Before my wedding, my friends threw me a shower that included tons of recipes submitted by the guests! I was elated. Since I couldn’t cook at ALL before getting married (ask my husband, he was scared), it was good to know I had some tried and true recipes from my friends!
And of course, in typical Kate fashion, the most used recipe of them all? Pizza Dough. It’s my absolute favorite. I love pizza and I love the crust, so to make my own is perfect.
And it’s crazy simple.
Here is the recipe (from memory 🙂 )
Oven: 400 degrees, Cook Time: 20-25 mins
3/4 C warm water
1 pkg Rapid Rise Yeast
1 tsp sugar
2 1/4 C flour
1 tsp kosher salt
3 tbps Olive Oil
1. Mix the sugar, water and yeast together. Let stand for 3-5 minutes. Make sure it’s frothy before you add it into the dry mix. If it isn’t, start over. There’s no recovering from here. 🙂
2. Mix flour and salt. Add Yeast mixture and olive oil. Mix well until ball of dough forms. I use my dough hook on my Kitchen Aid. Works like a dream.
3. Drizzle olive oil in a bowl, place dough inside, turning once to coat. Let rise for 45min-1 hour.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll out dough to desired thickness.
5. To ensure a crispy crust, bake the pizza dough for 8 minutes before putting toppings on it. Then, take it out, cover in sauce and cheese, or whatever else you would like, and then bake it for an additional 12-15 mins, or until cheese is golden brown in places.
Then, after it’s finished, I usually throw a bit of kosher salt over the top. Why? Because I love salt. That is the only reason. Try it yourself. You’ll see.
So today, with this dough recipe, I made a little Margarita Pizza! Unfortunately my fresh basil had wilted, so I had to use the dry stuff. And it turned out pretty good!
Yummy juicy tomatoes
yes, I can hear your stomach growl.
Look at that crust? Perfection! I’m telling you: that pizza dough is the best!
So what kind of pizza is your favorite? Mine is definitely Meat Lovers (sausage, ground beef, pepperoni and bacon) or Margarita!