Navy

I’m moving full steam ahead with the new “I’m not going to save outfits” goal! I really hope you are too if that is something you are trying to do. It’s been great to feel like I’m really getting a lot of wear out of these clothes that I’ve bought.

This dress is from Banana Republic Outlet Fall 2011–The great sweater is from J. Crew Outlet Fall 2010–The tights are H&M for about $5.00–The shoes are Nine west Outlet Summer 2011 for $25 (plus 10% off since they were the floor model and the one had a tiny scuff on it!)!

I like to shop at outlets. Can you tell?

Do you have many navy items? I’ve just recently introduced it into my wardrobe and I like it. It’s sort of another neutral that can be paired with most other colors.

Now go put something on that you have been “saving”. You’ll be happy you did.

Comments

Kate, almost EVERYTHING in my closet is navy! I’m obsessed with it! I’ve actually been working on NOT buying so much navy. If I see a shirt and I like it, I force myself to NOT buy the navy and get a different color. I recently picked up an army green button-down from Old Navy on sale for $1.50! =)

I love navy! I always joke that the only colors I wear are black, white, grey and navy but it’s true haha. Also navy works for basically any season- great pieces to have in a wardrobe!

Love your outfit! I have those same shoes in that color and nude. Love them and have received tons of compliments! Can’t wait to meet you at my appt in Dec! :)

4. Hepsacola says

Love the outfit. I am now on a huge gray and navy blue kick since reading your blog. I have always bought tons of black, but I am enjoying using gray and navy blue as a basic!

So glad I am not the only one that LOVES shopping at the outlet mall. Now that we finally have a Tanger close to Raleigh it is going to be the death of me! I love navy and grey, but recently decided to start adding in more fall colors to my wardrobe (rusty orange is a new fav).

This is an outfit I would totally wear. Looks super cute on you!

BTW, I should probably introduce myself…just found your blog last week and am hooked.

Looking forward to lots of awesome hair tutorials! :)

Kate – you HAVE inspired me! First with a flat iron tutorial – my hair has never been silkier or shinier. I get compliments every day. And secondly I am wearing a dress today, which I haven’t worn to work in years. Because of you. I had purchased it thinking it would be good for church, but after reading your post I decided to shake things up. Folks at work are wondering what the heck I’m doing with a new look, and I’m loving it! Keep up the inspiring work.

8. Anonymous says

Love the look! I enjoy your blog and look forward to my email each day, thanks for being such an inspiration!
    -Denise

Outfit saving is one of my worst habits. It’s been so bad at times, I’ve literally NEVER worn an item when I eventually get rid of it (after I’ve had it so long that it’s not even in style/the right size anymore). Since I started my new job, I’ve made a concerted effort to get outside my comfort zone style wise, and I agree that it feels great!

i need to do this, too! i love shopping at outlets- my parents have a tanger near them that are fabulous! they have all my faves- loft, j.crew, gap and banana republic! and i LOVE navy. like way more than black or brown.

Kate you’ve inspired me :-) After I read your post yesterday I went home and when through my closet. Today I’m wearing a shirt that I bought on my honeymoon (4 years ago) that I was waiting for the perfect time to wear. You’re right, don’t wait; just wear it!