Fail.

I really hope you all enjoyed cookie week! Every recipe looked delicious!

Next week is vegetable week!

Not.

I wouldn’t do that to ya.

But I will share some major FAIL pictures that my sister and I took with Jacques (yes,  I named by wireless shutter release remote so now I can say that I have a “photo shoot with Jacques”) on a slightly windy day…

It was blowing from our left. . .

I was trying to work with it. . .

Nope. Not going to happen. This photo literally caused my sister to buckle at the knees and fall to the ground in tears. She was overcome with laughter. And as soon as I ran to the camera to see what she saw, I also nearly died of laughter.

We ended up with zero successful photos, but are determined to try again on a less windy day.

Happy Saturday!

1. Anonymous says
    Posted December 10, 2011

I love the scarf and skirt. Where did you find them?

2. Posted December 10, 2011

These are hilarious! And, believe it or not, you and your sister are just as beautiful on a windy day as you are every day! 🙂 Just makes your hair a little more floofy. Happy Saturday!

3. kym says
    Posted December 10, 2011

Where did you get your skirt? It’s adorable!

4. Posted December 10, 2011

Skirt and Scarf from Banana Republic!

5. Carroll says
    Posted December 10, 2011

How fun! Yes, cookie week was a blast! So many fun recipes to try!! Hope you have a great weekend!

6. Julie says
    Posted December 10, 2011

I think I’d like a veggie week, my 3 year old cheers if I ask her if we should have brussel sprouts and she’s always asking for squash! I ordered a remote for my Nikon d3100 only to find out you can’t use one with that camera. Sad sad day. 🙁

7. jessica says
    Posted December 10, 2011

Wow, that is some strong winds! But on the plus side, you still look really cute, wind blown and all! lol I love that skirt.

8. Kelsey says
    Posted December 10, 2011

You both still look cute (even with crazy hair) and now you have so more memories from the windy photo shoot to enjoy!

9. Hannah says
    Posted December 10, 2011

I love this! Reminds me of me and my sister :o) Laughing so hard you fall over… :o)

10. Posted December 10, 2011

Might have to hit banana republic online! Love these fail pics – still looking gorgeous!

11. Posted December 10, 2011

In the last photo your hair looks really poofy 😀

PolkaDot
    zebrastipeandpolkadot.blogspot.com

12. Laurie says
    Posted December 10, 2011

Haha! You look like you were having lots of fun! and even blowing all over the place your hair still looks amazing 🙂

13. lori says
    Posted December 10, 2011

so funny!! but i do love what you’re wearing! too cute.

14. Posted December 10, 2011

I know the feeling! Haha.

15. Melissa says
    Posted December 10, 2011

I love the pics! I’m glad y’all got a laugh out of the shot at least! : )

16. Posted December 10, 2011

I’m proud of you for posting FAIL pictures…that always seems to be my choice of day for photo sessions…rainy, windy or TOO sunny! :/ You and your twinkie sound just like me and mine…I can see us doing the knee buckling and howling with laughter…I’m going to email you some pics of our recent sister shoot! Poor photographer…thankfully she was a dear friend of mine and put up with us. Where do I send your email?
    Rebecca~

17. Posted December 10, 2011

OK, these photos are very funny, but you two still look so cute! I especially love the last one–the wind in your hair is adorable!

18. Nuha says
    Posted December 10, 2011

Just found your blog and I am lovin it pretty girl!! I can’t wait to try out all of your hair tutorials- I’ve got one planned for tonight. Keep your fingers crossed!! Xoxo

19. Posted December 10, 2011

haha, I love that last one!!

By the way….we celebrated Christmas with my side of the family today and I GOT AQUAGE FOAM. Now I’m all excited to try it. 🙂

20. Jagiri says
    Posted December 11, 2011

hahah I love these photos. Nothing quite like a good funny fail

I did tell you

21. Missy says
    Posted December 11, 2011

I love these pics.

22. Posted December 11, 2011

haha I actually love that picture of you! Don’t know what you were trying to get pictures for, but that’s not something you can catch at every moment! Cute! My husband and I went out to take pictures today for our Christmas pic and we were dealing with wind as well!

23. Mimi says
    Posted December 11, 2011

these are actually really cute! i especially love the last one! 😀

<3, Mimi
    $100 Shopbop Gift Card Giveaway

24. Posted December 11, 2011

Love your outfit!

25. Erika says
    Posted December 11, 2011

Hi, Product question. I found the Redkin Extreme Anti-snap, but not the CAT. Should this work ok, or should I take it back and look for the CAT? Thanks.

26. Anonymous says
    Posted December 11, 2011

Dear Kate!
    I am so happy I’ve found your blog! For the first time in my life I can make my hear at home, and like it! I’m enjoying it so much! It is a good reason to get out of bed and style my hair, no matter how tired mother of two little children can be!
    Thank you for your job and please – just keep up the good job!
    Zeljka, Croatia, Europe

ps What kind of haircut you recommend for thick, strong semi-flat semi curled hair? I have long hair in layers (shorter layers are outside – my hairdresser says that if shorter would be inside – they would just make my hair look like umbrella…). -when I get my cut hairstylist always must remove some of my hair because it is too thick – what are best techniques for that? I hope you understand my english 🙂 I do my best!

27. Anonymous says
    Posted December 12, 2011

You guys always look so happy all the time! I love it!! (it’s amazing what a little Jesus can do!) Thanks for always being so awesome Kate 🙂

28. Posted December 12, 2011

Gosh, Kate….I thought I was looking at YOU in the first photo! You and your sweet sis look so much alike!! Wind or no wind….you always look so pretty, girlie! 🙂 Hey, could I ask you question? Would you pop over to my blog and take a peek at my profile pic? I would love your thoughts on my hair color. Should I go darker or lighter or stay the same…??? Please give me your ideas? Thanks, Kate! 🙂

xoxo laurie

29. Posted December 12, 2011

too cute! I knew there was a reason I liked you. You have the guts to post the imperfect as well as what comes out just right. Thanks for sharing.
    😀

30. Anonymous says
    Posted December 12, 2011

So funny!! Makes me think of fun times with my friends =) I would love to have a sister!
    -Amy-

31. Posted December 13, 2011

I know these photos were supposed to be silly…but I think you look FABULOUS! your hair in the last one is FIERCE. 😉 super cute outfit too!

32. April says
    Posted January 11, 2012

Hey I’d love to know where you found that sweater you’re wearing in the first photo.

This post made me laugh out loud and also wish I had a sister. 🙂

33. Maria.Catherine says
    Posted March 10, 2012

Im jealous of your whole entire outfit in this shoot 🙂

34. Posted March 29, 2012

You are so absolutely gorge!! Love your blog!

35. Jenn says
    Posted April 7, 2013

I’ve always wondered how people get these all of these great pictures of their hair, makeup, outfits, etc… I kept thinking “they must have their own paparazzi.” HA! It never occured to me that you can get a remote for your camera!!! Brilliance!!! 😉
    Windy or not, your pictures are adorable! I <3 your blog!