Furniture Makeover

So my parents wanted to get rid of their old pine furniture. I told them I would take it off their hands, maybe throw a coat of paint on it. . .see what happens. Well-it turned out beautifully! We used “Toasted Marshmellow” as the color. It was the perfect mix between cream and white.
Here is before: thanks to my muscular husband, I didn’t even have to sand 1 inch.

Here is the furniture with the primer. Note: open a window or door when painting with Kilz primer. I smelled it for days.
TA-DA!

A huge success! Don’t ever be afraid of painting furniture-it’s a little time consuming but totally worth it. :)

Comments

Wow, those look great! I’m also a big fan of painting old furniture to give it a new fun look! I found a couple bedside tables this week that someone was giving away for free and am going to paint them light grey this week! Can’t wait! I will post pics on my blog this friday if you want to check em out.(www.acozyplace.blogspot.com) :)

2. Jackie Dolson says

Kate! Your blog is wonderful! I am a hairdresser in Texas, and had been feeling a little blah with it, but all your fun and easy ideas completely reinspired me! Anyway, I was wondering if you had a link to the site where you found the steps for your furniture makeover?? I ended up with my grandparents bedroom suite from the 1960’s and it’s totally gorgeous except the mahogany color and some wear and tear so I have been dying to redo it just not sure where to start. Any help you could give would be so appreciated. Thanks!!

Jackie: Search for Centsational Girl, or IHeart Organizing blogs for furniture makeover steps. I don’t remember which one I used for the exact steps, but you will for sure be able to find something on those blogs!

Hi Kate, you have a lot of great ideas that I plan to steal :D I was wondering where you got your bed frame from? I have a similar comforter that I think it would look great with.

I have two dressers and a bed that I’ve been wanting to paint white, but have been a bit skeptical. I love how it looks in your room! We’re moving in about six months, so when we do, I might take the leap and paint them!

I just stumbled across this post and I LOVE what you did with the furniture! A fresh coat of paint can totally change a piece and lucky you that you now have an entire bedroom set that looks so good and only cost you the paint and some time! Love the fresh white look

7. Cat says

Kate, found your blog on Pinterest and LOVE everything you do! Can you tell me where you found your bedding? I’ve been looking for the same color scheme and design… I keep finding things that are just a little off! Thanks for all the great tips!

Kate, I love how your room/furniture turned out! I, too, am wondering about the bedding and is the picture from World market? Beautiful!

• Anonymous says

@Sara, Bed Bath and Beyond has that painting above the bed. its 99.99 but you can save 20% ($20) if you get it with a coupon!

9. Anonymous says

It is very usefull article. Thanks for sharing. I would also like show my furniture designs and concepts which gives you unique and fabulous addition to your house.