Home Updates

I was feeling the urge to spruce up the house a bit. . .call it spring fever/cleaning. So thanks to T.J. Maxx, Target & some Christmas gifts I have yet to share. . . .sprucing accomplished!

I added this little wire basket, from T.J Maxx ( or Home Goods. . .) in an empty corner.

This rug, from Target, was perfect for adding some spice to my kitchen.
It’s a repetative pattern that I buy and decorate in repetitive patterns. See what I mean?
This lovely mixer decal was  a gift from my mom Christmas. Isn’t it lovely? I love it. It went on like a breeze and hasn’t budged. Click here if you would like one for yourself!

My mom also bought me this extra large cookie jar for, well, cookies. But I try to keep those out of my house. So I turned it around (it said “cookies” on the front) and I filled it with my Kcups. If you don’t know, Kcups are the prepackaged coffee grinds made for your Keurig. I seriously love my Keurig. And my new Kcup container.

So, while these are just minor changes and updates, it feels good to change things up every once in awhile. :)

Comments

Very nice!! I love the repetitive patterns & thanks so much for all of your hair tips & tutorials. I absolutely LOVE your blog!!

P.S. Any tips for me – I have long, fairly thick hair. I’ve recently started doing the “sock bun” at night which is producing very nice curls for me, but they seem to fall out really quick – or over a few hours. Is there anything you can recommend to me that would be light weight (not hairspray-ee) but produce a lasting hold?

Thanks so much!!

2. amy says

How recently did you purchase the rug from Target? I’ve been remodeling the kitchen and need a new rug for the new floor and that looks like something I’d like!

I love the cookie jar k-cup container! It looks so tidy but it’s still easy access for you to get to your coffee EASILY in the morning :) I absolutely love getting more organized! Even if it’s something really simple!

I love that mixer decal-your yellow KitchenAid is AWESOME!

Thanks for the great storage idea for my K-cups – my dad brought me a huge box of new K-cups to try over the holidays and I really need a better way to store them while keeping them out so people can see their choices.

Everyone I know LOVES their Keurig. I would probably invest in one if I only drank one cup, but I usually down one or more pots of coffee a day.

I LOVE HOMEGOODS! I have never walked out of there without buying something to spruce up my house!

6. Clara says

I love this blog!!! I’ve been following it a while now, and just decided to comment today! I just wanted to ask you…what stylist school did you go to? Is there one that you recommend more than others? (yes, I want to be a beautician;)
    And I looove the mixer:)

7. Lisa says

Love your style girl! The rug is super cute :) Like the idea for the cookie jar too. However, I won’t be buying a Keurig b/c the little cups aren’t recyclable :( Maybe someday they will be and that will be a day worth celebrating!

Oh absolutely, I love to change things up from time to time. You get sick of seeing the same things over and over. It all looks very nice. I really like that decal for your stand mixer!

9. kristen marie says

I LOVE this… i also need to do this…tink we heart the same keurig! i love ours! SO great for us and guests! :)

10. Anonymous says

Love the updates…but what I love more are the STARBUCKS K-CUPS! Why don’t we have those in Canada???!!! WHY?!? I KNOW I can put the grounds in the my K-cup…yada, yada…it’s just not the same!!! Thanks for the temptations Kate…LOL! THANKS A LOT! (Oh…and I gotta get me one of those decals for my mixer..that is AWESOME!)
    L :)

Love the updates! I think I saw that rug at Target the other day, right? Also, great idea with the cookie er, K cup jar! :) I’ve been trying to figure out a way to get those K cup boxes out of my pantry! I’ll definitely implement that in my home. :) (And I LOVE my Keurig too!)

I LOVE what you did with the house! and I must get one of those decals for my kitchen aid mixer which is white.. what a great idea.. thanks for sharing the link!