How to wear a headband with a ponytail in kind of a cute way.

Often times I see girls running around with a ponytail and a headband. And usually, it kind looks weird. It looks like they just place the headband on top of  a smooth pony tail for no reason.

If you want to make the look work, you need to make it look like the headband is actually doing something for you!

Start by putting the headband in your hair and then pull it into a low ponytail. That will prevent it from having the slicked back look. And leave approximately 1-2 inches of your hair in front of your ears when you put the headband in. You can always tuck that behind your ears later.

See awkward photo’s here:

Like the headband? Find them here!
This is a softer, more natural way to wear both a headband and a ponytail.

Comments

• Anonymous says

soooo easy. just make a deep side part and take the front sectionof the hair. put the rest in a ponytail to get it out of the way. twist the section of hair and then pull it back. you can push it forward a bit to poof it. bobby pin with intersecting pins and add the hair to ur pony if its to long! there! i use it like everyday and its never failed!

1. Anonymous says

Can you show us how you do your bangs. I’ve always thought that style was really cute but I’m afraid they would look awful on me and I’m not sure how I would style them.

I agree…. why are these girls just sticking things in their hair for no reason? It looks best with purpose, like you stated! Love this!

Ashley
    jinxspinx.blogspot.com

3. Anonymous says

Can you please show how to actually section off hair? you always have it done already, and my hair dresser does it so fast that I don’t know what she is doing. I’ve been trying to do some of the things you bloggeed, but I don’t even know/understand how to part and where to part and how much to part!!!

4. Anonymous says

Could you please post a video on how you do your ponytail all messy like that? I have a similar hair type as yours, but I can never get a messy pony tail to look nice/right. Thanks! :)

5. Anonymous says

I found your blog through pintrest and I think you are absolutely adorable!!! I recently cut about 5 inches off my hair and its to my shoulders, I had given up trying to do anything but straighten it or wear it in a ponytail but you have given me so many options!!!! Thanks so much for posting you blog it is such a blessing :)

6. Anonymous says

Can you show how to make the back of a ponytail like that? With all the volume.. I can NEVER figure it out. I love this though!

7. Lisa says

Hi Kate!
    Any plans to sell this headband again? I checked your Etsy page and don’t see it. I would purchase something similar from someone else but I would rather purchase from you.