to meet other bloggers and get support and ideas. It was a fun evening. Benelux was a wonderful place to hold it. The gifts were completely unexpected (presentations was awesome!) and a treat. Everyone was so encouraging about my blog. Gave me a new shot of energy to continue!

9. Sarah says
    Posted April 17, 2012

Such a good idea – wish I lived closer! I’m also curious to know what was inside the wrapped gift πŸ˜‰

Sarah
    smalltowncatwalk.blogspot.ca

10. Posted April 17, 2012

Wow – how exciting that it turned into a really big deal! πŸ™‚ I know you were excited. We are having a little blogger meet up, too, in Charlotte in October. We’d love for you to come or help us get the word out! Here’s a link to the post..

11. Posted April 17, 2012

It looks like you all had such a great time πŸ™‚

12. Elise says
    Posted April 17, 2012

thanks for planning this kate! we had a great time.

13. Posted April 17, 2012

You wore your dress !! Looks like a lot of fun πŸ™‚

14. Posted April 17, 2012

Looks like yall had a great time! I will have to check out Benelux next time I go to Raleigh!

15. Anonymous says
    Posted April 17, 2012

good job!!! i have a question bloggers…i’m looking for a good lip stain…any good recommendations? tina πŸ™‚

16. Rose says
    Posted April 17, 2012

Wish I lived closeby. This looks fantastic!

17. Anonymous says
    Posted April 17, 2012

So COOL!! You guys come up with some great ideas and I look forward to your blog post everyday!

Liz McNeil
    Virginia

18. Posted April 17, 2012

Are you going to list, with links, all the bloggers you had come? I’d be interested!

19. Posted April 17, 2012

What kind of things were discussed? I’m interested in perhaps having a blog meet up in my area, but have no idea how to get the conversation going… How did you guys do it?

20. Posted April 17, 2012

What a great event!! Looks like it was a success!! I also commented on your sister’s blog about your dress, but I had to come say it here too. I LOVE your dress. Do you mind me asking where you got it from?

• Anonymous says
      Posted April 17, 2012

check her blog from march (coral dress) i believe it was from modcloth

• Posted April 18, 2012

Oh thanks!! πŸ™‚

21. Laura says
    Posted April 17, 2012

Thanks for a great night! I had fun meeting you and some other local bloggers! πŸ™‚ We should do it again sometime!

22. Kristen says
    Posted April 17, 2012

Sounds like fun!

23. Posted April 17, 2012

Looks like a lot of fun! Wish I lived near you guys!

24. Posted April 17, 2012

Looks so fun! & that coffee shop looks amazing πŸ™‚

25. Posted April 17, 2012

That looks/sounds so fun!

Allyson

26. Posted April 17, 2012

Glad the event turned out so well! Wish I could have made it but that would be a very far drive! I commented on Lauren’s post saying I think you ladies should hit the road for a blogging meet-up tour! Whatcha think? πŸ™‚

27. Posted April 17, 2012

That’s awesome; wish I lived near-by! Would you please list the bloggers who attended so I can check out their blogs as well? Thanks!! Love your site! πŸ™‚

28. Posted April 17, 2012

How fun! I would have LOVED to attend!!! You girls looked gorgeous!

29. Posted April 17, 2012

That’s so awesome!

30. Posted April 18, 2012

I’m so glad you guys had a good time and way bummed I couldn’t come! I hope I can make it next time!!

31. Posted April 18, 2012

I can’t thank you enough for organizing the meet-up. I had a fabulous time and everyone was so welcoming! The gifts were perfect and every detail was attended to. Can’t wait until next time!

32. Dana says
    Posted April 18, 2012

Wish I lived closer! Would have loved to have joined you! Any chance you can post notes from the meet-up?

33. Posted April 18, 2012

Oh my gosh! I live in Raleigh, and am so sorry that I am stumbling upon your blog after this was over!!! I love your hair tutorials, and you are so stinkin’ cute!!!

34. Rebecca says
    Posted April 18, 2012

That’s so exciting! I wanted to attend (I live in La Grange, near Goldsboro), but work is so crazy this week it wasn’t possible. Would you be able to post a list of links to their blogs so we can check them out? I would love to know of any bloggers that might live close to me!

35. M says
    Posted April 18, 2012

I would love to come to a future event if you are okay with just a little small hobby blogger? I’m local here in Cary πŸ™‚

36. Jennie says
    Posted April 18, 2012

What a great looking group!! I live just south of Raleigh and would love to catch the next one!

37. Chelsea says
    Posted April 19, 2012

I am so bummed that I missed out on this! Please keep me posted on any upcoming local meet ups!

Chelsea (www.hautechildinthecity.com)

38. Heather says
    Posted April 23, 2012

Aaargh, I can’t believe I missed this! I’m in Raleigh too! I need to stay up on these things. Looks like it was really fun. Yay!