New Studio!

I’m sure you all have had one of those days where everything happens. Some good, some not so good. . . but it all comes at once!

That was yesterday.
One of those things, which was a GREAT thing, was that I’m moving to a NEW studio to do hair! Yay! I’m elated.
This has been a long time coming as there have been a few issues at my current location. (If any of my current clients are reading this, don’t worry. You’ll be contacted soon with my new information)
So I’m moving to a beautiful location, only minutes from my current location. There are hard wood floors, dark wood cabinetry, a massive window (yay natural lighting!), and plenty of space. It is definitely an upgrade.
But–we need to paint. Big time. And redecorate. So I’m employing my hubby and my sister to help me get the job done! And I think I’m going to use my new stencil from Cutting Edge Stencils that I won from a giveaway on Hyphen Interiors blog. So excited to have a purpose for this so soon!
I need help, however, with color schemes. And that’s where you come in. I’m planning on painting the walls dark grey and painting the stencil pattern with light grey. What I need is an accent color( think: colors of flowers, colors of art, colors of window treatments), otherwise I’ll stick with grey & white and that can be a little boring.
What do you like best?
Comment below and let me know which is your favorite! Your help will be greatly, greatly appreciated!
Thanks lovely readers!

Comments

Congratulations on your new studio! I like the first color scheme the best. Love the greys and pinks :) Can’t wait to see what you decide!

I also love all your hair tutorials especially since I have shorter hair. They are hard to find and yours are all amazing. Thanks so much :)

-Holly @ Eight Six Eleven

2. Sara says

While I really like grey and coral, I think grey and pink is sophisticated, professional, and would look gorgeous with the floors and cabinets! Plus, who doesn’t love shopping for pink flowers, pink curtains, and pink art?!

I like option #2: the depth and richness of the colors seem to convey the “spunk” that you have! The muted shades would seem appropriate for… less spunk. :-) All are beautiful, though.

I like flora bright… the bright pops of color will balance out the grey and dark hardwoods. Fun!

And I have been styling the bouncy curled under lately… and never have received so many compliments on my hair! THANKS!

5. Anonymous says

I LOVE 1 & 3 ! There not to overwhelming of colors and I think they would be great accent colors! Congrats & Good Luck!! :)

#1 or #3….love the watermelon color, but you know, I’m partial to
    yellow and grey. I think the darker grey wall with the light grey stencil
    will be beautiful. Wish I were there with you to help! :(

Oh boy. Tough decision. Why did you pick 4 good ones?! haha I am really diggin’ #3. Be sure to pick something you won’t get sick of though and maybe shop around first, and make sure you can find enough accessories in you color palette. Good luck! Either way I am sure it will look awesome!

I like #2 the best. I just found your blog and love your tutorials, thanks! I just realized that you are in Raleigh, I live in Chapel Hill and NEED a new hair stylist. Any chance you could let me know how to make an appt. with you?

I like 1 &2 but I think 1 is timeless and would be the most appealing long term. However I know it will look amazing no matter which color scheme you choose. You have a way of making everything sophisticated and beautiful. Can’t wait to see it!

I like the last one. I like the deeper colors, I think they’re very rich. I cannot wait to see the new place! Too bad I’m growing my hair out, or I’d try to be the first to patronize the new studio!

I love the coral in the #3 pallette. It’s very soothing and calming…something I need when making hair decisions!! Tho’, I’m sure whatever you decide will be beautiful. Have fun :)

I think you could do alot with the 2nd one! I’ve been seeing similar colors in a lot of shops lately so finding some darling accessories for your studio wouldn’t be to difficult. And pretty!

Congrats on the new studio!

Annika
    A Sweet Release

#2 or 3 I think. I love the grey, yellow and coral in 3, but it’s a very summery combo. I think 2 is bold and vibrant and would suit any time of the year. Furniture in the rich amethyst, teal or olive shades with the grey walls would be fantastic!

The Flora Bright and Sweet Shop hues are both so pretty. I especially love plum and aqua with grey, the aqua has good ‘pop’ and the plum keeps it balanced and still colorful.

I like all of them, but I prefer 3 I think. I just painted 4 rooms in my house, and I definitely learned that a color that looks light on a swatch can look MUCH brighter on your walls. I find that colors that look fun and bright on swatches can be extremely overwhelming and/or too bright when painted on a wall. That’s just my advice as a recent painter! I’m sure anything you choose will look great:]

I just found your blog a week or so ago and I went back and read every post! I love that you show us non-pros how to style our hair!!
    As for the new salon(congrats!) I love the first scheme. Those colors are flattering to everyone and it feels feminine without being over the top!

Congrats on the new studio. It was a hard choice between 2 and 4 for me. I really like the yellow and gray and light blue in #4…mixed with the other colors. I’m sure whatever you end up choosing will look fabulous…you have great style!

Congratulations on your move! I like numbers 1 and 2 even though they’re totally different. My preference would be, if you’re going to spend the whole day there, number 1. It has a more calming affect and that lends itself to more creativity. Good luck – can’t wait to see it!

I love both #1 AND #3, but if I had to make a choice I would probably lean more towards #3 because I love, love, love coral. I also think having these colors in your salon might be more flattering on skintones. Whatever you choose will look great!

I vote for #4. I LOVE gray and yellow together and have been trying to incorporate that into my home lately because there are so many beautiful pillows and decorative accents I keep finding in that color scheme. Also the aqua color is beautiful.

Are the majority of your clients female? Do you have a large male client base? If so, you might consider a less girly/frilly accent color and go with 3 or 4. Just a thought.

I love number 1- it just says “Happy”!
    you are so cute. I just bought your flat iron in a bottle- trying to grow out my hair- from an all one length bob to something longer and possibly a few layers. love your hair….

This is because this device assures to either benefit or cure the autistic people
    in more ways than one. These pre-computed numbers, hold on in a very giant information bank for millions
    or URLs on the net. And then on March 20, the world’s largest paid private blog network – BMR – announced that
    its vast network had been almost entirely de-indexed by
    Google, causing chaos in the internet marketing industries.