Local Blog Meet Up

Well, we had our first blog meet up. And it was awesome.
 When we came up with this idea, we had no idea what to expect. And honestly, I thought we’d have maybe 5 – 7 people interested . . . Maybe we’ll meet at a Starbucks. . or a park bench. . .

But I was wrong. And I had no idea how many bloggers lived in or around Raleigh.
We were stunned with the number of emails we received from interested bloggers. We so wish we could have made it a larger event (we hope to one day), but we needed to keep it manageable for our first one!

We had the perfect location too. The owners of a really cool coffee shop downtown Raleigh called Benelux let us use their space to meet privately that evening. And the two baristas that were working while nearly 30 women filled the cafe were awesome. So helpful. Could not thank them enough for everything that they did.

Benelux makes delicious coffee and pastries, but my favorite thing is the waffles. They are absolutely to die for. In fact, when I composed the e-mail to the owner of the cafe(who I met once while I was there) asking if we could use the space, I said, “Hi Steven, I’m Kate. I’m the girl who always comes in for the waffles.” Because, well, I always get a waffle when I go to Benelux.

A few weeks before the event Carrie, Lauren and I got together to make little gifts for everyone coming to the meet up. We were so thrilled with the number of bloggers interested in coming and it was our way of thanking them for taking the time to come!

The night was filled with meet&greet and networking. Lauren, Carrie and I spent a few minutes introducing ourselves and explaining our blogs. But other than that, we left the conversation up to the women! It was a great opportunity to ask questions or just learn about what others bloggers write about.

Oh and everyone looked fantastic. Bloggers are pretty good looking, wouldn’t you say?

We had so much fun and loved meeting all these great women! We are so excited to have another meet up! We will keep you posted on details as we figure them out!

Huge thanks to Benelux for letting us host such a fun night there!

Comments

I just wanted to thank you for your helpful posts! I was at my in-laws for the weekend and I took a shower, got dressed and did my make-up before breakfast but decided to let my hair dry while eating & cleaning up then fix it later. No one commented on my outfit (tiered skirt and peasant blouse) make-up or jewelry during breakfast. I came down after curling my hair as I learned from your tutorial and my husband, MIL and FIL all made comments like, “My, don’t you look dressed up today” or “aren’t you looking nice” etc. They had already seen me dressed and made-up but the (properly) curled hair made all the difference!

No more “giving up on hair” (love that quote from you)days for me…I got a compliment on my messy bun yesterday.

Thank you for helping clueless and frazzled moms like me make our selves presentable and respectable to the world in which we live!!

Again, thanks so much for all your hard work pulling this together. I had no idea what to expect and was totally unprepared (didn’t have cards) but really enjoyed talking with other bloggers.

AND, I will go back to Benelux. Great spot for sure.

Thanks so much for organizing the Blogger Meet Up. It was great to meet other bloggers and get support and ideas. It was a fun evening. Benelux was a wonderful place to hold it. The gifts were completely unexpected (presentations was awesome!) and a treat. Everyone was so encouraging about my blog. Gave me a new shot of energy to continue!

Such a good idea – wish I lived closer! I’m also curious to know what was inside the wrapped gift ;)

Sarah
    smalltowncatwalk.blogspot.ca

5. Anonymous says

good job!!! i have a question bloggers…i’m looking for a good lip stain…any good recommendations? tina :)

6. Anonymous says

So COOL!! You guys come up with some great ideas and I look forward to your blog post everyday!

Liz McNeil
    Virginia

What kind of things were discussed? I’m interested in perhaps having a blog meet up in my area, but have no idea how to get the conversation going… How did you guys do it?

What a great event!! Looks like it was a success!! I also commented on your sister’s blog about your dress, but I had to come say it here too. I LOVE your dress. Do you mind me asking where you got it from?

I can’t thank you enough for organizing the meet-up. I had a fabulous time and everyone was so welcoming! The gifts were perfect and every detail was attended to. Can’t wait until next time!

Oh my gosh! I live in Raleigh, and am so sorry that I am stumbling upon your blog after this was over!!! I love your hair tutorials, and you are so stinkin’ cute!!!

That’s so exciting! I wanted to attend (I live in La Grange, near Goldsboro), but work is so crazy this week it wasn’t possible. Would you be able to post a list of links to their blogs so we can check them out? I would love to know of any bloggers that might live close to me!

I would love to come to a future event if you are okay with just a little small hobby blogger? I’m local here in Cary :)