Fail.

I really hope you all enjoyed cookie week! Every recipe looked delicious!

Next week is vegetable week!

Not.

I wouldn’t do that to ya.

But I will share some major FAIL pictures that my sister and I took with Jacques (yes,  I named by wireless shutter release remote so now I can say that I have a “photo shoot with Jacques”) on a slightly windy day…

It was blowing from our left. . .

I was trying to work with it. . .

Nope. Not going to happen. This photo literally caused my sister to buckle at the knees and fall to the ground in tears. She was overcome with laughter. And as soon as I ran to the camera to see what she saw, I also nearly died of laughter.

We ended up with zero successful photos, but are determined to try again on a less windy day.

Happy Saturday!

Comments

I think I’d like a veggie week, my 3 year old cheers if I ask her if we should have brussel sprouts and she’s always asking for squash! I ordered a remote for my Nikon d3100 only to find out you can’t use one with that camera. Sad sad day. :(

I’m proud of you for posting FAIL pictures…that always seems to be my choice of day for photo sessions…rainy, windy or TOO sunny! :/ You and your twinkie sound just like me and mine…I can see us doing the knee buckling and howling with laughter…I’m going to email you some pics of our recent sister shoot! Poor photographer…thankfully she was a dear friend of mine and put up with us. Where do I send your email?
    Rebecca~

Just found your blog and I am lovin it pretty girl!! I can’t wait to try out all of your hair tutorials- I’ve got one planned for tonight. Keep your fingers crossed!! Xoxo

haha I actually love that picture of you! Don’t know what you were trying to get pictures for, but that’s not something you can catch at every moment! Cute! My husband and I went out to take pictures today for our Christmas pic and we were dealing with wind as well!

Hi, Product question. I found the Redkin Extreme Anti-snap, but not the CAT. Should this work ok, or should I take it back and look for the CAT? Thanks.

6. Anonymous says

Dear Kate!
    I am so happy I’ve found your blog! For the first time in my life I can make my hear at home, and like it! I’m enjoying it so much! It is a good reason to get out of bed and style my hair, no matter how tired mother of two little children can be!
    Thank you for your job and please – just keep up the good job!
    Zeljka, Croatia, Europe

ps What kind of haircut you recommend for thick, strong semi-flat semi curled hair? I have long hair in layers (shorter layers are outside – my hairdresser says that if shorter would be inside – they would just make my hair look like umbrella…). -when I get my cut hairstylist always must remove some of my hair because it is too thick – what are best techniques for that? I hope you understand my english :) I do my best!

7. Anonymous says

You guys always look so happy all the time! I love it!! (it’s amazing what a little Jesus can do!) Thanks for always being so awesome Kate :)

Gosh, Kate….I thought I was looking at YOU in the first photo! You and your sweet sis look so much alike!! Wind or no wind….you always look so pretty, girlie! :) Hey, could I ask you question? Would you pop over to my blog and take a peek at my profile pic? I would love your thoughts on my hair color. Should I go darker or lighter or stay the same…??? Please give me your ideas? Thanks, Kate! :)

xoxo laurie

9. April says

Hey I’d love to know where you found that sweater you’re wearing in the first photo.

This post made me laugh out loud and also wish I had a sister. :)

I’ve always wondered how people get these all of these great pictures of their hair, makeup, outfits, etc… I kept thinking “they must have their own paparazzi.” HA! It never occured to me that you can get a remote for your camera!!! Brilliance!!! ;)
    Windy or not, your pictures are adorable! I <3 your blog!