Homemade Pizza Dough

Before my wedding, my friends threw me a shower that included tons of recipes submitted by the guests! I was elated. Since I couldn’t cook at ALL before getting married (ask my husband, he was scared), it was good to know I had some tried and true recipes from my friends!

And of course, in typical Kate fashion, the most used recipe of them all? Pizza Dough. It’s my absolute favorite. I love pizza and I love the crust, so to make my own is perfect.
And it’s crazy simple.
Here is the recipe (from memory πŸ™‚   )
Oven: 400 degrees, Cook Time: 20-25 mins
3/4 C warm water
1 pkg Rapid Rise Yeast
1 tsp sugar
2 1/4 C flour
1 tsp kosher salt
3 tbps Olive Oil
1. Mix the sugar, water and yeast together. Let stand for 3-5 minutes. Make sure it’s frothy before you add it into the dry mix. If it isn’t, start over. There’s no recovering from here. πŸ™‚
2. Mix flour and salt. Add Yeast mixture and olive oil. Mix well until ball of dough forms. I use my dough hook on my Kitchen Aid. Works like a dream.
3. Drizzle olive oil in a bowl, place dough inside, turning once to coat. Let rise for 45min-1 hour.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll out dough to desired thickness.
5. To ensure a crispy crust, bake the pizza dough for 8 minutes before putting toppings on it. Then, take it out, cover in sauce and cheese, or whatever else you would like, and then bake it for an additional 12-15 mins, or until cheese is golden brown in places.
Then, after it’s finished, I usually throw a bit of kosher salt over the top. Why? Because I love salt. That is the only reason. Try it yourself. You’ll see.
So today, with this dough recipe, I made a little Margarita Pizza! Unfortunately my fresh basil had wilted, so I had to use the dry stuff. And it turned out pretty good!
Yummy juicy tomatoes

fresh mozz!

yes, I can hear your stomach growl.

Look at that crust? Perfection! I’m telling you: that pizza dough is the best!
So what kind of pizza is your favorite? Mine is definitely Meat Lovers (sausage, ground beef, pepperoni and bacon) or Margarita!

1. Lauren says
    Posted August 25, 2011

Margarita or goat cheese, pesto, and tomatoes are my favorites!

2. Serena says
    Posted August 30, 2011

Just stumbled across your page (pinterest!)… and love the hair tutorials. I’ve got the same length hair and never know how to work with it. Will be getting products soon! Your pizza looks great! I recently made grilled pizza, on the grill outside, and it was so easy. It’s a great make ahead type of thing for parties. Keep up the good work- love the hair info. – Serena

3. Posted September 13, 2011

I’m DEFINITELY going to need to try this recipe out. It looks so good!

I am in love with your blog. Can’t wait to follow it now πŸ™‚

Rachel

4. Posted January 13, 2012

Ok… I cannot wait to make this! I have tried about 5 different pizza dough recipes and hated them all, either too long to make or didn’t taste good at all. Hope this becomes my go-to-dough!

Thanks!
    Lindsey

5. Posted March 7, 2012

OMG’sh. The answer to my prayers.

YES—–>>>>that pizza look DELICIOUS!

6. Anonymous says
    Posted July 18, 2012

Do you use all purpose or self-rising flour?

7. Posted August 26, 2012

I make homemade pizza all the time and I use this recipe every time! It is so good and people always tell me how much they love the crust. Thanks for sharing it!

8. Posted March 16, 2013

Thank you for an additional great article. Exactly where else could anyone get that type of facts in this kind of a perfect way of writing? I have a presentation subsequent week, and I’m to the appear for such info.
    Singapore bars

9. Posted July 5, 2013

I realize this is an old post but I bookmarked it so I could one day try it. Wow, this pizza crust was legit! I’ve never used a recipe with yeast before because I was too scared- not anymore! My husband loved it and said I should make this for his parents! I too got recipes for my bridal shower and I love the ones that are tried and true, thank you so much for sharing!

10. Kim says
    Posted January 1, 2014

The boyfriend and I had a quiet NYE at home this year, so I tried out this recipe. SO easy and de-lish! Many thanks to the friend who gave you the recipe, and many thanks to you for posting it!

11. Casey says
    Posted January 6, 2017

πŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ™ŒπŸΌ LOVE this recipe! Thank you for telling us about it and for making your website easy enough to find it 5 1/2 years later!

12. Elyse says
    Posted January 19, 2017

Is this the pizza dough you are always raving about?! I searched and this was the only one i could find!

Posted January 19, 2017

This is it!

• Elyse says
        Posted January 19, 2017

Yay! Trying it out tomorrow night!