Krispy Kreme Challenge

**VOTE for my Nail Polish Inspiration Board! Click HERE! It’s takes 1 second.**
_________________________________________________________

Imagine running 2.5 miles, eating 12 Krispy Kreme Donuts, and running 2.5 miles back in less than 1 hour.
That is called the Krispy Kreme Challenge.
Sounds terrible, right?

Well, my husband signed right up. And got a few of his friends to do it with him. And 3 of them wore spandex on bottom. Your welcome for cropping the following photo. . .

The proud competitors. We’ve got Rusty, Chris, My MAN Justin, and Matt. They all finished the race, but Justin was the only one who completed it in 53:57! You needed to complete the challenge in under an hour to qualify.

Race day was actually beautiful. They were calling for rain, but it held off until later that afternoon.

Jessica, Rusty’s wife, and my sister were there supporting the runners!

How cute are her kids?

We were cheering from the donut eating location. There were tables and tables of donuts stacked several high!

The runners came flooding in. . .

And then I spotted my man!

He picked up some rubber gloves to wear during the donut eating so as to not dirty his hands with sugar paste and have to run back with sugar hands. I can’t really blame him, it was pretty nasty. And it turns out, he wasn’t the only one with that idea.

Matt chose the “donut hole” method of squishing them into a ball. Not the most strategic. . .but hey. He tried.

Justin’s method was the classic Flatten a Stack.

Rusty arrived a little bit after Justin and Matt had begun eating. He dug right in and, frankly, seemed to enjoy each donut. But if you knew Rusty, you would know that man can each sugar like nobody’s business.

Justin finished up, and left Matt and Rusty in the dust.

Another one of Justin’s friends, and study buddy, Anthony (who we affectionally call “Tones-McGones”), showed up and got right to work on the donuts.

He needed gloves.

By the time the boys left, Jessica and I thought we should probably take some pictures as if we were competing. Thats the closest we’ll ever get to the Challenge.

And Jessica’s youngest cheered us on with a sign that said “You Have Never Been Cooler!”

Overall, it was a really fun morning and it was great to be able to see the boys eat all the donuts. They all did really well, and they managed to keep most of the donuts down even after the race. (and that’s all I’m going to say about that.)

If you live in the area, The Krispy Kreme Challenge is worth an attempt, or just something to go watch. But be warned: You’ll never look at Krispy Kreme’s the same again.

Good thing I’m a Dunkin Donuts girl.

Comments

I ran the KKC this past weekend! Unfortunately because of a food allergy I couldn’t be a challenger and eat all 12. I had two and still had a pretty bad reaction afterwards so I know that eating 12 would have put me in the hospital. Very fun race – I heard they raised over $120K for the children’s hospital which is always good to hear.

My finish time was: 43:42!

I think it’s awesome! I used to live 20 minutes away from Raleigh and I worked at this KK for 3 Years. My mom works there still as the office manager. Every year, the challenge is a BIG deal around here and for KK! This year they had so many runners that they had to deliver the doughnuts on an 18-wheeler instead of a regular KK truck! haha :) You got some great shots!

haha, the only race where you consume more calories than you burn off! this looks so funny, and fun if you were doing it. I don’t know if I could eat all those donuts and then run again! congrats to Justin on qualifying!

• says

my sister made it for me!! Isn’t is adorable. I am incapable of such craftiness at this point. Fingers crossed that I learn some night while i’m sleeping. She got the pattern on Pinterest somewhere though, I know that.

4. Anonymous says

Thanks for sharing the race with us. It made me laugh & looks like a lot of fun! Krispy Kreme’s are popular in my house too. P.S. The guy in the suit cracked me up!! Now that guy was serious about his Krispy Kreme’s!

Karri

i run on dunkin but i dont think i could really ever run and eat dinkin. but, i had some friends that did this and i have to say it is interesting. maybe ill get my running shoes on and train up for next year. glad to hear they were able to keep most of it down.

Oh goodness I love this!!! That is just hilarious! I think I would have gotten sick as a dog! I can’t even eat 3 of those completely sugar filled donuts without feeling nauseated! I’m a chocolate girl and donuts,pancakes,waffles, (with syrup of course) etc are not my thing! Hope this wasn’t too early in the morning! Looks like ya’ll had some fun!

What an awesome challenge!! Krispy Kreme donuts are my fav. Loved the guys’ technique on smashing the donuts down before scarfing them down ha! Brilliant ;)

Found your blog via one of my readers!
    Hope you’re having a great day :)

xo
    Alisha

This sounds so FUN! I loove Kristy Kreme’s. There used to be one near where I live, but they shut it down years ago. That was the only one that I knew of.

This is hilarious! I also wanted to let you know I have been following your hair tutorials for a couple of weeks. Wow! I was even able to do an updo for a friends wedding, so thanks! I have given you many a shout outs on my blog :)

LOL! That is a riot. I love some of the runs that are coming out now. I really want to do the Warrior Run, but there aren’t any donuts involved. Maybe I should reconsider . . .

We just had this event at Florida State last weekend! Ours was only a 4 mile race though! I couldnt imagine eating 12 donuts in one sitting, let alone in the middle of a race!

I’m opting to run the Girl Scout Run for the Cookies this weekend though, where they reward you with a box of cookies at the END!

12. Anonymous says

LOVE. THIS. I would totally have done this race in younger, thinner days. Hah! Especially love the gals with the donut nighties with rollers in their hair. Hee hee!! This is the stuff that makes life fun! (and you’re right. Dunkin’ Donuts forever!! No Krispy Kremes when I was growin’ up in Chicago, either!) =D

Ahh, that sounds so much fun! There’s a Krispy Kreme near my work and I’m very tempted to try this sometime! Love the sign “Don’t toss your donuts.” This is my first time commenting on your blog – keep up the great work!

How fun! I was cracking up at the guy running (?) in a suit. ??? And the women with pj’s and rollers… at first I thought the one with her back to us was looking in a mirror but then I noticed the socks were different. :o) Oh how I love me some Krispy Kremes… not so much on the running part!

oh my gosh. i read your blog but rarely comment. today is an exception. i just have to say that i thoroughly appreciate the guy who decided to wear the cookie monster shirt. that just made my day. hah! :)

Oh my! The runner in me was like “what? this sounds awesome” but then my realistic side was like “oh no no no…I could not eat 12 donuts and run 5 miles”. LOL. Sounds like an interesting race and fun that you were out there supporting your peeps.

HAHA this race looks like fun =)
    I might have just watched too and enjoyed a good dunkin donut =) But I’m working on exercising more, so maybe the race would have been a fun challenge.
    Much Love,
    L

(allglorious-within.blogspot.com)

Oh my goodness, this sounds like a great way to turn you OFF to donuts forever! I love donuts, but eating twelve of them and then bouncing another 2.5 miles…that makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it, haha! But, I suppose guys are wired a little differently. And…that sign was so awesome!

This is a great post, love all of the pictures. I have never heard of the challenge before. It looks like a lot of fun and kudos to everyone running, eating the donuts and than running back. Not sure I can stomach that.

20. Anonymous says

My brother ran that race last weekend too. He said the only reason he didn’t get sick was his strong will-power…mind over matter :)