Cookie Week: Red Velvet White Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Red Velvet White Chocolate Chunk Cookies:

• 1 box – red velvet cake mix
  • 1 cup – all purpose flour
  • 2 sticks – butter {softened}
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups – white chocolate chunks {chips}
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a mixing bowl, add the butter and mix until soft and fluffy.
{hand mixer works best for this}

Then slowly add the cake mix and flour.

Once that is combined, add the egg and mix completely.

Add white chocolate chips,

mix it for a minute or so until it is all well combined.

Form dough into one inch balls,

{I used an ice cream scoop and it worked great}

place them into the oven for 8-10 minutes on an un-greased cookie sheet.

{Makes about 24 small cookies}

If you dare make these you will love every.single.bite.
They are absolutely delicious!

Source:
WhipperBerry

Comments

1. Melissa H from So. Fla. says

I love recipes that are not overly complicated or don’t require a hundred different ingredients. Thanks for sharing.

PS.. I know your a fan of PW, and if you haven’t tried it already you must sometime..her “Pig Cake”. It’s to die for.

wow. My husband and I are in love with red velvet cake, so I bet this would be amazing. We saw a receipe for red velvet hot chocolate floating around Pinterest and I’m determined to try that receipe, too!

I’m loving cookie week! :)

3. Anonymous says

Did anyone add andes mint candies? Either to the recipe or instead of the chips? I think I’m going to try it….perfect holiday color in one cookie.

4. Anonymous says

This was a goofy recipe. She is right, a hand mixer is the tool of choice. A double batch of these literally spewed out of my KitchenAid stand mixer. There seems to be way too much dry ingredient as you mix. That said, once I attacked it with a hand mixer and gave myself carpal tunnel folding in the chips, they came together nicely. They don’t spread on the trays too much, which is nice. Planning to put them in Christmas tins!

Gave these a try and I, too, found the batter to be super dry. There was no way it was going to form into cookies. Rolled the dice and added an extra egg. They seemed to work great. The taste good and are a great color. Waffling on adding cream cheese frosting but I think I will skip it this time. I got 4 dozen as well as eating some of the dough. :-) thanks!

Made these and loved them! My batter wasnt too dry at all, but it is really hard to mix those suckers up!!! I got a little over 4 dozen out of the recipe! Will be adding these to my list of go to cookie recipes!!!

I made these for our cookie exchange and they were so easy! The dough seemed a little dry but as soon as I mixed the eggs in it was fine. I think red velvet dough is always a little dry looking.

They came out delish! my husband’s fave will be making more for a playdate and of course christmas!

9. Anonymous says

Found this online today. Made them today. Ate them today. Sooo delicious!! Thank you for posting this!

-Amy