Homemade Mac and Cheese

This is the most delicious Mac and Cheese Recipe you will ever taste. And it’s crazy easy.

Ingredients:
1 lb (1 box) al dente elbow noodles
1 lb cheddar cheese
4 tablespoons butter
salt & pepper
1/2 cup milk

*cook your noodles to al dente as per the package instructions

**set oven to 375 degrees

1. Pam/grease your baking dish.

2. Place cooked noodles in the bottom of the dish (enough to cover the bottom).

3. Salt and pepper generously.

4. Add two large handfuls of cheese.

5. Start second layer. Repeat exactly what you did in the first layer until you fill your dish.

6. Place 4-5 tablespoon slices of butter on top of the mac and cheese and pour 1/2 cup milk over the top.

7. Bake for 35-45 minutes  uncovered <–this is when the browning happens…yum!

(my stomach literally just growled.)

It will be piping hot, so watch out. But it is always delicious and a total crowd-pleaser! I tend to under salt, so don’t be afraid to add a little more salt than you normally would in between all the layers.

Enjoy!

Comments

OMG!!! That looks DELISH! I really think I’m going to go to the store tonight and get a bag of shredded cheese! I really want to make this tonight! Thank you for my dinner..haha

Oh wow…my stomach is literally growling now too. :). My boys love mac and cheese so this is a must-try. And…I have that same dish and never use it. It will now be known as my “mac and cheese dish”.
    Ok, more growling…time for lunch. Thanks for your great tips!

My heart is breaking right now! :( I LOVE mac and cheese, but my 3 month old daughter’s pediatrician told me no more dairy. I will be pinning this to make when I can have it again though, and I can’t hardly wait for it! LOL

I made this mac and cheese after seeing the recipe on here and I loooved it! So, so easy and tasted amazing. I’m wondering if there’s a way to make it a little creamier – I actually think I might make it again and add a little more milk and maybe try to stir it in the middle?? Anyway, great recipe and great blog!

I’m making this right now and just realized I forgot the milk! Had to run and pour it over the mac ‘n cheese before its too late. Whoops =)

And no egg, woohoo! I’ve tried so many different recipes and the ones that called for eggs always curdled on me. Even if I tempered them, eggs always made the mac ‘n cheese “funky”. I’m trying your’s tonight! Thanks for sharing! *Ü*

I make this mac and cheese ALL the time. It was a staple in college when I was living away from my parents. We never had stovetop mac and cheese growing up so baked mac and cheese is all I’ve ever know.

Some things I add to it: before putting in the milk and adding the butter on top, I sprinkle paprika all over the top. Makes the cheese have a darker color and it’s nice.

I sometimes add Johnny’s seasoning in with the salt and pepper just to give it a little pizazz.

8. Anonymous says

So yum. We added 1/4cup of heavy cream to the milk to give it a more cheesy consistency…. Fabulous and so easy.

Best recipe ever!!! SIMPLE AND EXTREMELY DELICIOUS! You are as close to the perfect woman as I’ve imagined — perfect hair, perfect makeup, fantastic shopper, perfect outfits, great jewelry maker AND a great cook! Your husband is an extremely lucky man!!!!!!

I’ve never seen anyone make mac & cheese the way I do it! This is so great! I’ve never tried it with shredded cheese though, I’ve always used sliced block cheese (Cracker Barrel brand is my all time favorite)
    Love your blog!

Your recipe is right on target. I’m going to use the tip of the butter on top. I always make mac and cheese without egg. So much yummier that way.