Annual Ski Trip

For the past 3 years, my family takes a ski trip to Utah as a Christmas gift. It’s great family (except for my brother who, like, hates being cold ‘er whatever. . .) memories and we look forward to it all year.

The past 2 years we went to Park City, which was phenomenal. This year, however, we are going to ski at Deer Valley! See ya snowboarders! (Deer Valley only allows skiers on their mountains.)

So we’ll enjoy views like this:

And I’ll try to get my hubby to take more action shots like this:

Enjoy your week at work. ; P

Comments

Kate! I worked at Deer Valley for years. You’ll be so spoiled and never want to go anywhere else. It’s a skier’s dream!

I highly recommend a splurge of brunch at Stein Erricsen Lodge and/or dinner at Fireside Dining. Have a blast. I can’t wait to hear all about it!
    cate

So fun! Love your blog and all your cute hair ideas. Will you do a post of your ski trip with lodging suggestions, etc for Park City and Deer Valley. Trying to plan a trip for my husband’s bday and a little overwhelmed!!

Pray for snow! It hasn’t snowed much this year, and most of the snow at the resorts here in Utah is man-made. My husband and I spent our anniversary, at the beginning of december, up at The Chateau at Silver Lake which is at Deer Valley. It was gorgeous! Have fun!

Have a great holiday ! Looks beautiful …… I visited Park City last summer, loved it, very cute town, lots to see and do. Found some great Mexican food :) Enjoy and Happy New Years !!
    I found your site a few weeks ago and love it, joined today.

I was just going to say that you got lucky with that snow this year but everyone said it for me! (I am in Utah as well) Glad it was a blast! Go to Stein Erickson for sure next time!

My dad is an instructor at DV in his retirement years, and it’s amazing there. I totally recommend the Goldener Hirsch at Silver Lake Village, seriously the best. And I love that you can eat at a 5 diamond restaurant in your ski boots lol!

I’ve been following your blog for the past several months and I’ve learned so much. You are adorable and I’ve enjoyed very much trying a different way to style my hair. And I have to say I like my hair now more than ever. I love curling it with the curling iron and straightening it using your techniques. Also, I’ve bought the aquage lifting foam and the kenra hairspray and they do make a difference. Who would have thought you could teach a 50 year old new tricks? I live in Utah and have to apologize for the lack of snow this year. Hope you still had a fun vacation. My email is leemo61@hotmail.com and I have a blog at mljensenfamily.blogspot.com. Thanks again for all your great and creative ideas.

Too bad you don’t come during Sundance and ski plus see some shows! Yes no snow on the valley, but those resorts are working hard to keep it up on the mountain. Be sure to go on restaurant.com and get some coupons for all the little places you can stop to eat. PC is very expensive for food! Let us Utahns know if u need any thing :)

I’m a Utah native too. I live in Salt Lake City. The snow has been terrible this year hopefully we get some soon, hope you had a great time we have Beautiful mountains!

I sure hope you found enough snow to ski on! I live about 40 miles north of Snowbird, and our snow season has been dismal so far this year! Nice to know that you were here visiting!

I hope you had a great time while you were here in Utah! Too bad we haven’t gotten any snow this year, hopefully next year will be better. Thanks for your great blog. I’m a hairstylist as well but haven’t worked in a salon for the last couple years, so it’s nice to read some of the latest updates. Thanks again, next year let me know when you’re coming and I’ll give you a few ideas of places to check out!

How is it that I am FROM Utah, and have NEVER, EVER, EVER been skiing or snowboarding? Ridiculous.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep up the amazing work on the hair tutorials. Just graduated from college…had a baby…became a sahm…and I have been in a total hair rut. I’ve tried several of your ideas, and I have gotten so many compliments! I love feeling pretty, even though I am so tired I think my brain might slip out of my skull. (But at least I have good hair on my brainless skull :D). Just all I’m really saying is…MORE HAIR TUTORIALS PLEASE!!!

14. Anonymous says

Camille, I live in SLC and I’ve never been skiing or snowboarding either! :)

I’m glad you had fun in Utah! :)