Stripe on Stripe

What do you think of stripe on stripe?

via Pinterest
via Pinterest

Turtleneck: J.Crew outlet, Scarf: J.Crew outlet, Jeggings: Jessica Simpson, Jewelry: Elisabeth Ashlie

I like it. Although I do think I went pretty subtle with my “stripe on stripe” look. :)

Comments

Your outfit was very subtle and I like that. The other pics are a bit much for my taste. Looks a little mis-matchy in my opinion.

anoblesjourney.blogspot.com

I agree with Kristin and Lauren subtle is the way to go! The solid on the bottom helps balance out the two stripes on the top. Very nice!

atimeforeverythingjewelryblog.blogspot.com

3. Anonymous says

I like the way you did stripe on stripe look best. Some can be too different and look tacky but the ones like your example look classy and stylish!
    -Amy-

4. Anonymous says

I like your stripe on stripe– I think it was smart to keep it the same general colors. I think the example pictures are mighty scary though! :)

yours looks great! That first one though… no way. It would be iffy if it were the same color scheme, but that is nasty. Love your look though since it’s more subtle.

Some might say I am a stipe-a-holic so I love this look. When my mother-in-law asked my husband what kind of maternity clothes to get me last year for xmas he said “anything with stripes.” I can’t help it, every time I go clothes shopping I tell myself not to get stripes but I always end up with something that has some form of a stripe. Your outfit looks great, but again I am a bit partial toward stripes.

Love your outfit! I have the same turtle from JCrew and will be borrowing this look this week! I agree with most of the posters – tone on tone is good, multi-color seems too much.

8. Anonymous says

Kate! Your ourfits are always ADORABLE! I love your style. Can I ask you a weird question? What size pants/jeans do you wear. I’m wondering if I’m anywhere near your size and how your outfits/style would look on me. That’s probably a really strange question, but I had to ask! Thanks!! Julie

I don’t like the top picture, but I like both of the navy pics. I think I like a little variety, but not changing too many variables at once. Your stripes look like they relate to each other. The second photo also looks like they relate. but the top pic looks too random for my taste. Interesting to see and consider…